Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Summer Romance

My Summer Romance Part 8

by McrRcks5 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-09-30 - Updated: 2008-09-30 - 1007 words

1Insightful
The following evening there was three people behind the bar. I was serving drinks with Cody and Jo was sitting on a bar stool working the cash register. Work seemed to be going quicker tonight because of the extra worker. I gave Gerard a chance tonight. He could arrive at any time in the evening because he hadn’t given me an exact time that he’d be there. I desperately looked around still though just in case I missed him. I did really quite like Gerard and if he was arranging times to meet then maybe he was interested as well. Cody noticed me noticing again and had to again pass a comment. “Is lover boy showing up tonight?” he asked. Jo started laughing a little and explained that Gerard was not my ‘lover boy’ but that we just got on. “You just always seem anxious if he’s not here.” Cody let me know his observation.

“Well maybe something is growing between us. What is it to you?”

“I just don’t like seeing people get hurt. How well do you know the guy? I mean he’s hardly going to be staying here forever is he coz he’ll be going home.”

“I’m getting to know him Cody.” I didn’t respond to the part about Gerard going home. It hadn’t even crossed my mind. Cody got called away by a customer and I turned to Jo. “Shocked huh?” Jo asked. I nodded. “I don’t think it has crossed Becca’s mind either,” Jo continued, “When she realises it is gonna crush her.”

“Well when you’re smitten you do view the world with rose-tinted glasses.” Cody butted in as he returned to where we were standing. “I don;t mean to be rude but maybe you are as well Nicola. I don’t think dark and handsome is going to turn up tonight. It’s getting later and later and soon the crappier entertainment will be on so they’ll only be a select few.”

“It’s disco night. That’s not crappy at all!” Jo exclaimed sarcastically. Cody agreed it wasn’t but also pointed out that it wasn’t to everyone’s taste, including his own. Becca came out of the souviegner shop and sat on a bar stool opposite us. “Ready to groove?” We just stared at her blankly and gave her a drink. Looking at the clock my mind was settling on the idea that Gerard was not going to turn up. I stood there sulking. The man that I had met in the store the other day came up tot he bar and asked, “Do you want me to buy you that drink?” I shook my head and started to lock up.

Cody, Jo, Becca and myself all walked out together and found Gerard walking up the path. He greeted me but i just blanked him. “What did I do?” he asked. This was unbelievable! “You mean what didn’t you do?” He rolled his eyes and said, “Well I’m here now aren’t I?”

“I was waiting though. You promised you’d be there and you weren’t.”

“I was just on my way so techinically I didn’t break my promise.” The others just walked away in case the scene got ugly. I wanted to follow them but not until I had got my point across. He was looking at me with those golden eyes though and slowly I was forgetting my point. “It’s not good saying you’ll entertain me at work when you don’t turn up unless it’s to give bad news or when I’ve finished.” He just stood facing me. He scuffed his shoe against the pavement and held his head down. He had a very carefree attitude. Even though I was trying to be mean, he was taking it all in as if it was nothing. Finally he replied. “How can I have a conversation with you when every two minutes you’re being called away to serve someone.” He did make a good point but still he had promised and broken that promise. “Can’t we just chat now?” he asked. I started to follow my friends. Scratch that my friends and Cody. “Why do you always walk away from me?” He grabbed my wrist.

I turned around and looked at him. “You make a thing about me not turning up at a time when you want me to but then you walk away from me anyway. What do you really want?” I stood thinking for a little while. Perhaps, maybe… you. Instead I mumbled, “I’m not sure what I want. I want lots of things but most of them don’t turn up on time.” Ha-ha! Slightly cryptic but there was just enough hint in there for him to understand. “Well since you put it like that.” Oh damn he wasn’t meant to understand! Did he understand? Why did I hint if I didn’t want him to understand? “Let’s go back to mine and we’ll chat and watch a film. The guys have gone out. Ray, Bob and Mikey are out together and Becca is going to have a Frank on the doorstep. I’m not saying we should make the most of it I’m just saying we won’t have people annoying us.” I agreed and we watched Nightmare on Elm Street which was my absolute favourite! I only got to watch about five minutes though because whilst using Gerard’s shoulder as my pillow his lips found their way to mine again and I was in heaven once more.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i hope u like the story so far message me nd tell me wat u think
oh nd also rate plz

if u do like story so far u will like my friends otha storys too
http://www.quizilla.com/user/gerardwayromance/stuff/
just click on the link :)
next chapter shud be posted soon
Sign up to rate and review this story