Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Long Trip to the Forbidden Forest

Chapter 9

by FireChildSlytherin5 0 reviews

The Marauders needs a guide though the Forbidden Forest for a month trip. No one knows the way. What would happen if they find out the only one who does is a Slytherin…but not only a Slytherin, b...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Characters: James,Lupin,Peter,Sirius,Snape - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2008-10-01 - Updated: 2008-10-01 - 1910 words

0Unrated
Beta-ed Chapter! Thanks wingnutdawn! The chapter is so well edited. :)

The Long Trip to the Forbidden Forest

-

Summary:
The Marauders needs a guide though the Forbidden Forest for a month trip. No one knows the way. What would happen if they find out the only one who does is a Slytherin…but not only a Slytherin, but Snape? What secrets will be relieved?

-

Chapter 9

-


“Dorea, honey we will find him, don’t worry.” Charlus Potter told his anxious wife, as he walked up to her and embraced her in his arms.

Dorea Black-Potter looked up at her husband, her blue eyes met with his brown as tears flowed from her eyes.

“I—I can’t believe that our only son, James—my little boy—!” she gasped. She couldn’t say the words. She couldn’t say that her son might be dead or worse; lost forever. It was a terrible horrible feeling not knowing whatever happened to her son.

“I know, I know.” Charlus told her, rubbing her back as his wife clutched him as she cried on his shoulder. “We will find him, I promise. I got hold of his friend’s parents. They too are missing.”

“What!” Dorea said shocked. “Did they run away together?”

“Yes, Orion fire called me just moment ago seeing if Sirius was here or not. He told me that his eldest son never came home from the train. So I had a thought, would Remus and Peter have gone with him to wherever they are? So I connected Lucifer and Samson and sure enough their sons too are missing.”

A small ray of hope burned within Dorea's bosom. As she raised her head and looked at her husband “Do you think they are all together, safe?”

Charlus didn’t reply at first, not wanting to give his wife false hope. “We’re going to look for them; while you stay here and wait for James to come home.”

“You expect me to stay here while you go out with those—men?” she never did like Orion or Samson. Lucifer however was a decent enough guy once you got to know him. “Me staying here not knowing if you or our only child is dead?”

“Dorea, you have to stay here. Not only because I want you to stay safe, but what if he comes back here to find the house empty?”

Dorea thought about it, it made sense to her. “Fine, I will stay. But be careful, Charlus, please. Find our son and come home with him.”

Charlus nodded.

She watched her husband as he grabbed his cloak, his hat and his wand. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving the house without saying another word.

Dorea didn’t know how long she stood in the kitchen, hugging herself with jumbled thoughts that swirled about in her frightened mind.

'We wanted children so much,'

'It took us years to have James.'

'James is their only child, their only son.'

'If he is dead, what then?'


“Please, keep my son safe.” She prayed as she finally collapsed onto a kitchen chair with her hands over her face that was becoming shiny with the tears that fell faster as her fears for the boys took hold of her.

-
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0
-


The five wizards made camp a few miles from where they had their last terrifying adventure. No one spoke, as the fire that Severus started began to glow stronger and the heat could be felt by the young wizards who gathered around it.

“Do you think our parents are worried about us?” Pettigrew asked his friends.

Potter didn’t answer. “Shit.” He said after a moment later. Severus rolled his eyes. He knew Potter forgotten to tell his parents about his planned absence. But it was too late now.

Black muttered something under his breath that sounded as if he said, ‘Like they care.’

“My dad knows where I am, so he’s not worried.” Lupin said with a wolfish grin.

“You what! You didn't tell him—” Black yelped, surprised how stupid his friend was.

“Hold your tongue, Sirius. I didn’t tell him that we’re traveling in the Forbidden Forest. I just told him that I had a month long school trip to go on during the summer break.”

“School trip? Your dad believed you?” Potter asked surprised. He wondered how thick could a person get?

“Yes he did. I didn’t lie to him. At least not much. Just think of all the things we will learn in this trip, James. The things we will learn would never be taught to us in school.” Lupin said smiling.

Severus rolled his eyes once again.

Lupin turned to him. “What did you tell your parents?” he asked him. He was curious of what the Slytherin said to them about this trip with them.

Potter snickered. “They probably don't notice or care that he isn't there.”

Severus gave an angry look mingled with disgust.

“James.” Lupin growled in warning. Potter rolled his eyes as he took the hint and didn't say anything more about the subject.

“I told my mother that I’m taking a summer job.” Answered Severus moment later, knowing Lupin would keep asking him until he told him.

“Why didn’t I think of that?” Potter muttered, hearing the conversation.

Black laughed. “Because Jamie, you have never worked a day in your life.”

Everyone laughed and Severus joined in on the laughter as it was true. James smirked as he playfully gave Black a friendly cuff across the back of his head.

After a short while, everyone was again silent. It was the first time during the trip that any of them had a ‘nice’ friendly conversion without any arguing or fighting.

