Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Chaos Reigns but Love Still Fights

Dreams, a swim and a shopping spree

by wishing_on_a_rainbow 0 reviews

Archie has a bad dream... so does Jacinta. The title sums it up actually...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-10-14 - Updated: 2008-10-17 - 1753 words - Complete

0Unrated
The next week passed without anything really happening except for Jacinta going completely spastic at Neil. He used up all the hot water and caused a really big fight. Jacinta screamed at him for an hour then refused to talk to him for three days. But, now it was Thursday, a week and a bit since Jacinta had arrived and Archie was smitten. She was smart, funny, a motorhead-just like him, helped him with physics and, best of all, she could fight. Her teaching had, in a week, been better for Archie than a year of Ares’ teaching. Not that he’d ever admit it to Ares’ face… It was midnight and he was still awake! Archie decided that since he had school in the morning, he should probably stop thinking about her and try to get some sleep.
()
Archie woke up suddenly. His alarm clock said that it was 2:13 in the morning. He thought back to his dream.
He was facing Cronus and Jacinta was trapped in a glass case with no way out. The case started to slowly fill with water. “No! Cronus, take me instead!” Archie had cried out as a look of pure panic crossed her face. The water had passed her chin now, and was getting higher. She screamed and the sound rang in his ears, scaring him. Cronus laughed and said “I’ll get you anyway. She is just sport.” Archie started to beat against the glass but it was too late. Jacinta was gone.
“No! Archie, help... Nooo!” Archie heard the call but, thinking it was just a memory from his dream, ignored it. “No, no, no! Not like this! Archie! Archie, no! Have... to... warn...” Archie sat up and looked in the direction of Jacinta. She was thrashing around in her sleep and kept saying “Archie” and “Not like this”, oblivious to the fact that what she saw in her dream wasn’t real. He quietly walked over, sat himself down in the chair next to his bed and lightly touched her shoulder. She sat bolt up-right, scaring Archie out of his wits. He heard her sobbing so he put his arm around her. She then flung her arms around him, buried her face in his shoulder, still sobbing.
“It’s all ok, it was just a dream,” Archie said soothingly. “Just a dream, you’re ok, just a dream.”
After a few minutes she stopped crying and said, her voice wavering, “Can we please go watch some tv or something like that? I need to take my mind off my dream.”
“Of course”
“Thanks”
“Don’t worry about it.” He then stood up and walked downstairs closely followed by Jacinta. She turned the tv on, flicking through the channels. She eventually stopped on an old 70’s horror flick. Archie sat himself on the lounge beside her. “Feeling better now?” he asked. “Definitely, thank you so much.” She answered.
“That’s ok, I don’t mind,” he hesitated, wondering how to ask her out without being completely upfront. “I like you...” he started, then felt a weight on his shoulder. Jacinta was asleep. ‘I’ll tell her tomorrow’ he decided, then lifted her up and carried her to her bed. He started to turn away but instead, kissed her nose and whispered “sweet dreams. I...I love you and will always be here to protect you.’ Then he turned and lay down on his bed, totally tired. What he didn’t notice, however, was that, when he kissed her nose, the corners of Jacinta’s mouth twitched up a little and when he told her that he loved her, she started to breathe deeper and more calmly.
********
Jacinta still got up at five the next day. When everyone started to file into the kitchen she announced “There’s no school today. It’s been closed for the remainder of the week over ‘security issues’… Athena has just left to see what’s happened and gave strict orders for us not to go to the school but we are allowed to do anything else…” she trailed off. “Any way, anyone up for a swim?”
“Wha-, a swim?” Archie asked, incredulously.
“Yeah! C’mon, it’ll be fun!” She said, looking at him with puppy dog eyes. Theresa, Jay, Atlanta and Herry were nodding in agreement; Neil was talking to himself about sun-tanning; Odie was considering the idea but Archie said, flat out “No”.
Jacinta searched his eyes with hers and said “You can’t swim, can you? Don’t worry, we’ll teach ya, if you want?”
