Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Untitled (for now)

Chapter 3: The Contest

by shortie86madden 1 review

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-10 - Updated: 2008-10-10 - 1488 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3

They finished and some runner came and told me they needed me on stage.

“Good luck,” Jessie and Ashley said as I walked towards the stage. I walked up to the podium in front of the guys and looked at everyone. I took a second to take it in before starting.

“My name is Riley Carter. I am a representative for Fan/Media relations on the part of Good Charlotte. Today when all of the fans entered the venue, they along with the members of the press, were unaware of a contest that they were all being entered in. If you recall, when you entered, you wrote your name on a piece of paper along with some other information. I am here to tell you what that was for. Along with the help of Much Music Canada, Good Charlotte is please to announce that all members of Good Charlotte will each be choosing a name and the five names that are chosen will be put into a hat and I will choose one of those names. The person’s name that I pick out will be going on a trip. But not just any trip, the trip of a life time. As all of you should know, Good Charlotte just wrapped up the European leg of their tour, and are about to start the North American leg of the tour, tomorrow night, right here in Toronto. The fan that wins this trip will, spend the rest of the North American leg of the tour on tour with Good Charlotte. All expense paid, they will be getting spending money and everything they can imagine. So with out waiting any longer. If your name is called can you please come up to the stage with some id with your name on it. Any time between the time it is called and the time the guys are finished there performance. Joel can you come up and pick a name?” Joel came up and picked a name out of the bowl and handed it to me. “Joel’s pick is Missy Green. Benji, pick a name.” Benji handed me the paper. “Benji’s pick is Joanne McDonald. Paul?” Paul gave me the paper. “Paul’s pick is Michelle Brown. Billy?” Billy came up and gave me his pick. “Billy’s pick is Adam Hunter. And last but not least Chris.” Chris came up and handed me his paper. “The final contestant is Lizzy Wright. So will Missy Green, Joanne McDonald, Michelle Brown, Adam Hunter and Lizzy Wright please come up to the front of the stage. Now here is Good Charlotte.” I walked off stage shaking. Jessie and Ashley came up to me.

“You were awesome,” Jessie said hugging me. Ashley nodded in agreement and handed me my drink. Just then some one came up to me and told me that all of the contestants were waiting in the green room. Jessie and Ashley came to the green room with me. We walked in to find five fans sitting on the couches.

“Hello,” I said, smiling and looking around, “I am Riley Carter, this is Billy’s girlfriend, Jessie Smith, who works with me in fan/media relations and Ashley McCartney, our fashion coordinator. Now the guys are going to be done in a few moments so this is what is going to happen. You five will accompany me onto stage and go stand beside the guy that picked your name. You will all have a microphone. When I tell you, you will say your name, age and where you’re from. Then I will pick the winner.” I pointed at the first girl, who was wearing black bell bottoms and a black belly top with tinkerbell on it, “What’s your name, age and where are you from?”

“Michelle Brown, I am 21 and I am from Edmonton, Alberta.” I looked over to the girl sitting beside her wearing an all white outfit with baby blue stripes going down the sides.

“What about you?” I asked her.

“Joanne McDonald, 19, Toronto.” She replied. I moved over to the other couch where the guy wearing a pair of blue Fox Racing sweats, and a matching hoodie, was sitting.

“I am guessing your Adam Hunter, so where are you from and how old are you?”

“22, St. John, Newfoundland.” I looked next to him to the girl wearing a short black skirt and black halter top.

“I am Missy Green, I am 19 from Winnipeg, Manitoba.” I then looked over to the last girl wearing a short black skirt and black tank top with GC written on it, a black MADE hat and Good Charlotte wristbands.

“I’m Lizzy Wright, I am from Ottawa and I am 19.” Just as she finished someone knocked on the door. Ashley answered it.

“They are finishing their last song.” A runner said.

“Ok, thank you.” I said turning back to the contestants, “Lets go.” Ashley and Jessie lead the way. We got to the stage entrance and Jessie gave each of the contestants a microphone. I walked out first, and took my place back at the podium.

“How did everyone like that?” I took a second for the audience to calm down some. “Here are the final five contestants; Missy Green, Joanne McDonald, Michelle Brown, Adam Hunter and Lizzy Wright. Now first of all congratulations to all five of you. Can you tell everyone where you are from and how old you are? We will start with Missy.”

“I am from Winnipeg, Manitoba, and I am 19.”

“Thank you, Joanne?”

“I am 19 and I am from right here in Toronto.”

“Great, Michelle?”

“Hello, I am Michelle Brown, I am 21 from Edmonton, Alberta.”

“Perfect, Adam?”

“22, St. Johns, Newfoundland.”

“Thank you, and finally, Lizzy?”

“I am from Ottawa, and I am 19.”

“Thank you to all of the contestants and good luck. Now Jessie can you bring me the hat of names?” Jessie came walking out from the stage door behind me and held out the hat. I picked a name and turned back to the audience. “Before I announce the winner I just want to tell the other contestants that they will not be going home empty handed. Each of the contestants are going to be receiving a duffle bag full of surprises. Now with out further a duo. The winning contestant is……..Lizzy Wright. Congratulations. Thank you for all coming out today and on behalf of Good Charlotte everyone is going to receive a $25 gift certificate from the Eaton’s Center.” The curtains closed and Benji came up to me.

“Hey you were awesome.” He said hugging me.

“Thanks, I have to go get everything settled with the contestants and you have to get changed.” I said walking back towards the green room. As I reached the door I turned around and seen Joel coming through the stage door. He looked at me then walked towards the change room. I walked into the greenroom. The four other contestants all had received their duffle bags, Lizzy was getting everything set up and being flown back to Ottawa to get everything she needed for the tour. “I see everyone got their bags, Jess?” I asked walking over to Jessie.

“Yeah, they were just getting ready to go.” She said as every one got up and began to leave, Jessie looked at me as the room became empty, “Have you talked to Joel?”

“No, I am going to let it settle first. Mainly because I have no idea what I am going to say to him. I mean this is not the way I wanted it to happen. Then again I didn’t want it to ever happen.” I said as we walked towards the exit of the building. Ashley was standing with Paul, Billy, Benji and Chris by one of the vans, I seen Joel climb into the other one. Jessie and I walked over to where everyone else was standing.

“Hey, we were thinking, Ashley, Jessie, Billy, Paul, Chris and I will go in this van and you go in the other one with Joel, so you can talk.” Benji said as we approached. I just stared at him.

“I think we should stick with the guys in one and the girls in the other,” Jessie said, before I could reply. I looked at her and she gave me a sympathetic smile.

“Yeah, I think I should give Joel some time to think about what happened,” I said as I began to climb into the van. Jessie and Ashley climbed in and shut the door. The guys walked away from the van and the driver began to drive. Jessie sat up and said something to the driver. And moved back.

“You know what is always good for a hard day,” she asked. Ashley and I looked at each other then back to her, “Shopping.” We started to laugh. And agreed to go shopping.
Sign up to rate and review this story