Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Son of the Serpents

Chapter 6: Juvie!

by selenepotter 1 review

What happens to captured young supervillans

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Humor - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-09-23 - Updated: 2008-09-23 - 4766 words

3Funny
Ah Captain, I’ve been expecting you!” said the Cobra. “As you can see, we’ve taken care of the Viper for you. How about we trade her for our Fre-“

But the Cobra was cut off, as with a guttural grunt, he hurled his shield! In the confined space of the cockpit, the shield bounced around many times, hitting the Cobra and Rattler several times each before the Rattler lost consciousness.





Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling
The Serpent Society is owned by Marvel Comics.

Chapter 6: Juvie!

“Doctor! He’s waking up!”

Larry Leighton awoke in a room decorated all in white, with the strong smell of antiseptic.

“Hello, I’m Dr. Foster,” said a brown-haired woman dressed all in white. “Can you tell us your name?”

“The Rattler, Where- Wait! I can’t move my neck! I can’t move my neck!” yelled Larry.

“Calm down. That’s just a halo brace,” assured Dr. Foster. “You’ve broken your neck. We had to put you in a special brace that is screwed into your skull to hold your neck still. Without it, you might become paralyzed.”

“Well how long do I have to wear this thing?” asked the Rattler.

“We should be able to take it off in, at least 6 months,” replied Dr. Foster. “Then, we’ll start rehab to-“

“SIX MONTHS!” yelled the Rattler as his entire skeleton began glowing!

Dr. Foster thought it was like looking at an x-ray of the boy, until the light became blinding. The effect faded when the boy passed out.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

After thanking Dr. Doom for his help and sending him on his way, the surviving members of the Serpent Society assembled for an organizational meeting. Diamondback, Black Mamba, Asp, Black Racer, Bushmaster, Anaconda, and Slither present at this meeting, presided over by Sidewinder.

“Frankly I’m not sure I can trust some of you anymore,” began Sidewinder. “Any of you want to tell us why you sold us out to the Viper?”

“Seth, it wasn’t personal,” replied Anaconda. “We were just concerned about this little war you’ve gotten us into with the Red Skull, to the detriment of our bottom line.”

“Hey! He attacked us first!” protested Diamondback.

“Fair enough,” agreed Sidewinder, as he held up a hand to pacify Diamondback. “In the future we’ll have to give a higher priority to paying missions. Bushmaster, have you been able to locate our missing members?”

“Rock Python and Cobra were taken to the Vault after being captured by Captain America,” began Bushmaster. “Rattler was taken to their Juvie section.”

“We’ve got to go break him out!” demanded Diamondback.

“I don’t think that would be a good idea,” said Bushmaster. “According to the medical records on the Vault’s computer, Captain America broke Rattler’s neck while subduing him.”

“But that’s crazy!” protested Diamondback. “I’ve fought Captain America. He would never break a kid’s neck, even by accident! He’s too good!”

“We all know what effect staying in Juvie had on our characters,” replied Sidewinder. “He’s getting the best medical care in the Vault. Until he heals, he’s better off staying where he is.”

ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ

When the Larry Leighton AKA the Rattler drifted back into consciousness, the first thing he saw was a man in a white coat standing over him. He would have thought the man was a doctor is the man hadn’t had green hair.

“Can you understand me?” asked the man.

“Wha- What happen?” mumbled the Rattler. “Hey! I can move my neck! Wait! What’s this?”

The Rattler pulled on a collar that was tightly around his neck but wasn’t wide enough to hamper his movements.

“Calm down. That’s an inhibitor collar,” explained the man. “It neutralizes your mutant powers. We put it on you after you healed you broken neck.”

“So who are you?” asked the Rattler.

“My name is Doctor Sampson,” said the green-haired man. “I’m your psychiatrist.”

“A head-shrinker?!?” exclaimed the Rattler.

“I specialize in helping young people like yourself,” replied Dr. Sampson. “Now what’s your name?”

“The Rattler.”

“No, what’s your real name?”

“Freak,” replied the Rattler. “Though, sometimes they called me boy.”

ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ

“~Hello? Can anyone hear me? ~” hissed the Rattler.

