- I quite like your story and its keeping from the usual clichés. I think you keep Susan well from becoming a cheap imitation of Ginny/Hermoine, but on the other hand your Ginny characterisation in the last chapter seemed a bit … flat.
Aside form that you did well and I’m keen on reading the next chapter soon :).
Author\'s Response: Thank you for the reveiw. I am interested to see what you thought of the Ginny in chapter 8. I will post chapters 10 and 11 soon. I have just started writing chapter 12.Jim
(#) The_Resident 2006-04-28Looks like Ginny has the 'green eyes' now. -grin- Anyway, nice chapter. I know you're taking it slow with Harry and Susan, but they need some interaction or they won't be together at the end of the story. I'd really like to see Ron grow up, but that seems to be a lost cause. Molly's rants are famous and looks like Ginny inheirited the ability. Damn,you think that if they really cared for him, they'd ask about his welfare first, before the rant. Probably one of the many reasons Harry ends up with Susan. Well, I'm off to read the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
Oh, BTW, I found this:
'I just got off a Gringotts.'
I think you meant
'I just got off at Gringotts.'
- hey just wana say u ROCK MA SOCKS
p.s nevielle (or however spell his name) can already see thestrals his grandad died
Author's responseThanks. I thought I had fixed that. Maybe that was only at ff.net. I'll look into it a post the corrected version that I have. Jim
- Wow, Faced with a comment like this:
"You will not be setting one foot outside this house! Do you understand me?"
I'd be tempted to lay down the law with her. Hoewver, you avoided making Harry OOC, and I agree with your assessment that he'd probably shrug instead of telling her something like the speech that would come to mind for me:
"Mrs. Weasley, I'm gratified that you're so concderned about my personal safety. However, given that you are currently my house guest, I cannot approve of your attempting to dictate to your host concerning whether he may leave his own house. The fact that I'm not asking you to leave right now is a tribute to how much I care about the Weasley Family's safety."
That shows how much you have brought me into this story you're crafting; I want to tell off Mrs. Weasley, and she's a fictional character. Thanks for writing.
Author's responseGlad you liked it. There will be ample opportunity for hating a good many characters in this story. Currently (as of chapter 23), everyone is hating the Abbots - hard to believe, but what can you do? Please continue to share your thoughts.~Jim
- Things seem to be heating up, funny how Snape never mentioned this mass attack to the order but oh well not like they would have done anything anyway other then have some cleanup crews on standby. For some reason I wish you had had Harry tell Molly to Shut the Hell up this is my house, at the end, after all she has been one of the biggest advocates of the ‘keep Harry in the dark policy’ throughout canon. There was no reason for Harry to know a ‘Mass-murderer was after him in his 3rd year, No reason for him to know what was going on in 5th year when Sirius was trying to tell him about the ‘weapon’. Funny how no one on the ‘side of the light’ seems to think saving Susan was worth fighting for, oh well. You could kill off Molly and I would not complain after all they have at least 2 house elfs there now so no need to worry about cooking. Well I am going to get back to reading… Oh and I still hope you kill Snape lol
- Damn good show. I like what you're doing with Neville. I also like the way this whole story in general is going. Would you ever consider one where someone tells 1st year Harry everything he needs to know, then Dumbledore gets killed, so Harry has to use his own judgement... :D
Sign up to review this story.