“I’m going to bed.” Sirius said, flopping himself inside his blankets. Everyone shortly after followed his lead and settled down for the night.

At last, Severus was alone with his thoughts while everyone else was sound asleep. Aodh then walked into camp with a rabbit dangling from his mouth. He set it down in front of Severus who smiled, “Thanks boy, but I think you should have it. If you want you can hunt for us in morning okay?”

Aodh growled in agreement, picked the dead rabbit back up into his mouth and let his Master’s pup go settle himself down for a good night's sleep.

-
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0
-


Aknaksha Snape, second wife of Tobias Snape prowled angrily down the eerie halls of Snape Manor. She was furious with her step-son, Severus. The third eldest of all the Snape children lied to her! How dare that boy! She had just finished her psychic reading, to see what Severus was hiding from her and she was pissed.

How dare that boy lie to her telling her that he wasn’t doing anything illegal let alone doing something that would kill him! When she got a hold of that boy of hers she swore that she would kill him.

Aknaksha slammed the wooden door as she entered the room. The loud bang made everyone in the room jump at the unexpectedly loud noise. No one dared to speak when they saw their mother angry looks— fearing that if they did they would receive a good thrashing.

The youngest members of the thirteen Snape siblings watched Aknaksha stride pass them without looking at them as if oblivious to the fact that she had an audience.

“Mother?” the fourth eldest child; Svana said timidly “Are you alright?”

Aknaksha then noticed that ten of her children were in the room. She growled to herself. How could she be so stupid to not notice there were other people in the room?

“I’m fine, Svana.” Aknaksha told her. She looked around at the ten children who sat around in a circle in front of Svana the eldest daughter, noting that two of them were missing. “Where are your older brothers?” she asked them, preferring to Mykhael and Gabriel the identical twins who are two years older than Severus.

“We don’t know where they are Mama!” Zechariah, her eight-years-old son said jumping up from where he sat and grabbing her red dress around her legs, he looked up at her. “When Sev left for his summer job, they disappeared like—bugs!”

Aknaksha's temper boiled and a steely glint came into her eyes. First Severus and now the twins! When she got hold of them, Oh— they will get what they deserved for their sneakiness. Her tension could be felt by the children who knew that it would be better if they did not speak while she was in such a state. So they waited silently as they did not want to have her turn her anger upon them.

“Svana I want you to stay here and watch your siblings. I am going to look for your brothers.” She told her, trying not to show her anger. Svana nodded knowing that her mother was angry; her dark eyes followed their mother as Aknaksha kissed each of them before she again slammed the door on her way out.

“So do you think it’s that time of the month?” Noah asked. Svana slapped him across the back of his head. “Hey!”

She and everyone else glared at him obviously meaning for him to close his mouth and not say another word unless he wanted trouble. This was not the time to crack jokes.

(End of Chapter)

Words:
1,915

Author’s Notes: It is said that Charlus Potter and Dorea Black-Potter are the parents of James Potter the father of Harry Potter. Rowling however has not yet confirmed of this fact but hinted it to be true. Looking in the Black Family Tree and the Potter Family Tree logically this fact is to be true.

Orion Black is Sirius Black’s father.

Lucifer Lupin is just a name that I named Remus’s father.

Samson Pettigrew is just a name that I used for Peter’s father.

Here below are the names of the thirteen Snape children. (Do you remember in the previous chapter in Severus’ thoughts that they breed like rabbits?) Severus is the third eldest down to Anuja the five years old sister.

Mykhael Andrew Snape— 19 years old son of Tobias and Eileen Prince-Snape. (Note: Mykhael is a spelling form of Michael.) Older twin of Gabriel.

Gabriel Adam Snape— 19 years old son of Tobias and Eileen Snape. Younger twin of Mykhael.

Severus Tobias Snape – 17 years old son of Tobias and Eileen Snape.

Svana Eileen Snape— 16 years old daughter of Tobias and Eileen Snape.

Phoenix Aknaksha Snape— 14 years old daughter of Tobias and Aknaksha Draca-Snape.

Noah Dominic Snape— 13 years old son of Tobias and Aknaksha Snape.

Felina Kanya Snape— 12 years old daughter of Tobias and Aknaksha Snape. Eldest fraternal twin of Canine.

Canine Connor Snape— 12 years old son of Tobias and Aknaksha Snape. Younger fraternal twin of Felina.

Benjamin Nathan Snape— 10 years old son of Tobias and Aknaksha Snape.

Freya Siofra Snape— 09 years old daughter of Tobias and Aknaksha Snape

Zechariah Wyatt Snape— 08 years old son of Tobias and Aknaksha Snape.

Mordred Chance Snape— 07 years old son of Tobias and Aknaksha Snape.

Anuja Kaylyn Snape— 06 years old daughter of Tobias and Aknaksha Snape (she recently turned 6 years old).

-

Read and Review!

—FireChildSlytherin5
Sign up to rate and review this story