Ever since he’d been in his cell, he had been trying to contact a snake, using his ability as a parselmouth. He wasn’t sure that the collar they’d put on him to neutralize his ‘mutant’ power would work, but he did know that if he openly displayed his magic, they’d adjust his restraining collar to compensate. So apparition was out of the question until he was ready to escape. But even then, he didn’t know how to apparate without knowing both his destination and his origin point. And he didn’t know where he was! What if he tried to apparate 2 miles up, but he was 3 miles underground? He needed a snake to scout things out for him.

Then there were the Guardsmen. There armor reminded him, uncomfortably, of Iron Man. He wasn’t sure he could take one in a fight and there seemed to be hundreds of them!

Ššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššššš

“How is he?” asked Dr. Samson.

“He’s still engaging in that bizarre hissing behavior!” replied the Psychiatric nurse that had been watching the Rattler on the monitor.

“It’s probably due to being raised by the Serpent Society,” mused Dr. Samson. “Before they adopted him he was emotional and physically abused. I’ll bet pretending to be a snake in comforting to him. Well, I’m going to take him to group therapy now.”

“Do you need a couple of Guardsmen to control him?” asked the Psych Nurse.

“No, I can handle him,” replied Dr. Samson.

Larry had tried to slip out of the grasp that the Dr. had on his shoulder, but he had a grip like iron. Soon, they entered a room with a circle of chairs on which sat children of various ages.

“Kids, I’d like you meet a new member of our group,” announced Dr. Samson. “Do you want to tell them your name?”

“Rattler!”

“Do you want to tell them you real name?” asked Dr. Samson.

“No.”

“Hey! I din’t know weez could do ‘dat” said a child that was younger than the Rattler.

“Rattler here, was raised by the Serpent Society,” explained Dr. Samson. “So far he had refused to tell us his real name. I hope if you all welcome him, he’ll feel more open to sharing. Let’s all introduce ourselves?”

“Me Calvin Creel,” said the boy. “My dad’s the Absorbing Man and my mom’s Titania!”

“I’m Shinobi Shaw,” said an amerasian teen. “My dad’s not a Supervillian . . . or at least, hasn’t been caught being one yet. But I’m a mutant.”

“I’m Melvin Reece,” said a mousy looking younger boy. “My mom’s Volcana and my dad’s the Molecule Man.”

“And I don’t even know what I’m doing here!” yelled a boy, that was about the same age as the Rattler.

“Now, Scott, we’ve been over this before,” warned Dr. Samson.

“All I did was hack into the Wall Street Stock Exchange computer for a Prank!” protested Scott. “I posted on the ticker: ‘Avast! The Bank of American is about to go Belly Up!’ I’m not the son of a supervillain! My mom’s a perfectly ordinary full time employee of the Salvation Army! Yes, she went to a sperm bank. But the company that runs it, Virtuacom, is a perfectly legitimate company. And my donor was anonymous! The way you’re treating me, you’d think it was some kind of Evil sperm bank! This is over kill!”

ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ

“Okay, next order of business, I have tickets to a cruise, next summer for Asp, Black Mamba, Diamondback, Black Racer and Anniconda. “ announced Sidwinder. “Also a contract from the organizer of said cruise, a lady named Superia. She wants us to help her locate every female supervillain we can find and extend the same invitation to them.

So, does anyone else have any more new business before we close the meeting?”

“Uh, aren’t we going to hit the Red Skull back?” asked Bushmaster. “He did attack us recently, with more of his goons than ever!”

“Well, I wasn’t going to bring this up,” replied Sidewinder. “You all said I was focusing too much on him, to the detriment of our bottom line. But I’ve been tracing the Skulls money and found out he funds an anarchist group called U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M.”

“Isn’t that Flag Smasher’s group?” asked Asp.

“He’s that guy who dresses up like Space Ghost,” added Diamondback. “Larry likes the cartoons”

“Yes, apparently, his latest scheme involves a giant installation on the North Pole,” explained Sidewinder. “After what’s happened before, I won’t support an attack on this base unless it’s unanimous. Who’s in favor?”

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

“This is crazy!” said Diamondback, as she looked up into the sky and threw diamonds.

The sky was filled with U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. agents in their white ninja suits, flying around on jet powered, flying skis.

“Just keep them busy, while the others set the charges,” replied Asp as she continued to use her bioelectric blast to knock them out of the sky.

Just them, Sidewinder appeared with Black Mamba in his arms.

“Start up the plane, we’re getting out of here!” commanded Sidewinder, before teleporting back the retrieve another member.

