Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Chaos Reigns Supreme but Love Still Fights

Confrontations, with a side of ham

by wishing_on_a_rainbow 0 reviews

Theresa confronts Jay about Sarah and everyone learns a little something about Jacinta

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-10 - Updated: 2008-10-10 - 924 words - Complete

0Unrated
As soon as they were through the door, Theresa asked coldly, “who is Sarah? An old girlfriend? I’d appreciate it if you told me these things.”
“She’s not an old girlfriend, she was my twin sister.”
“Was? What do you mean, was?”
“She died when we were twelve. That was who the brown haired girl that I talked to in the Underworld was," he answered, refering to Theresa's jealous actions when Jay was talking to another girl when they where in the Underworld, barely a few weeks age.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to… you know, upset you.”
“That’s ok. I still talk to her whenever we go to see Hades. She died fighting a bear in the woods, while we were on survival camp and I was trapped and couldn’t help her. I vowed that I would never let anything like that happen again so that is why I’m always so over-bearing and worrying. I never want anything to happen to you guys... Anyway, what was your vision?”
Theresa answered, looking thoroughly annoyed with herself for making Jay unhappy, “there was this diamond thing that everyone was fighting over, including Cronus and Jacinta got it but gave it to Cronus and then tortured everyone. I don’t trust her and it’s not because of the vision. She just seems to enjoy putting people through pain.”
“Don’t worry. It’ll all be ok.” Jay soothed Theresa, putting his arm around her.
“Jacinta said she wanted to ‘catch up’, how do you know her?” Theresa asked quietly but poisonously.
“Well…we… we were… Ummm, we are sorta related.” Jay paused to take a deep breath before continuing, “Through Jason, though she said that she was my second cousin. She stayed with me and my family for about a month when her foster parents died. After that, she took off saying that she ‘needed time to clear her head’ then she gave me my Pendant Key as a ‘gift from my ancestors’ and left. I never saw her again. Look, don’t worry about her, she enjoys other people’s pain but she has self control. She seems a bit evil but that’s because if she doesn’t show control and power now, then no-one will listen to her. Besides, she needs to put everyone through pain so they can learn to take torture and still be able to fight.’
‘True, I guess... I’m gonna go to the dorm and get some homework done. See you later?’
Jay nodded, looking very preoccupied.
*************
At the brownstone, Jacinta had slipped off her chair, in the lounge room, laughing at Herry. He had just fallen down the stairs and hit the wall, almost breaking his arm. “I’m sorry,” she laughed, “but I find pain amusing, don’t judge me for it but I do.”
“Apology accepted, and don’t worry, I don’t judge people. Anyone else smell ham?” Herry’s nose picked up the smell of ham cooking on a spit.
“Yum! Race you there?” Jacinta asked slyly, sprinting in the direction of the kitchen.
“Hell yeah!” exclaimed Herry, running behind her. Everyone else followed, waiting for the fight that would inevitably come from Herry having to share food. Everyone except Archie. Atlanta noticed that he was staring at where Jacinta had been standing, moments before, a look of supreme admiration on his face. She walked up behind him, wacked him in the back of the head, saying, “you mind? You’re drooling all over the carpet.”
“Am not!” exclaimed Archie, closing his mouth like a trap. ‘What does Atlanta care?’ he wondered. ‘She and I only like each other as like brother and sister. What difference does it make to her? Besides, she’s happy with Herry now. They make a great couple.’
**************************
In the kitchen, Herry and Jacinta were wolfing down some ham that Athena had just cut up. "so, Jacinta... Tell us something about yourself?" Archie asked just as Jay and Theresa walked through the front door.
"Well, theres nothing really to say. I'm 16 and am not like most girls. I love cars and all forms of martial arts. I drive a motorbike and love it. Ummmm... Zeus is my grandfather, Ares is my uncle. My mother is Eris, goddess of discord and that is probably why i find pain so funny. I have a pet Mordescaar and own an extensive collection of weapons. I am loud, can be annoying and love to eat. Well, that's me really."
Everyone just stared at her, mouths open. As usual, Odie was the first to recover. "so, you're cronus's great-granddaughter?"
"yer, i was always his favourite cause i am the goddess of chaos... that reminds me," she said addressing everyone. "see these rings?" she held up her right hand and, sure enough, there was three rings on her middle finger. "If i dont wear them, chaos follows me everywhere! When i wear these, the chaos isn't as bad. you see, i haven't learnt to control it yet so... if i take these off, me and everyone around me, we're all screwed."
*******************
Up in his room, Archie was talking with Jay about Jacinta.
"She seems cool," Archie stated.
"I don't know, Terri has a bad feeling about her... We'll just have to wait for tomorrow, for school, to find out what she's like."
*************
Downstairs, Jacinta was lying down on the couch, still trying to figure out whether or not she liked these people she was staying with.
Sign up to rate and review this story