Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Chaos Reigns but Love Still Fights

Immortality and the price of a save

by wishing_on_a_rainbow 0 reviews

Immortality is given a whole new meaning and Archie get injured.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-10-18 - Updated: 2008-10-19 - 542 words - Complete

0Unrated
He stayed by her side for hours. He watched as Hades came and got Cronus’s body and put it into a box in his chariot. He waited as Hera, Zeus, Ares and Eris came to say goodbye and put a coin in her mouth, for Chiron. It was dark but Archie refused to move and leave Jacinta’s body. Suddenly her body began to glow. It was glowing blue and her eyes flung open. Archie look bewildered. Then, in the blink of an eye, Jacinta was standing up, looking at Archie, mischievous smile lighting up her face. “I said I might have a second chance didn’t I? I’m now a goddess. Immortals grow old but gods and goddesses do not, at least not as quickly. I’ll go live with Hades and Persephone, learning to control my powers. You can visit all the time but we can’t be together. I’m sorry. There’s just too much difference between us now.” Archie saw how depressed she really was and went and hugged her. “Don’t worry, when I die, we’ll see each other again,” he said, stealing one last kiss. Then she was gone, disappearing into a crack at their feet, saying her final goodbye. The other six could only look on as they saw the change from person to goddess. They saw the pain in her eyes as she said goodbye, for the last time. Archie turned. “I’ve said my goodbyes. You wanna leave?” he asked, voice choked. Herry walked over and patted his back saying, “You’ll be ok. Cronus is gone now and Jacinta will be able to visit and talk all the time.”
“Yeah, but it’s not the same,” Archie said resignedly.
() A few weeks later...
“AARRCCHHHHIIIIEEEEEEEE!” “SCRRRREEEEEEEECH!!!”
Archie was in a coma, hit by a drunk driver as he helped a little kid stuck in the middle of a road. The girl, who he saved, had been crossing with her mum and accidently let go of her hand and gotten stuck when the walking light turned red. Archie had seen this and dashed onto the road and gotten the girl to her mum, just in time. He saved the child but couldn’t save himself. All the on-lookers cried out, horrified by the crunching sound of his body hitting the cars windscreen.
Archie was surprised. The last thing he remembered was a screech and a flash of red. He stood up and realized that his body was still lying in the hospital bed. He was dead. His only clear thought was that the kid got to its mum ok. He saw Hermes standing in front of him. “Hermes...” he said, wondering why he was standing there. “C’mon Archie, I’m your guide to the Elysian Fields.” He replied, gesturing to an archway of light. Archie eyes opened wide when he realized what this meant. “I’m dead?”
“Yes, now hurry. Chiron won’t wait forever.”
“What about Jacinta?”
“She doesn’t know that you were even injured, yet.”
“Oh. Will I be able to see her?”
“Maybe, but now we must go” and with that, Archie was pulled through the archway to stand at the river, waiting for Chiron.
Sign up to rate and review this story