Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

Who's Going To Explain This All to Brian?

by neve 8 reviews

You're in America, you're a band member down and oh yeah someone has to tell the man in charge. It's been a nightmare trying to post this - ficwad messing about.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-10-27 - Updated: 2008-10-27 - 1543 words - Complete

5Funny
Chapter Twenty Eight - Who's going to explain all this to Brian?


17th November 2006


Justin turned the key in the door as quietly as he could.

"Shhh," Ruth whispered.

Justin nodded as he slowly pulled the door handle door.

"Shhh,"

Justin turned to Ruth, "Will you shut up? Your shhhhsing is louder than the noise of the door."

Ruth rolled her eyes at him as they virtually tiptoed into the flat. She glanced around the room where they had last left Jill and Bob, "Look that's his jacket and jeans on the airer," Ruth said clapping her hands in excitement.

"Ohh the excitement," Justin replied mocking her.

"You're such a misery guts," Ruth said sticking her tongue out at him.

"No I'm just tired and we have to work tomorrow," Justin moaned as he walked into their bedroom, "What are you doing now?"

Justin watched as Ruth hovered at the other bedroom door, she turned round to face him, "I just want to check that one of them isn't lying dead in there."

"Oh for fuck sake," he whispered back as he disappeared back into their room to the bed that was crying out his name.

Ruth opened the door slowly and she almost let out sigh before she quickly clamped her hand to her mouth. There was her friend who she thought of as a sister, wrapped in the arms of the man she obviously cared so deeply for. If she thought she could get away with it she would have taken a photo.

x------x


Ray looked out the window, there was nothing like the sight of flying into Newark and passing by the city of New York especially at night. The lights of Manhattan were like a huge beacon telling him he was home. He glanced over at his friends who were all starting to wake up as the stewards instructed them to fasten their seatbelts. Gerard was moaning again, he was really terrible if he had to be woken up due to the fact it would usually take him so long to get to sleep. Ray couldn't help but smile to himself when he looked at the empty seat between himself and Mikey, yeah they would get some grief from Brian and probably Reprise but he didn't give a damn. They had all sacrificed so much in their personal lives to get to where they were now. Worm had been quieter than usual on the flight due to still being mad with them all when they had prevented him from going after Bob.

"Are we there yet?" Frank yelled out.

Ray rolled his eyes, Frank had been asking the same thing since they had departed the UK until he fell asleep somewhere over the Atlantic, "Yeah Frank, we're landing now."

They were all going home today after doing some interviews later in the afternoon. Tomorrow would be more of the same before they flew back to Europe on the following day for a show in Munich, Germany. Ray assumed that Bob would meet back up with them in Germany.

"Hey Ray, it's good to be home eh?" Mikey said as he unclipped his seatbelt.

"Sure is, plus actually getting back to my own bed for two whole nights," Ray replied smiling like a chesire cat.

"Christa home?" Mikey asked recognising the look on Ray's face.

"How d'ya guess?"

"Kinda obvious," Mikey grinned back.

As soon as the announcement was made to depart the plane, they all jumped up to get their hand luggage.

"I wanna starbucks," Gerard instantly said as they entered the airport.

"We don't have time," Worm replied ignoring the pitiful look on Gerard's face.

"Please, I need one so bad." Gerard said starting to whine.

"No you don't," Frank replied, "You know you shouldn't be drinking that corporate shit."

"I can't help myself Frank, I know I shouldn't really but they taste too good." Gerard explained as he looked longingly at the Starbucks counter.

"Forget it Gerard, " Worm snapped.

Gerard pouted as Frank grabbed his arm and pulled him away.

Ray grimaced as he looked at his mobile and instantly recognised the number, "Hello,"

"So I got this strange message on my mobile about Bob,"

"Oh," Ray replied glancing at Gerard and mouthing the name Brian. Gerard elbowed Frank and they grinned at each other.

"Yes Ray, Oh," Brian replied, "What the hell is going on?"

Ray could feel them all looking at him as they walked through the airport and wished someone else had got the call.

