Categories > Original > Fantasy > In his own words.

Nov 6th, 2008.

by broken_soul 0 reviews

Introducing Cassia Williams.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-11-14 - Updated: 2008-11-15 - 1293 words

0Unrated
She saw there staring out the window, her brown eyes were vacant as she looked out at the sky. She was emotionless, almost felt as if she was just a shell. It had been like that for the past couple of months now. Wake up, go to school, come home, go to sleep to wake up and do it all over without as much social interaction as possible. People didn’t acknowledge her anymore, or just forgot she was there all together. Her teachers were slowly giving up as well; no longer trying to get her to talk any more. She was a lost cause, no point in helping someone who didn’t want the help.

Then again, she wanted the help, but she couldn’t escape this mind frame. Ever since her father passed she had let the darkness swallow her and drown her in dark thoughts. She completely isolated herself from society once she was forced to stay with her father’s wife, not her mother, no but her “stepmother” (she really refused to call that thing family, even step-family). She felt like something out of a fairy tale, with an evil step mother that hated her guts. Thank god she didn’t have step siblings or that would drive her insane. One evil witch was enough to handle; she could only imagine if she had to deal with spawn’s from her as well. That would drive her into a mental institution.

Even though she hated her stepmother with an underlining passion, some how she still managed to obey to her crazy demands. When her father was alive, the demands weren’t so crazy; the only demand she made really was that they move. So they did. Cassia would’ve given everything to stay in that quiet town, deep in northern Ontario; maybe her father’s death would’ve been a lot easier on her with true friends around. No though, her stepmom moved them up to the busying city knowing that her father was sick, and knowing he hadn’t had much time left. She was just living to make Cassia’s life hell, and it was working. In Toronto she didn’t know what she was doing, she had no one and it was driving her deeper and deeper into this depression she wasn’t ready to deal with. Yet she listened to everything that evil witch said; that is until today. Today she planned to break free from the madness, and hoped it would bring a bit of light to her life.

She looked out at the city skyline, and honestly saw nothing for her.

There was nothing out here for her in the big city. She wasn’t a city girl at all, and her trying attempts to adapt to life out her were failing miserably. So she came up with a plan, tonight she was going to pack up some clothes, take her bank card and hop on a grey hound bus back home. Back to where she belonged, because this wasn’t where she was supposed to be. She could feel it in her heart.

She jumped up from the window with much enthusiasm, much more then she was able to collect in the past few months. She ripped through her closet, grabbing the first pairs of jeans she touched and shoving them into a bag, along with numerous faded graphic tees and hoodies. In her hasten; something at the bottom of the closet caught her attention. She bent down to pick up the brown box with random doodles, and A+C / Alex & Cassia written all over it. A slight smile creased her lips.

Alex.

She missed him more then words could say. It had easily been over three years since she had contact with him. She could still play back their awkward goodbye so vividly in her mind, it was one memory which she wished she could only forget, and yet it stuck and played back at the worse times.

A tear trickled down her olive skin, as she tried to fight against her cries. Right now was not the time for tears; she had a job to do. She had to leave before any one noticed she left, if they noticed she left that it. Somehow she highly doubted that it would be the first worry to cross her stepmothers, teachers- or anyone’s mind really. She wondered if they would send out a search party for her, probably not. Her stepmom might put out a reward; “wanted dead or alive” the missing posters would say, just like a Wanted sign. There would probably be a little bit of money being put up for grabs for the person that turns her in, just so that her stepmom looked caring and empathic like she fooled everyone else to be. Cassia knew the truth though, Cassia knew the only reason she ever even bothered looking at her dad was because he had money. Cassia also knew that her stepmom had been playing her father the whole time, not that she ever had the heart to tell him, would it really of made a difference on the outcome of her fathers death though? It would’ve ended her in a foster home most likely, which may not have been a bad thing. None of that mattered though, because she was finally leaving.

She put the box in her bag and then put the bag on her back. She slipped her black converses on and looked in the mirror one last time before leaving on a long journey that she was sure would take where she belonged. Her burgundy brown hair fell down to her hips, her bangs annoying falling into her brown eyes even when she tried pulling them back. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, if she was going to run away she had to disguise herself, and her hair was going to give her away automatically. She loved her hair more then anything else, but she knew what she had to do. Grabbing a pair of scissors she kept on her bedside table, and chopped off her hair, at first she could feel something shooting through her heart, almost as if it were trying to stop her; but then she could hear her stepmother’s voice in her head reminding her why she was doing this.

“Such an ugly girl, it’s a shame you belong to the human race.”

That egged her on, encouraged her to continue until her hair was up to her ears. A smile creased her lips as she threw the scissors onto the floor and ran out of the room, down the stairs and out the door; bumping into her stepmother on the way out.

“Where do you think you’re going?” She didn’t answer. “And where is the rest of your hair? Oh my,” Still Cassia stood silent in front of the woman she had the upmost hate for, and hate was a strong word. The woman glared at her until Cassia let out a sigh and continued walking, at a slower pace now. She put her ear buds into her ears and let the soft music play from her iPod as she made her way down the street.

“You’ll regret leaving you little brat, you can’t get away from me that easy!” Her stepmother yelled over the music, but it didn’t matter. She couldn’t get to her, Cassia refused to let her get to her, she had been letting that woman do it for years, it was time it came to a stop. For once in her life, she felt at peace, nothing could bring her down now.
Sign up to rate and review this story