Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Summer Romance

My Summer Romance Part 7

by McrRcks5 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-09-30 - Updated: 2008-09-30 - 959 words

0Unrated
I ran around the other side of the bar and explianed to Cody that I was leaving due to an emergency. Gerard who had caught his breath, ran after me and Becca who had rushed out of the doors. “You don’t even know where she is.” Gerard called out. Realising how right he was we stopped. Becca was still edging to break off into another sprint though. We stood waiting for an answer. “She’s at the nearest hospital. Mikey rang to say that there was a minor accident and he had to take her there.” Becca hadn’t listened to the rest of Gerard’s reason. As soon as she had heard the word hospital she’d fled again. I ran after her and so did Gerard. I didn’t know how Gerard had so much energy with all the running he was doing. I soon found out that he wasn’t. As I stopped to catch my own breath, Gerard came to a slow jog and a final stop. He was breathing quickly and coughing. “How come she can run so far without running out of breath?” he asked me. Between breaths I replied, “Mostly through adrenaline. Her sister had been taken to hosiptal you’d be the same if it were Mikey.” Gerard nodded in agreement and pulled a cigarette from his jacket pocket. He lit it up and offered me one. I took it and he lit mine. “She must be healthy though.” Gerard said exhaling. “How come we can’t run like that? It baffles me.” He looked down at the cigarette and realisation hit him. He dropped his cigarette to the floor and grinded it under his boot. We walked the rest of the way. Gerard made a phonecall and Frank picked us up.

We caught up with Becca with the use of an engine and four wheels as she herself and now turned to the a slower movement of her feet. It was pretty silent on the way to the hospital but luckily a lot of room due to the big van they had. Becca was in the front with Frank, Gerard and myself were sharing three seats behind them and then behind us Ray and Bob were playing Slaps. We pulled up and rushed in. As soon as the automatic doors opened up the smell of disinfectant and the glaring pristine walls hit us. Mikey was in the reception area waiting for us. “What happened? What was it? Why are you wet?” Becca asked him desperately. Mikey who was in wet clothes like most of us had been during the day, held her shoulders to stop her moving and to calm her. “We went looking for Nic and Gee. We took a shortcut through the complex. As we went past the pool, the floor was wet where they had cleaned the sides for the opening time. As she was rushing, she slippped and fell in the pool. When she fell though her ankle gave way and then she hit her leg on the poolside when she hit the water. I dived in to get her coz she couldn’t kick with both legs to get back to the surface.” Becca wrapped her arms around Mikey. Mikey patted her back clearly thrown by the sudden affection. “Thankyou.” Becca said witha muffled voice. She let go of Mikey and he led us to Jo’s room. On the way Becca admitted she was slightly angry that it wasn’t anyhting major like Jo was dying but she was so thankful to Mikey because if he hadn’t realised that Jo couldn’t swim back up, she probably could have died.

She was laying on the bed where a doctor was placing something strange and gooey on her leg. “Hey now we can put you in some art gallery the way their doing that paper mache on your leg.” Mikey joked. Jo gave a small smile and winced as the doctor pushed a little too hard. It was then obvious that this doctor had no sense of humour as well. “I’m setting a caste. She’s broken her leg and ankle.” It was to inform the rest of us but he must have taken his job very seriously. “I’m so sorry about work.” Jo apologised. She’d just broken her bones and maybe nearly drowned and she was apologising for not turning up for work? “It’s nothing. I left Cody to look after the bar coz he filled in for you.”

“Oh I met him the other day. He seems friendly.”

“Slightly nosey and annoying as well.” I added. Mikey was perched on the edge of the bed with Becca. It took a while but eventually the doctor finished. I went on a coffee run and heard Gerard’s voice ask, “So you wanna talk about what happened?” I nodded slowly as the memory of talking about our mistaken night together came into my mind again. “Well when you were all wet it was because you went in the shower to wash chlorine out of your hair but you stayed clothed, when I said that it was a crazy night I meant it was fun and freaky meant the same thing really. Just my American slang.” I passed him some machine-made coffees. “If it was that simple then why couldn’t you have said that in the first place.”


“I like to be a man of mystery. Tonight was nothing mysterious though that was purely Mikey-related. I will however be there tomorrow night. I have to make it up to you. Plus Jo is temporarily crippled so you may need the company. So I will definately be there. I promise.”
Sign up to rate and review this story