Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Untitled (for now)

Chapter 2: Joel Knows

by shortie86madden 1 review

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-09-29 - Updated: 2008-10-10 - 970 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

“Riles, Riles” I heard as someone began to shake me. I opened my eyes, to see Benji standing in front of me. “Get up we have to be at the venue in like an hour.”

“What time is it?” I asked, sitting up.

“8:30,” he said, “What happened last night? I came out of the washroom and Joel was sitting on his bed and you were passed out.”

“I don’t know I just fell asleep,” I said yawning, “are you ready to go?”

“Yeah, I just have to do my hair but I can’t find my gel. Do you have any?”

“Um, I think so. Let’s go to my room.” I got up and Benji and I walked to the door as I went to grab the knob, Joel walked in and Benji slammed into my back.

“Shit, sorry, where are you guys headed?” He asked moving into the room.

“Riley’s room, I need gel, she needs to change. We’ll meet you guys down in to lobby at 9.” Benji said pushing me out the door. We walked across the hall to my room. As we entered, Benji went straight to the bathroom. I walked over to the table where my suitcase was and opened it. I began to look for an outfit to wear, ‘Why don’t I have anything Joel worthy in here?’ I thought as I pulled out my white strapless top and my blue camo pants and placed them on the bed. Just then Benji came out of the bathroom.

“Hey do you have comb?” he said walking towards me.

“Yeah, it’s on the bed,” I said tying my hair half up into a messy bun. I began to get undressed as Benji grabbed the comb and walked back into the bathroom. I got dressed and walked over to my night side table and grabbed my bracelets and wristbands. I put them on and walked into the bathroom.

“Benji, did you see my necklace in here?”

“Which one?”

“The best friends one that you gave me when I was like 10.”

Benji looked at me, “You know that most people wouldn’t wear best friends necklaces when they are 21 or 23.”

“Yeah but mine means a lot to me.”

“And why is that?”

“Because it came from you.” I said giving him a hug.

“Aw, shucks.” He said smiling, just then my alarm went off.

“Shit we have to go,” I said shutting off my alarm and grabbing my black jacket off the chair and putting on my shoes. Benji grabbed his MADE sweater off of the bed.

“Hey I found your necklace,” he said walking over to me.

“It was on the night table?”

“No, it must have fallen onto the floor.” He put it around my neck and did it up as I opened the door. We got to the elevator and the doors opened just as Billy and Jessie ran up.

“Morning,” Jessie said out of breath, “You guys running late too?”

“No, we told Joel to meet us in the lobby at 9.” Benji said as the doors opened on the main level. As we walked out into the lobby, I seen, Joel standing by the doors alone, Paul and Chris were standing with Ashley and she looked upset. We all walked out to the two vans out front, all of the guys went in the one and Ashley, Jessie and I went in the other one. The vans started to drive when Ashley turned to me.

“Riley, I am so sorry. If I knew that it was him I would have kept my mouth shut.” She said at the point of almost crying.

“What are you talking about Ashley?” I asked, looking confused.

“Well, I called Benji’s cell this morning, and was talking to him, only it wasn’t him, it was Joel and I didn’t know.”

“Why are you sorry about that?”

“Well I was saying how I was happy to find out that you and Benji were just friends and how you where in love with Joel. Then he said that he was Joel and I am so sorry.”

Jessie must have known that I was in a state of shock, because she wrapped her arms around me. “Riley, it’s ok, I mean it was a mistake and Joel was going to find out sooner or later.”

“I completely understand if you are majorly pissed but you have to understand that it was an honest mistake.”

“No, it’s ok, Jessie is right. It was only a matter of time before he found out. I have to take the next step by talking to him. I’ll just give him some time to take it in.” The van stopped and the door opened. Jessie climbed out and walked over to where the boys were standing. I was frozen and Ashley climbed out the other side. Benji appeared at the door.

“Hey, sweetie, you look like you’ve seen a ghost. You ok?”

“Did Joel say anything to you in the van?”

“No, why?”

“He knows how I feel.”

“What? How?” Just as he said that Chris appeared at Benji’s side.

“You guys coming?” he asked, “They said that they are almost ready for us.”

“Yeah,” I said moving towards the door. Benji grabbed my hand and wrapped his arm around me.

“We’ll talk more later.” He said kissing my forehead. We walked by Joel and I tried not to meet his eyes. I didn’t know how he felt. “I got to go, ok.” Benji walked over with the other guys and walked into their change room. I walked over to were Jessie was sitting and Ashley came over with some Pepsi. We just waited until the ‘q & a’ session was over.
Sign up to rate and review this story