Diamonback had just opened the door of the plane, when Black Racer zoomed in, carrying Slither. Dropping him off, she ran back for someone else.

It was a running battle the whole time they were loading the plane, they had to keep firing out the door of the plane at the U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. agents as they took off.

They had just lost the last of them, when there was a blinding flash, turning the long Arctic winter night into day for an instant. Whatever was casting the bright light, was directly behind them.

“What the hell?” asked Diamondback. “Did you nuke the place?”

“Well, yes, since there was a nuke built into the structure of that gigantic electro-pulse generator they were building, setting it off prematurely seemed like the best way to get rid of it,” admitted Bushmaster.

“Hand on guys, I’m getting something!” said Black Mamba as she held the earpiece tighter against her ear. “Flag Smasher wasn’t there because he’s taken over an American Arctic bas not far South of here. He’s threatening to kill his hostages unless they send him the REAL Captain America.”

“I wonder what he means by that?” asked Diamondback.

“Who cares,” said Anaconda. “Let’s go get him!”

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Braca Braca Braca!

The shots from the Uzi rang out as soon as Black Racer touched the door. She jumped away in surprise!

“I told that fake’s partner I was going to kill my hostages if he didn’t come back with the REAL Captain America!” yelled Flag Smasher. “What? Didn’t your government believe me?”

“We’re not from the government,” replied Sidewinder, as he teleported behind Flag Smasher.

Flag Smasher turned and bashed Sidewinder with Captain America’s shield, knocking him off his feet. But before he could shoot him, Sidewinder teleported away.

“If you’re not from a government, then what are you doing here?” yelled Flag Smasher, as she raked the door with gunfire again, causing Diamondback to roll away from the door.

“It’s Personal!” yelled Diamondback.

“We’re going to kill you because U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. is funded by the Red Skull Ooof!” said Sidewinder, as Flag Smasher bashed him in the head with the shield.

“I know that!” yelled Flag Smasher as he continued to use his gun to prevent anyone from entering the complex. “That’s why I need Captain America’s help! I have to stop U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. before they finish my electro-pulse generator! I can’t let that Nazi subvert my cause!”

BOOM!

The wall next to Flag Smasher exploded as the anarchist made a backward roll out of the way of the debris. Anaconda’s arms shot forward out of the hole created by diamondback’s explosive, but her quarry was not longer there. When he shot at them, Anaconda retracted her arms back outside.

“Look, if you’re serious, we no longer have reason to fight,” said Diamondback. “How about we have a truce and discuss this?”

“Okay, but if any one makes a move, I start shooting again,” agreed Flag Smasher.

Cautiously, Diamondback stepped into the hall way where they could see each other.

We already blew up that base of yours, so you don’t need Captain America’s help,” announced Diamondback.

“Really? Thanks!” said Flag Smasher. “So who are you people and why are you after the Red Skull?”

“We’re the Serpent Society,” replied Diamondback, as Anaconda surreptitiously drug Sidewinder outside and revived him. “We’re sort of like a trade union for Snake-themed villains. But the Red Skull keeps attacking us. Every time he does, we hit him back.”

“Well I wouldn’t mind a piece of that,” admitted Flag Smasher. “If you ever need any help with that, give me a call.”

“Thanks, we’ll do that,” replied Diamondback.

“Hey, before we go, would you like to see that fake Cap they sent me?” asked Flag Smasher.

After leading them around back, Flag Smasher took them to where he had a man dressed like Captain America hanging from a bar tied to his arms. He was submerged in the Arctic Ocean up to his chest in a hole in the ice.

“He’s a little hypothermic, but he wasn’t that talkative to begin with,” said Flag Smasher.

“What, he didn’t try to talk you into surrendering?” asked Black Mamba.

“No, just some unintelligible grunting as he attacked,” said Flag Smasher. “He’s a lot stronger than the Real one but he’s nowhere near as smart or skilled. It was pretty easy to defeat him and send his partner back for the Real thing. I can’t believe the American government wouldn’t take me seriously! What is wrong with them?”

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

“~Hello? Can anyone hear me? ~” hissed the Rattler, as he paced his cell.

Suddenly, the lights went out and he found himself in total darkness.

