Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life Is A Sleazy Stranger And This Is His Favorite Bar...

The Million You'll Never Make...

by sblood311 0 reviews

Pete goes to the show...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-10-15 - Updated: 2008-10-15 - 917 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four: The Million You’ll Never Make.

Pete’s POV:

She walked on stage but instead of sitting on the stool up front she bypassed it and sat down behind the piano. She put her fingers to the keys and pulled out a fast tune. She was so different. She had lost every inch of chub that had once resided on her body. Her hair was still long and curly but it was a darker brown now. Even though all these things had changed, her big blue eyes still burned with anger.

“I wouldn’t know what to do with another chance
If you gave it to me
I couldn’t take the embrace of a real romance
It’d race right through me
I’m much better off the way things are
Much much better off, better by far, by far.”

Her voice sounded different then it did in the song on the computer. It was still strong and angry but it shook in a way that made your stomach tie knots. It made you feel every word she said.

“I wouldn't know what to say to a gentle voice
It’d roll right past me
And if you chalk it up you’ll see I don't really have a choice
So don't even ask me
I’m much better off, the way things are
Much much better off, better by far.”

The way the crowd just sat in awe was really something else. I swear, no one even dared to breathe too loudly. She kept her eyes down and her fingers were heavy on the keys, she practically slammed her fingers against them.

“So keep on calling me names, keep on, keep on
And I’ll keep kicking the crap till its gone
If you keep on killing, you could get me to settle
And as soon as I settle, I bet I’ll be
Able to move on.”

The chorus sounded like she was disappointed in herself and it hurt to hear. It was disappointing to her that she could let this beat her. When the bridge came she raised her voice but still wasn’t angry it was more pleading and sad.

“How can I fight, when were on the same side?
How can I fight beside you?

So keep on calling me names, keep on, keep on
And I’ll keep kicking the crap till its gone
If you keep on killing, you could get me to settle
And as soon as I settle, I bet I’ll be
Able to move on

So keep on calling me names, keep on, keep on
And I’ll keep kicking the crap till its gone
If you keep on killing, you could get me to settle
And as soon as I settle, I bet I’ll be
Able to move on.”

The crowed didn’t clap which I thought was weird until Brian from this morning leaned forward. “She asks people not to clap. Said it makes her feel uncomfortable.” I nodded and looked over at Patrick who had a frown and a glare in my direction. When Brian turned his head back to the stage I asked him what was wrong. “That’s Apple. As in Apple Hartley. Don’t tell me you didn’t know.” I looked away. Patrick had known Apple too. She had been really close to all of us. “Pete, what the fuck did you do?” He asked softly but angry. I shook my head and looked back to the stage where she was taking a sip of her tea. She said something with a slight smile and started playing again. I sighed. What had I done? A few songs later she was now sitting on the stool with an electric guitar strapped in front of her. “So this is called Hate, it was one of the first songs I wrote after I moved here.” She cleared her throat before starting.

“Anyone can tell you there’s no more road to ride
everyone will tell you there’s no place to hide
there’s no laws or rules to enchain your life
but the ones who didn’t make it,
the ones who couldn’t take it,
so glad they made it out alive
everyone loves the fun
everyone comes by

in the wind I crunch, I want to die.”

I felt my breath cut off. I was done. Those other songs, they could have very well had nothing to do with me but this one... This was partially my fault. I had screwed it up bad, I was a fucking asshole.

“They can give me pills
or let me drink my fill
the heart wants to explode
far away where nobody knows

do you believe she said that?
do you believe she said that?

I said I hate myself and I want to die.”

I couldn’t take it, I had to get out of there. I looked back at Patrick who was shaking his head slightly. I stood up and with one last look at the stage I walked out.
Outside on the pavement I leaned against the brick of the club. my breathing wouldn’t calm down. I think I was having a panic attack. It was then that my cell phone rang. “Hello?” I said not even bothering to look at the call display. “Hi Petey.” I felt guilt hit me from both sides when her voice came through the ear piece. “Hi, Ash.”
Sign up to rate and review this story