Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

I'll Be Alright Without You

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Bob amd Madison talk

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-10-05 - Updated: 2008-10-05 - 1310 words - Complete

0Unrated
Madison’s POV

Oh my God, I can’t believe I just said that!!

“John I’m so sorry. It’s just Bob was the last one to make love to me like that. Putting my needs first, not just taking me whether I wanted it or not.”

“It’s my fault Madison you obviously weren’t ready for this. I should have known by the way you downed that glass of champagne.” He touched my cheek and I looked into his deep blue eyes then leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips.

Then I got up and gathered my things.

“Are we over?” he asked.

“I just called out another man’s name. You must hate me.”

“Can’t say it was a high point of my sex life, but I understand. I knew going into this how you felt about Bob. I’m not going to high tail because you had a moment of relapse, unless you want me to.”

“No, I’m really sorry about that.”

He pulled me in his arms and held me, then kissed me on the top of the head. “I’m asking you one last time. Do you want to go back to Bob?”

“He’s made it clear how he feels.”

“And if he changed his mind?”

“What could happen in five days that would make him fall for me. Besides I don’t want to ride that emotional roller coaster again. I’m ready for a dependable ride like a ferris wheel. There still the element of excitement without all the twist and turns.”

It was true I needed the stability of John and it’s not that I don’t like him a lot I really do. I’m attracted immensely to him, and I know if we gave it a chance and take things a little slower he could make me forget all about Bob. I just need to give it a chance.

We got dressed for bed and just lay there talking and holding each other. Both of knowing I wasn’t ready for the next step.

We woke up the next morning and packed, it was time to head back to England and then home. We still had Chris to deal with. Andrew phoned his wife as we were leaving with an estimated time that we would be back and would call when we were leaving Edinburgh airport.

Bob’s POV

Mrs. Mitchell received the phone call over two and a half hours ago that they were leaving Edinburgh Airport. I’m such a wreck, how do I tell someone that the past few weeks was a lie, that the kiss we shared meant the world to me. Will she think that she can never trust me again. That’s the chance I’ll have to take.

I hear a car pull up and look out my bedroom window. I watch as John opens the passenger side door for her, God she looks beautiful. I watch as he pulls her in for a hug, which turns into a kiss. My heart sank as I watched the two smiling at each other after they finally separated. How could I take away her happiness she finally found with out me. How does that saying go ‘If you love something set it free if it comes back it’s yours to keep if not it was never meant to be.’ Maybe we just were never meant to be. As much as it hurts I’m gonna go down and face the truth. She doesn’t love me any more, and I can’t say that I blame her.

Narrator’s POV

Mrs. Mitchell greeted everyone at the door. Andrew gave her a peck on the cheek and then went to Laurhen and gave her a big hug. Mrs. Mitchell gave John and Madison each a kiss on the cheek as was delighted with the news that they were together.

Bob stopped at the top of the stairs took a deep breath and proceeded down. He made his way down to the receiving area where he was greeted by John.

“Hi Bob, I’d like you to meet my father Andrew Mitchell.” Bob took the elder Mitchell’s hand and shook it.

“I’m sorry for your predicament, I wish there was more I could do to help you.”

“Thank you I appreciate that.” Bob turned to John, “Do you think I can borrow Maddie for a few minutes.”

“That’s up to her,” replied John.

Bob turned to Madison, “Maddie can we talk alone just for a few minutes.”

“Yeah.”

Bob escorted her to the library and closed the door behind them.

“First, I want to say thank you for the video conference, I really needed that.”

“Your welcome I hoped it helped.”

“You wouldn’t believe. It made me realize a few things.”

“Like what?”

“That Bobby’s not my son.”

“You know? I wanted to tell you so badly.”

“I know, Frank told me.”

“And you don’t hate me, and not mad at me.”

“How could I be? All that you’ve done for me.”

“I haven’t done anything really, I haven’t found out who killed Mark.”

“You may never find that out.”

“Don’t say that, we’ll find out who.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course,” Madison was hoping he might asked her if he still loved her or if he could kiss her because his demeanor changed drastically since they left for Japan. Maybe he realized that they could finally be together.

“And you’ll answer honestly?”

“Of course.”

“Do you like John?”

“Yeah.”

“A lot?”

“Yeah., I guess.”

“Do you love him?”

“No.”

“Could you?”

“I don’t know, maybe.”

“Does he make you happy?”

“Yeah, but…”

Bob put his forefinger and middle finger over her lips.

“Shhhh. That’s all I needed to hear.”

Then he leaned in and replaced his fingers with his lips, the kiss deepened as his tongue begged for entrance and she obliged. And all too soon for both of them it was over.

“That was our last kiss, I want you to see where things go with John.”

“But what about you?”

“I’ll be alright without you.”

“So this is it, the end?”

“Yeah. Your boyfriend is waiting for you.”

Madison wiped her tears and made her way out the door, she refused to have him see her breakdown.

Bob took out his IPod, put on the earphones and listened to a song Ray put on for him. It was by Journey.

Ive been thinking bout the times
You walked out on me
There were moments I’d believe, you were there
Do I miss you, or am I lying to my self again
I do these things...
(its all because of you)
I keep holding on, but Ill try
(try not to think of you)
Love dont leave me lonely

I’ll be alright without you
There’ll be someone else...i keep tellin myself
I’ll be alright without you
Oh...loves an empty face, I cant replace
(you dont need it)

People wonderin why we broke apart
The great pretender here I go again
These things I do
(its all because of you)
Ill keep holdin but Ill try
(try not to think of you)
All I wanted was to hold you

I’ll be alright without you
There’ll be someone else, I keep tellin myself
I’ll be alright without you
Loves an empty face...oh Ive got to replace

I’ll be alright without you
There’ll be someone else, I keep tellin myself
I’ll be alright without you
Oh...loves an empty place, I can still see your face
I’ll be alright


After the song was over Bob whispered, “I hope.”
Sign up to rate and review this story