When the emergency lights came on there was a loud clicking sound on the electronic lock of his cell door. Giving the door a light push, it swung open. The Rattler ran for it. When he passed a guard station, there were three Guardsmen twitching on the ground as electric arcs flowed over their armor. The Rattler decided not to touch it. He kept going. The elevator wasn’t working, so he took the stairs. As he passed the third landing, a door opened and he was joined by a crowd of escaping adult supervillains. One of them grabbed him, broke off his restraining collar and turned his to face her. She was a tall woman with auburn hair.

“I’m Titania, have you seen my son?” demanded the woman in prison clothes.

“He was in my group, two floors down!” replied the Rattler.

She dropped him and forced the crowd to part allowing her to go against the flow.

The Rattler was dragged along, with the crowd pressed against him. Only after they’d made it outside did the crowd of escaping supervillains start to thin. That’s when he saw a familiar face.

“Hey Larry!” said the Cobra. “Come with us. This is Rock Python. He was captured by Captain America too.”

“Where are we, Klaus?” asked Rattler.

“Colorado,” replied the Cobra. “Don’t worry, kid, we’ll be home in a jiffy!”

ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ

There was, of course the mandatory tear-filled reunion when the Rattler was re-united with his foster-mom. And they had moved into a new headquarters. But soon things were back to normal and she was driving him to his twice weekly lessons with the Taskmaster.

“Listen, there’s a new Captain America and while I was in stir, the feds made me teach him how to use his shield,” began the Taskmaster. “And since I’ve taught him, I might as well teach you too. I’ve divided the original’s moves into 10 separate katas. Shall we begin?”

ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ

Jane Foster is a Marvel Comics supporting character who for many years was the nurse employed by Dr. Donald Blake, the secret identity of Thor.
Publication history
Jane Foster first appeared in Journey Into Mystery #83 (August 1962), and was created by Jack Kirby and Joe Sinnott.
Jane Foster-Kincaid received an entry in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update '89 #3.
Fictional character history
Nothing much about Jane's past before meeting Thor is known. At first she was a nurse for Donald Blake, eventually developing feelings for him, not knowing that Blake and Thor were one and the same. The love triangle went on for a while, until Thor revealed his secret identity to Jane, and in return even took her to Asgard with him. There, Jane was briefly granted immortality and the power of Gods until Thor's angry father, Odin, took it away from her. Jane and Thor eventually broke up, and she later met her current husband Dr. Keith Kincaid and had a son with him. For a time, Odin even wiped the memories Jane had of Thor away from her, but she eventually gained them back. After that, Jane was occasionally seen assisting the Avengers when the need arose.
Physician
Jane appears again in another Thor series, her first appereances in Thor (Vol. 2) #5. A doctor herself, she is in a position of authority over several New York paramedics.


