Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Brought Together, Torn Apart

Explain

by easykeys 3 reviews

Mikey explains and Gerard makes some decisions

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-11-09 - Updated: 2008-11-09 - 969 words

0Unrated
"What?" Gerard stared at his brother in disbelief.

"She told me not to tell you, but I-I just couldn't lie to you" Mikey stuttered, tears still threatening to fall.

Gerard got up from his seat, which made Mikey think he was going to leave, but he didn't. He came and sat next to him and wrapped his arms around him, tightly hugging him. Mikey returned the embrace and let the tears fall.

"Your my best friend Gee, I needed to tell you the truth. But now mom..."

"Shhhh" Gerard said as he held his baby brother close, "You did the right thing Mikey, don't worry"

They sat like that for a further ten minutes until Mikey had calmed down.

"What are you going to do Gerard?" Mikey asked.

Gerard rubbed his pounding head, "Don't worry Mikey, I'll figure something out"

They left the diner together and headed back to their bus. Gerard remebered he said he would call Harper so he left Mikey with the rest of the guys to go and see her.

*

Harper was just pulling on some pants when she heard a knock at the door. She answered it to find Gerard there.

He didn't say anything but stepped in and hugged her.

"I'm sorry" he said.

She relaxed into him, "What's happened?"

"It's my mom"

"Oh god has something bad happened?"

Gerard pulled away and took his coat off, "Can we sit down and talk about this?"

"Yeah sure, come in here" Harper said as she led him into the kitchen.

They sat down as Harper made them a coffee.

"Right, I'm all ears" she said once Gerard had sat down.

"Well it all started when me and Jade broke up. I found out she was cheating on me so I ended it. Then just before tour, someone reported me to the social, and obviously I thought it was Jade. I have just found out that it was my mom"

Harper handed him his mug of coffee, "That's awful, why would she do that?"

"That's the thing, I don't know why she would" he said sipping his coffee.

"So what are you going to do?" she asked.

"I'm not sure yet" he said, even though he knew fine well what he was going to do.

*

Back at the bus Mikey was lying in his bunk wondering what was going to happen now that he had told Gerard. He was dreading his mom's reaction too.

I told him, Im sorry. I had to

Mikey's finger hovered over the send button, he wasn't sure whether to tell her yet or not.

Bob entered the bedroom and Mikey shoved his phone away, he could send it later.

"Hey, everything okay between you and Gee?" he asked, sitting on the edge of the bunk.

Mikey sat up, "Yeah were fine. It's just some shit with my mom that's all"

Bob nodded understandingly, "If you wanna talk about it you know where I am" he said patting Mikey on the back and leaving the room.

He smiled at Bob and re-opended the text, finger hovering over the button again.

*

"Well I guess I better go, the buses will be pulling out soon" said Gerard as he put his cup in the sink.

Harper stood up too and hugged him, laying her head on his chest, "I'll miss you" she said in an almost whisper.

"I miss you already" Gerard replied, putting his arms around her.

He put his finger under her chin and lifted her head up. He leaned down and kissed her softly.

"I promise I'll call you every day" he said.

She smiled and followed him out into the lobby where he put his coat on. He opened the door and turned to her, hugging her one last time.

"Come see me soon" he said.

She nodded, "Can't wait for it"

He smiled, waved and turned around, walking back to the bus. On the way he pulled out his phone and went through his contacts till he found who he was looking for.

Mom

"Hello Gerard"

"Don't bother coming to pick Charli up"

"Oh why not?"

"He told me what you did, don't act so innocent"

"Come on Gerard, I did it for you"

"For me?! How did that benefit me in anyway?"

"You were struggling, you needed help"

"Well your my mom, you could have offered to help! But instead you stick your nose in where it's not wanted"

"Gerard it's happened now, please let it go. I still want to help, I will come and pick Charli up, give you a break"

"I don't need or want a break from her. Your not coming to pick her up..."

"...Infact, don't bother calling to ask to see her again. You can speak to her on the phone and that's it"

"What?! I can't see her again?"

"That's right. I can't believe you did this to me. It's over between us ma, your as good as dead to me"

Gerard slammed the phone down, shaking with anger. He knew he was overreacting slightly but he was too frustrated to care. How dare his own mother try and get his only daughter put into care. He didn't want her to see Charli incase she tried to keep her, his trust with her was totally gone.

*

Mikey hadn't sent the text. He was too scared what might happen if he did, but his phone buzzed signalling he had a text. It was from his mom.

Gerard has banned me from seeing Charli, my own grandaughter! This is all down to you Mikey, if you hadn't of told him Charli would be growing up with a grandma, now she isn't. Hope you can explain to her why!

Fuck. This is all my fault isn't it?

That was all he could think.
Sign up to rate and review this story