Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Introduction

The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage

by SinsNotTragedies95 1 review

more.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-10-19 - Updated: 2008-10-20 - 459 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

A week later, Ryan sat on that same spot on the couch. He had gotten up only twice. Once, to grab a water bottle and bag of cheese puffs. And once, to release some stress on his arms, falling into his old habit. He sat staring at the wall, the same thing he'd been doing all week. Then, the phone rang. He let it ring until the answering machine picked it up.

"Hey, this is Ryan. I didn't answer, so leave me a message. Thanks!" Beeeeeeeeep.

"Hey, Ryan. It's Brendon. Listen, you haven't been out of your house in a week, and knowing you, you probably havent eaten anything. And so help me Ryan, if you have started cutting yourself again...Well, we're starting to get really worried. If you dont call me back in an hour, then I'm coming to check on you." Beeeeeeeep.

Fine. Let him come. An hour later, as promised, Brendon knocked on the door.
"It's still open," he called, his voice weak. Brendon entered the house and walked into the front room, eyeing the half full water bottle and barely touched cheese puffs with a disapproving look. He reached over and grabbed Ryan's left wrist, and all but threw it back at Ryan when he saw the deep gashes there.
"Dammit Ryan! I understand that you are sad, and going through a hard time, but what have I told you about cutting yourself?! You could die from that!"
Ryan's face was expressionless. "Sweet. I should try that more often."
Brendon, now even more angry, stepped forward and slapped Ryan hard across the cheek.
"NO! NONE OF THAT! YOU WILL NOT TALK THAT WAY, UNDERSTAND?!"
Ryan barely felt the slap. "Why do you care? You're not the one who would be hurt. Or dead."
Brendon got a weird look on his face. "You may think that, but youre wrong."
Ryan's eyes flitted to Brendon's face. "What?"
"Ryan, your'e my best friend. If you died, I would be hurt. Especially since..."
"What?"
Brendon shook his head. "Never mind."
Ryan was annoyed now. He hated secrets. "Tell me, Bren."
Brendon bit his lip. "Um, do you mind if I try something?"
Ryan looked suspicious. "I guess so." He looked even more suspicious as Brendon came to sit down on the couch next to him.
Brendon looked hopeful as he hesitantly pressed his lips to Ryan's, praying for anything but rejection. Ryan gave him exactly what he didnt want, and pulled away immediately.
"What the hell Brendon?!?" he pretty much screamed. Brendon stood up, tears in his eyes.
"See!?" He ran from the room, slamming the door behind him.
"Brendon, wait!" Ryan called, but he was already gone.

*
review plz! i'll have the next chapter up tonight!
Sign up to rate and review this story