Doc Samson (Dr. Leonard Samson) is a fictional character, a superhero and psychiatrist in the Marvel Comics universe, known as a supporting character in stories featuring The Hulk. Ty Burrell portrays Doc Samson in the 2008 film, The Incredible Hulk, but he does not show any superpowers in the movie.
Publication history
Doc Samson first appeared in the Incredible Hulk #141 (July 1971) and was created by Roy Thomas and Herb Trimpe. Since then he has also appeared as a supporting character in several different Marvel Comics titles, including She-Hulk, Uncanny X-Men, and Amazing Spider-Man. In 1996 Doc Samson starred in his first self-titled mini-series written by Dan Slott. In 2006, Samson starred in his second mini-series written by Paul Di Filippo and penciled by Fabrizio Fiorentino.
Fictional character biography
Leonard Samson was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He became a college professor and psychiatrist. After Robert Bruce Banner was temporarily cured of being the Hulk by siphoning off the gamma radiation that caused his transformations, Samson, who had been working with Banner/Hulk in his job as a psychiatrist, exposed himself to some of the siphoned radiation, granting him a superhumanly strong and muscular physique and causing his hair to turn green and to grow long, reminiscent of his biblical namesake. Initially, Samson's physical strength depends upon the length of his hair, though his gamma mutation eventually stablized making the length of his hair no longer a factor. Shortly afterward, his flirting with Betty Ross caused a jealous Banner to re-expose himself to radiation, becoming the Hulk once more to battle Samson.[1] He learned that his power decreases when he cuts his green hair,[2] but then lost his powers due to the bombardment of intense gamma radiation.[3] Feeling guilty about his role in his patient's return to being the Hulk, Samson would spend much time working with Banner over the years.
Samson eventually regained his powers in a gamma ray explosion, and joined the gamma base staff.[4] Alongside S.H.I.E.L.D., he battled the Hulk.[5] He shrank and projected the Hulk into Glenn Talbot's brain to cure Talbot of amnesia.[6] Samson then battled the Rhino.[7]
Samson was later captured by the Leader.[8] He teamed with the Hulk against the Leader's humanoids.[9] He attempted a psychoanalysis of the Hulk through his dreams, and diagnosed him with Multiple Personality Disorder.[10] Samson next encountered Angel and the Master Mold.[11] He encountered Moonstone, and battled the Hulk.[12] Samson then quit Gamma Base, and became General Ross's psychiatrist.[13]
Samson later encountered Woodgod and the Changelings.[14] His former relationship with Dr. Delia Childress was revealed, and he teamed with Spider-Man against the Rhino and AIM.[15] He next defeated Unus in combat.[16] With the Thing and other heroes, he was abducted by the Champion to challenge him in combat.[17]
Samson, determined again to cure the Hulk, defeated him in battle by calming him.[18] He succeeded in separating Bruce Banner and the Hulk physically into two separate individuals. He rescued the Hulk from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s attempt to execute him, although the Hulk then ran amok.[19] Samson adopted a new costume, and battled the heroes Iron Man, Wonder Man, Hercules, and Namor the Sub-Mariner for the right to recapture the Hulk.[20] He battled the Hulk,[21] then destroyed the Hulk robot, and battled the Hulkbusters, resulting in the death of Carolyn Parmenter.[22] He battled the Hulk and the Hulkbusters again,[23] but the Hulk defeated Samson and the Hulkbusters.[24] Samson then attempted to remerge Banner and the Hulk, but an accident resulted in Banner's transformation into the grey Hulk.[25] Samson then became mentally dominated by a mutant mind-parasite.[26] He assisted X-Factor in capturing the Hulk on behalf of S.H.I.E.L.D.[27] Samson also cured Captain Ultra of his fear of fire.[28]
Powers and abilities
Doc Samson possesses superhuman physical abilities as a result of exposure to high levels of gamma radiation. Though his exposure is considerably less than that of the Hulk or the Abomination, he still possesses most of the same powers as they have.
The gamma radiation mutated Samson's physique by adding considerable muscle and bone mass to his body, granting him high levels of superhuman strength. Samson's hair is a bright shade of green due to his exposure to gamma radiation. Initially, his strength was dependent upon the length of his hair and the longer it was, the more powerful he was though his mutation has since stablized making his hair length irrelevant. Samson's strength is equal to that of the Gray Hulk, AKA Joe Fixit, while the latter is in a calm emotional state. Unlike the Hulk, however, Samson's strength doesn't increase due to adrenaline surges while angry. As a result, Samson is ultimately far less powerful than the Hulk. Also like the Hulk and Abomination, Samson's leg muscles are highly developed and powerful. He is able to leap great distances both vertically and horizontally, though not nearly as far as the Hulk or Abomination.
Aside from granting him more muscle mass, Samson's bodily tissues are fortified and are considerably harder than those of an ordinary human, granting him a high level of resistance to physical injury. Samson can withstand falls from great heights, extremes of temperature, high-caliber bullets, and tremendous impact forces like being repeatedly struck by the Hulk without sustaining injury. Due to his highly advanced musculature, his muscles produce considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a normal human, granting him superhuman stamina. He's demonstrated sufficient stamina to a battle a mindless incarnation of the Hulk for more than six hours.[42]
Like others who have gamma induced powers, Doc Samson is immune to terrestrial diseases. Unlike the Hulk, Abomination, or even the She-Hulk, Samson hasn't demonstrated any accelerated healing powers.
Samson is said to be one of the most renowned psychiatrists on Earth. [43] He is often called on to counsel various superhumans, such as the members of X-Factor. He has a M.D. in psychiatry, and is a skilled theoretical technician and inventor of various medical devices.[citation needed]
Samson is a good hand to hand combatant that, coupled with his physical attributes, have allowed him to hold his own against the Hulk for extended periods of time. He has also briefly engaged the combined forces of Iron Man, Wonder Man, Sub-Mariner, and Hercules, though those heroes had been fatigued after battling the mindless Hulk.[44] He sometimes uses psychology as a tool to get through a more powerful opponent's guard, such as an Infinity Gem-empowered Titania.[45]
Personality
Unlike the Hulk, Doc Samson does not suffer from multiple personality disorder, and so retains his genius intellect. He has conducted research on gamma beings like himself and has come to the conclusion that gamma mutation is largely determined by the subject's deepest sense of self. Hence, his form is based on a subconscious desire for superhuman power like the Biblical Samson. [46]

