Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Learning to Trust

Chapter 004: Tonsil Hockey Finals

by pengz 2 reviews

Chapter 004

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2006-03-08 - Updated: 2006-03-08 - 1301 words

0Unrated
"...speech..."

'...thoughts...'

Chapter 004: Tonsil Hockey Finals

"We are MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!",Gerard howled over the sea of fans who roared at the end of the set.

Mina and Frank were on their first week together and Bert, being so busy with the tour, had not been notified. Needless to say, the relationship was still in hush-hush mode. Neither of them minded much however, the sneaking around was quite exciting to say the very least.

Frank caught Mina's eye back stage and looked pointedly in another direction. She followed his gaze to the tour bus area and gave him a shy smile as he winked and set off ahead of her. Quinn, who watched the whole display, smirked knowingly at Mina as she pleaded with those doe-like blue eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, go play tonsil hockey with your little boyfriend, I'll cover you." he said fake grudgingly.

She whispered a faint "Thank you!" before turning her heel and heading for the buses.

*

Mina crept between the buses until someone grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her into her own tour bus. Before she knew it, Frank's ringed lips crashed down upon he chap-sticked ones, his arms snaked about her waist as she gently placed her hands on either side of his face. They pulled apart for a moment as he rested his forehead upon hers.
"Hi, how are you today?."she kissed him briefly and giggled as Frank pinched her cheek lightly.

"I'm great and you?" he replied, stroking her bright blonde hair.

"Perfect." was all she could say and they commenced with their hockey match.

When things were just starting to get hot and heavy and Frank's hands were far south from Mina's waist, the bus door burst open.

"--twenty bucks says I can get a fork in the toaster without getting fried." Mikey trilled at his older brother as they came to through the door.

"Twenty bucks says I'll smack you with your inhaler if you do--" but Gerard stopped at the sight before him.

"This isn't what it looks like!" Frank said quickly as he and Mina pulled apart from one another.
"Nope, I think its exactly what it looks like." Gerard said deathly calm and cackled, "We're just in time for the two o'clock foursome!" He giggled pretending to take off his pants.

"Ha ha guys." Frank said dryly as he and Mina tried to straighten out their clothes and hair.

"So it's you two now huh? I better tell Bert!" Mikey said, suddenly chipper.

"DON'T!" the young couple cried in unison.

"Don't what?" Gerard asked, amused.

"Please don't tell anyone yet!" Mina pleaded,"I'm actually going to tell him tonight."

"Alright kids, we won't tell." Gerard said fatherishly and patted her shoulder, "But you guys might wanna get going, Bert's on his way."

Mina gave each Way a grateful hug before she and Frank hightailed it to the My Chem bus. They wrenched open the door already in lip-lock only to be greeted with giggling from the bunk area. They went to investigate the sounds and were met with a scarring sight. There in all his naked glory, was Ray and a pair of asian twins who both had a striking resemblance to Fuk Mi and Fuk Yu.

"Kinky much?" Mina asked before she and Frank printed out and away from an irate Ray, guffawing. Once they created enough space between themselves and Ray's threesome, Frank spoke up.

"That just totally ruined that mood."

Mina glanced down at her boyfriend's pants and giggled, "Princess Sofia doesn't seem to think so."

"Talk about shooting a man's horse, Mina."

*

A month flew by and still Mina had not been able to tell Bert. It was not because of lacking to on her part, but Bert's schedule was so packed with interviews, shows, concerts and other things that they barely saw each other. Then there was the case in which he would get so drunk that he had to be carried back into the bus by Gerard at all hours of the night. But now, Mina could not stand it any longer.

"Bert this is the umpteenth time you've done this to me!" she began, her tone making him wince, he was having a very early morning hangover once again, "And every time, you've gotten drunk was a time that we were supposed to talk!"

He scratched his dirty dark mop slightly ashamed at the truth. "Okay, fine, fine. I'm sorry. I'm sober-ish now, so what is it you wanted to tell me?"

Mina fiddled with the hem of her shirt as she became nervous, "Do you promise you won't be upset?" she asked, trying to maintain a calm demeanor.

Bert tensed at her words and became gruff, "No, I can't promise you that, spill."

She sighed and gave it a go, "Frank and I have been seeing each other."

"Well due, you two are practically attached at the hip!" Bert said, waving off the comment.

"No I-I mean, as in boyfriend and girlfriend."

For a moment the bus was still, save for the swaying of the driving motion, then without warning it happened.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE SEEING IERO?" Bert roared, advancing on her and grabbing her by the arm. "Are you even thinking about what he could do to you?! HUH?!"

The rest of the band came running in to see Bert yelling and shaking a hapless Mina vigorously. Jepha, being the bigger out of them came to her rescue, pulling her out of Bert's grasp.

"Shit, man, cool it!" Quinn said as he and Branden blocked him from Mina.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Bert continued, ignoring Quinn's protest. "You are ending all of this bullshit with him NOW!"

"No I will NOT!" Mina said, finding her voice, "For the first time since January, I'm actually living and its because of Frank. Why can't you be happy for me?"

"You are still a fucking child, and he's seven years older than you!"

"I'm eighteen now, thank you very much. And as for you, you get drunk like a kid at his first keg party all the time!"

"That's beside the point! He is literally going to fuck you and leave once he's had enough of you, that's the kind of son-of-a-bitch he is!"

At this point their shouting match had gotten so out of control that Branden had had enough.

"That's it! You can reprimand Mina, Bert, but don't rip into Frank when he's not here to defend himself!" he bellowed, making the bus quiet at once.

Branden turned to try and comfort Mina, but she had already wriggled out of Jepha's arms and stormed to her top bunk. Shutting the curtain that blocked her from view, Mina heard the boys talking

"Did you know about this?" Bert asked, breathing hard.

"Yeah, they've been going out for month now." came Quinn's response.

Mina heard glass shattering and muttered curses but it sounded distant to her. She was still frozen by how angry Bert was, she'd expected him to act like that, but not so... violent. That coupled with what he had said made her second guess her trust in Frank. Did he know something about Frank that she didn't? Had Frank done this to someone they knew before? Was she trusting blindly once more? She couldn't help but think that maybe Bert acted like that because he knew where her relationship with Frank would go and was only protecting her from it. She tried her hardest to rid herself of these thoughts as she pulled close her Jack Skellington plushy, a gift from Frank along with some Jack jammies he'd gotten her on her secret pre-birthday date with him. Bert's words still ringing in her ears, she fell into a fitful sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story