Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

Murder for Love

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Rachel gets a surprise invitation.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-09 - Updated: 2008-10-09 - 842 words - Complete

1Exciting
A/N: Sorry for those who have reviewed I haven't gotten a chance to respond so please bear with me and hope to respond today!!!
Chicago, IL.

Barry’s POV

Rach and I decided that we were both going to take off early today. She closed the law offices at one o’clock and here at three o’clock we were the only ones here. I sat there reading the paper specifically the stocks when I noticed something, Trenton Enterprises stock had rose significantly for the first time since the old man died. Then I saw why in a small article above it. It read, ‘Trenton Enterprises makes partnership deal with Mitchell Industries of England and Ishikawa Electronics of Japan. This deal will save hundreds of jobs in both companies and again puts Trenton Enterprises at the forefront of business. The board approved the partnership unanimously in a late afternoon vote.’

“It seems our friends took a side trip to the Orient.”

Rachel took her glasses off and looked at me exasperated, “Who are you talking about?”

“Gadsen and Bryar. See.” I took the newspaper over to her desk and pointed out the article to her.

“It doesn’t say who brokered the deal.”

“Mitchell and Ishikawa? C’mon Rach even a two year old can put one and one together and come up with two.”

“Are you saying a two year old can do you job now?”

“Fuck you Rachel.”

“You did last night. Twice. Give me twenty minutes and I promise we can talk over your theories on Bob and Madison.”

I couldn’t help but smile at her, God I love this woman. It’s not about the sex it’s about afterwards when we hold each other and I still have those same butterflies every time I see as when we first met. Okay not first maybe fifth. The first four were in questioning rooms each on the other side of the table. The fifth time I got invited by an A.D. that was into me and then somehow we started talking and realized that we had a lot in common. We wanted to seek out the truth. The more we talked the more I knew I was falling for her and hard.

Rachel thinks I want to nail Bryar’s ass to the wall if she only knew. I more than anything want him to be innocent. It will destroy Rach if he lied to her and I’m not going to let that happen. I hope we break the code to that computer soon because that and the money hold the key. Right now it’s sitting pretty in a Suisse Banc account but once it moves so do we.

Ever hear the expression Peeping Tom? Gadsen was one but way beyond see a girl naked through her window. It was worse far worse. I have seen Madison and Bob’s relationship grow so much and I saw the promise that he made. How he vowed to kill anyone that had hurt her like that again. The look was the look of a man determined, a man we would keep his promise no matter what. I know that man very well and I know he is very capable of murder. I know because that man is me.

It was then that I heard a knock that stirred me from my thoughts. It was a courier.

“Can you sign for that?” asked Rachel not looking up from her paperwork.

“Sure Babe.”

I signed his little electronic thing, so tempted to write something like Richard Cranium, but I feared he wouldn’t get the joke. So I just signed it William Jefferson Clinton, wondering if the kid had any idea who that was. My guess is ‘No.’

The kid looked at the signature then me, “Ha ha I’m surprised you didn’t use Richard Cranium, Dick Head. Now put your real signature there.”

Fuck I was wrong about him, I signed my real name and got the envelope. Maybe I’m wrong about Bryar too.

“Don’t tell me it’s another court order?” asked Rach.

“No it looks like an invitation.”

“By courier? Just throw it away.”

“Can I open it at least?”

“Go ahead.”

I read it, ‘Shhh it’s a party. When: Saturday June 28th, Where: Fullerton Lane, East Hampton Village, NY. Blue tie attire.’

“It’s a party in the Hamptons.”

“As in New York?”

“Know of any other Hamptons? Can we go?”

“You hate those stuffy parties. Why this one?”

“It’s the Hamptons, I might run into Christie Brinkley.”

“It would be nice to get away for a while. Okay one condition. No Bob and Madison talk. Besides it’s late Friday night in the U.K. and Saturday in Japan so court orders will have to wait.”

“Okay no Bob and Madison talk, unless they fall in my lap.”

She rolled her eyes at me, but I knew this time I would have my way. Christie here I come.
Sign up to rate and review this story