Guardsman was the name of a superhero in the Marvel Universe, but was later applied to a small squad of agents. He/they wear suits of power armor while working security at the Vault; the suits were designed by Tony Stark, better known as the superhero Iron Man.
Other Guardsmen
• Other known Guardsmen working at the Vault besides the O'Briens include Curtis Elkins aka Sentry and Scott Washington a.k.a. Hybrid. Many of the other members of the vigilante group The Jury were also former Guardsmen working at the Vault.
• Other known Guardsmen include: Danny Stephens[4], Howard Samuels[5], Mike Ivy[6], Patrick Herbert[7], Marty Delarosa[8], Jim Cunningham[9], and Harry Bright[10].
Powers and abilities
Both Guardsman wore powered armor designed by Tony Stark and Stark Industries. The Guardsman armor contained a powered exoskeleton that gave the wearer superhuman strength allowing the operator to lift 40 tons under optimal conditions (for about 3 minutes). The armor's high-carbon steel alloy mesh and radiation shielding also offer protection from most ballistic and even energy weapons. The armor can fly via chemically powered boot jets at a maximum speed of 250 mph for 3 hours, and contains 30 minutes air supply for submersion or high altitude flight.
Each palm of the Guardsman armor's gauntlets contains a charged ion "repulsor ray" emitter capable of 45 seconds continuous discharge at a range of 40 feet before irregularities in plasma cone diffuse the beam.

Flag-Smasher is the name used by two fictional supervillains appearing in the Marvel Comics universe. The original was most often a foe of Captain America while other adversaries of the Flag-Smasher include The Punisher, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, The Runaways, and The Liberteens.

Flag-Smasher (ULTIMATUM)
Fictional character biography
Flag-Smasher was born in Bern, Switzerland, the son of a wealthy Swiss banker-turned-diplomat. He wanted to follow in his father's footsteps and become a diplomat until his father was trampled to death in a riot at a Latverian embassy. He came to believe that humanity needed to do away with the concept of countries and nationalism that made people feel superior to those of different nationalities.
Today, Flag-Smasher uses terrorism to spread anti-nationalist sentiment. He conducted a one-man terrorist campaign in New York City against nationalist symbols, and held hundreds as hostages until he was eventually captured by Captain America.[1]
He founded ULTIMATUM, the Underground Liberated Totally Integrated Mobile Army To Unite Mankind. He served as the Supreme Commander of the anti-nationalistic terrorist organization. With ULTIMATUM, he hijacked an American airliner and held its passengers hostage. He demanded the surrender of Captain America for execution in return for the hostages' freedom. His plot was thwarted by Captain America and S.H.I.E.L.D.[2]
The Flag-Smasher later learned that the Red Skull was funding ULTIMATUM. He survived assassination attempts by ULTIMATUM, and captured the current Captain America, John Walker. Flag-Smasher teamed with Captain America, Battle Star, and Demolition-Man in thwarting an ULTIMATUM plot to set off a worldwide electromagnetic pulse that would render all electrically operated machinery useless.[3]
Powers and abilities
The Flag-Smasher is an athletic man who is a gifted hand-to-hand combatant with great proficiency in the martial art of shotokan karate-do. He is also a brilliant terrorist strategist, and has fluency in English, French, German, Russian, Italian, Japanese, and Esperanto.
ULTIMATUM personnel have supplied him with a number of weapons and other devices, including a flame-throwing pistol, a tear-gas gun, a spiked mace, jet-propelled skis used for flight, teleportation devices, submarines, and rocket-propelled hovercrafts.
ULTIMATUM (short for Underground Liberated Totally Integrated Mobile Army To Unite Mankind) is a fictional terrorist organization in the Marvel Comics universe. It was founded by the Flag-Smasher in his attempts to destroy nationalism.
Sign up to rate and review this story