Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Learning to Trust

Chapter 006: Bandages and NYU

by pengz 0 reviews

Chapter 006

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2006-03-09 - Updated: 2006-03-09 - 839 words

0Unrated
"...speech..."

'...thoughts...'

Chapter 006: Bandages and NYU

*

Flashback

*


Feeling a slight twinge in her arm, Mina's eyes flickered open to find Bert watching over her like a mother hen.

"How are you feeling?" he asked quietly, helping her into a sitting position on the bunk.

"Funky, but I'll live, what happened to you?" Her eyes fell on his many injuries, but Bert brushed off the question.

"I know I caused your attack today." He sighed, looking stressed, "I'm sorry, really, for saying all those things about Frank... and for picking a fight with him."

"You did not!" Mina said as her eyes widened in disbelief. "I can't believe you. I go to sleep for a few hours and you go and start something with Frankie? You are so immature!"

Bert squirmed childishly under his cousin's fierce gaze, it was ironic how quickly the tables turned with one irresponsible flip of his attitude. Mina stood and grabbed the First Aid Kit and began to clean up and bandage Bert as she continued to scold him.

"There was a reason I told you instead of Frankie. I didn't want you two to fight about this and potentially ruin your friendship." however, her expression softened as she noted Bert's look of true remorse. "But you did and I know that if we break up, things will be better between you guys. He'll understand."

For a moment Bert felt relieved at Mina's words, but then he peered up at her and his heart broke. He saw, in her eyes, a look of utter defeat as she continued to care for him. He knew what he was putting her through, knew that he was causing her so much pain and a feeling of disgust ran through him. Was this who he was? A person who caused his only loved one their personal happiness?

"There, all better." She stated softly, offering him a small smile. "Just give me a minute and I'll go find Frank and tell him, okay?"

Before he could stop himself, the words fell from his lips, "No. Don't do that.? At her perplexed look he continued, "If Frank really means a lot you, I guess I can adjust to it. I mean, I approve of your guys's relationship." He watched her face light up and felt a bit more human as she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek.

"You're the best and I love you for it." she said as they ambled toward the door.

"Don't mention it, especially to your boy-toy." he replied, "He"s outside."

*

End Flashback
*

"... and that's how he gave in." Mina shrugged. She had just recounted the day's earlier events while she and Frank were celebrating their triumph at a diner.

"I gotta admit, " Frank said somewhat sadly, "I'm gonna miss the whole sneaking around thing."

Mina snickered, "Me too. But, its good to have things out in the open, that way you don't get some crazy guy smacking you around."

Days went by, Frank and Mina were basically the tour's star couple. They'd even been stalked by the paparazzi on their dates and gossiped about in rock columns and radio stations. But it didn't faze them one bit; it was as though nothing could... until August rolled in.

"Frankie, can we talk?" the small blonde had popped into the My Chem bus where they band had just gotten off their set for the day. She looked worried, but still smiling radiantly.

'Crap, did she just say the three most hated words in a relationship?' Frank thought as he replied, "Sure, um let's go outside."

The pair was plodding about for a while until Mina started speaking, "I'm not going to beat around the bush, so here it is; I'm leaving for NYU next week."

"But we've still got the rest of the month left to tour!" he burst out. Frank knew Mina was going off to college but he hadn't expected it to come about so soon.

"You know I want to stay until the very end, but I can't. I've got to move into the dorms and get to know the campus and everything..." she trailed off watching her boyfriend apprehensively.

"That is the exact reason I hated going to school." Frank sighed, "Do you really have to go?"

"No, I just applied and worked my whole school career to drop out before classes start."

"Ah well... I guess we're just going to have to make the most of our time then, won't we." he winked at her.

"Oh baby, oh baby." Mina replied dispassionately as she poked him through his bullet proof vest. "Lemme get my whip, Mr. Touchy McFeely."

"Rawr!" Frank growled lecherously before initiating a snogging session upon his girlfriend.

Okay, so their relationship consisted of kiddy stuff, but Frank was respectful like that. He wasn't about to go off looking like a cradle robber now, even though Mina was already of age. It was, as he so delicately put it, "the shit to be chivalrous."


*
Sign up to rate and review this story