"Bob decided to stay in England for a bit longer," Ray explained moving the headset slightly from his ear.

"WHAT," Brian yelled, "So you're telling me that right in the middle of your promotional tour, you've lost your drummer and he's decided to just camp out in the UK."

"It's not like that, he has stuff he has to deal with and it's not like we have to play anywhere whilst we're over here," Ray replied trying to calm the situation.

"Put it this way instead of questions over your new album all you are going to get is questions over where Bob is and if you guys are about to split up." Brian said, "Do you want to tell me the reason why Bob's been sidetracked?"

Ray coughed slightly as he tried to think of a way to phrase it, "Em, do you remember the journalist that was doing the story on us?"

Frank, Gerard and Mikey watched Ray intently each thanking the phone god that he hadn't got the call.


"Yes," Brian reluctantly replied.

"Well Bob is kinda staying with her until we head back to Europe," Ray tried to explain.

Brian started to laugh,"Yeah right Ray, tell me what's really going on."

Ray rolled his eyes,"I am telling you the truth Bri, they just kind of clicked and well."

The phone line was silent, "Brian are you still there?" Ray asked.

"And you guys are okay with this?"

"Yes," Ray instantly replied, "He needs this."

"I'm sure he does," Brian said exhaling loudly,"Look I'll contact Bob and get things fixed for Germany but you guys will need to think about how you plan to explain Bob not being with you."

"We were just going to say he had personal things that he needed to sort out." Ray replied recalling the explanation the band had previously discussed.

"mmm, look I'll get back to you guys."

"Okay." Ray replied as Brian disconnected the call.

"Why did he have to phone me?" Ray said closing his mobile and sighing.

"Do you think we're nuts?" Gerard replied, "I had my mobile on silent,"

Frank laughed, "So did I,"

"Me too," Mikey added unable to stop himself grinning at Ray who looked like he was going to lose it.


x------x


Jill opened her eyes as she heard the flat door shut.

"Morning," a voice gently said.

Jill turned her head slowly, a huge smile breaking across her sleepy face as she looked at him, "Morning," she replied shyly,"You're still here."

"Where did you think I would go?" Bob laughed as he reached over and flicked the hair away from her face.

Jill shrugged her shoulders as she reached out to touch him.

"Just sleep, I'm not going anywhere," he replied watching her struggling to keep her eyes open.

"Promise?" Jill whispered letting her eyes close.

"I promise," Bob assured her as he moved over and pulled her close.

x------x

Ray was still in a mood when they eventually reached the van and met up with their press officer.

"Hey Gwen," Frank said hugging her.

"Hi guys, already for a busy day?" she chirped despite it being just after 7am and absolutely freezing.

"Not really, do we have time to crash before it all starts?" Frank asked looking at her with pleading hazel eyes.

"You have five hours and you're all booked into a hotel to catch up with some sleep and to have bath," Gwen said watching Gerard smile then scowl.

"Are you trying to say we stink Gwen?" Gerard asked sniffing himself.

"Of course not Gerard," Gwen playfully replied.

Ray felt his mobile vibrating in his pocket," Fuck Off," he yelled in frustrated as he looked at it and noticed a text message had come through.

"Ray's a bit grumpy today," Frank whispered to Gwen as they all got on the van.

"Have you spoken to Brian?" Gerard asked Gwen.

"What you really mean is,"Gwen answered hesitating slightly," Is Brian mad and are you all for it?"

Gerard nodded as both Mikey and Frank started to laugh.

"I think he was just a bit shocked, it's not really what you expect from Bob," Gwen replied before she pointed at Gerard, "You maybe but not Bob."

"Bob's just sent me a message," Ray interupted, "and he's fine."

"And?" Frank suddenly said as they all impatiently waited.

"Everythings fine, he's with Jill." Ray eventually said.

"About fucking time." Mikey shouted much to the surprise of everyone else.




Thank you so much for your kind reviews, this is kind of a filler chapter so I hope it didn't bore you too much. As always I'd really appreciate your opinions so if you have a moment please rate/review.
Sign up to rate and review this story