After five minutes of “it’ll be fun!” and “we’ll help you” Archie agreed but not to swim. He decided that he’d just hang out on the side and watch everyone else and read. In truth he was only going because he didn’t want to be a loner all day. Unfortunately, when they got to the beach, Blaine and his friends were there. This didn’t faze the girls though; they just pulled their shirts and shorts off, revealing toned bodies and bright bikinis. Then they ran down to the water, shouting behind them for everyone to “hurry up!” and giggling their hearts away. They had barely been in the water for five minutes when Blaine tapped on Jacinta’s shoulder. Archie, who was sitting on the sand, was too far away to hear what Blaine was saying but he knew that he was hitting on Jacinta. She was laughing at something he had said then turned, walked up the beach and sat down next to Archie. “Hey, what’s up?” she asked, hair still dripping from attacking Atlanta and getting her head submerged. “Nothing,” he answered, sullenly, only just realizing how nice her body was. Curvy but Jacinta loved it and wore a bikini that showed off her hips.
“Nothing? Hmmm… Is nothing the reason you looked jealous when I was talking to Blaine?”
“Jealous? What do you mean, jealous?”
Jacinta smiled, eyes sparkling mischievously, “never mind. Besides, I told Blaine that we’re going out so he would leave me alone. Anyway, come on, come for a swim. The water’s perfect, I promise.”
“Wait… You told him that we’re going out?”
“Yah, according to the girls at school, it already looks like it anyway.”
“Hmmm”
“Come for a swim, please!” she begged. “We won’t go in deep, just up to our waists.”
“I’m not wearing my swim stuff.”
“You’re wearing boardies! That should be good enough."
“Ok, fine.” And with that, he pulled off his shirt, slid off his sandals and undid his brace. Then, chased Jacinta down to the water, pausing for a second then, got dragged into the deeper water by Jacinta. Archie could tell that Blaine was really upset about not getting the girl he was after. Blaine was the type of guy that the girls all wanted to be with and would never give up the chance to go out with. He was obviously angry that Jacinta would reject him like that. Archie felt like laughing at him.
*******************
An hour or two later they’d packed up and gone home. Jacinta had driven to the beach on her motorbike with Archie but on the way back Archie drove. This had only happened because Archie loved her bike and had spent half an hour complaining because he was never allowed to drive. Eventually, Jacinta got so sick of him she gave up trying to fight with him and let him drive. Just as they got home, Theresa burst out the door squealing, “Guess what, guess what, guess what?!?!”
“Ok, I’m stumped… What?” Jacinta asked.
“The school is having a dance for the end of year!!! C’mon…” Theresa said, pulling Jacinta towards her convertible.
“A dance… ok, whatever… why are you pulling me?”
“Because, you and I are going shopping for dresses! Duh!” she said, like it was the most obvious thing ever.
“Fine,” Jacinta sighed, turning to Archie she said “sorry Arch but I’ve got the joy of going shopping with Terri… see you later?”
“Sure” he smiled, walking up the steps to the Brownstone.
()
When they got to the mall, Theresa went mad. She looked in every store, debated every dress. An hour and quite a few shops later, she still hadn’t found a dress. At this particular moment, Jacinta and Theresa were sitting, drinking a milkshake each and talking. “So, how are you and Archie going?” Theresa asked innocently. “Whatever do you mean?” Jacinta asked averting the red heads eyes. “It’s so obvious that you two like each other!”
“Do not!”
"Do so!"
"Do not"
“Do so!”
“Fine, I admit it. But it’s obvious that he doesn’t like me so I might as well give up.” Jacinta knew this wasn’t true but also knew that Theresa would try to play matchmaker if she ever admitted to knowing the truth.
“What are you talking about??? He really likes you!!!”
“Yeah, right”
“OMG, you are so sad. Ask him out and you’ll see.”
“I’ll ask him out when you ask Jay out.” That simple statement really shut Theresa up. She started to pout, causing Jacinta to dissolve into a fit of giggles.
“Jacinta?” It was Blaine. “You wanna go to the dance with me? I’ve always got a pretty girl on my arm but this year I want a beautiful girl.” Jacinta raised one eyebrow, “is that your form of flattery? Not only did you totally cut into our conversation but you made yourself look like a jackass in the meantime.”
“Is that a no?”
“No, I don’t want to go to the dance with you. I’m already going with somebody. He’s sweet and funny plus, he’s not a total idiot like you. Me and Terri have got some shopping to do, so, excuse me.” With that, she stood up, pushed Blaine out of the way and, grabbing Theresa and her bags, walked off.
Blaine walked back over to his group of friends, all of them laughing their heads off and gave his friend, Alex, twenty dollars for winning the bet.
Several hours and what now felt like a zillion shops later Jacinta had a dress and Theresa was trying on one that she really liked. It was a blur halter with flowers on it. After half an hour and poses galore, she bought it and the girls were heading home.
*************
Sign up to rate and review this story