Categories > Original > Drama > On the Outside Looking In

Chapter 18-Pulse

by Lizzerriffic2137 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-11-18 - Updated: 2008-11-19 - 547 words

0Unrated
Just as i turned of the shower and dried off hastily i heard he doorbell. I knew the guys weren't gonna get off their ass and open it. they probably couldn't even hear it with that damn loud music they're playin. My damn loud music. The bell rang again, but this time more impatiently.
"I'm comin!!"
I threw on the towel and ran to my room. Damn what am I going to wear? The bell rang again over and over. I knew it was my bro Chris. he has the attention span of a damn fly. He'd probably bring his girlfriend too, Amber. I had to look somewhat nice, I mean, for him you know. Plus Amber's real pretty. Not like that fake kind of make up pretty, but just real nice to look at just as she is. And she's real nice to me too. All of Chris's other girlfriends were lame. Sure they were "hot" but those chicks had no brains. They were fake. Plastic. But Amber had some substance, a heck of a lot at that. I grabbed a plain white tee and threw it over my head and pulled up some nice jeans, no rips or nothing. I wish Chris would shut up with that damn doorbell it's only been a minute!!
I ran down the stairs, almost tripping over one of them, and lunged at the door.
"Hey."
I said breathlessly. I smiled up at Chris and back down at my level to Amber. They talked as they walked in.
"Dang Lenny I'm sorry did we pull you right out of the shower?"
Amber sure has a nice voice to. It's soft and not too high but not to low. I wonder how good a singer she is.
"Nah you didn't its alright I was just comin out anyways."
I felt myself blushing. I stared at my feet so my eyes couldn't give me away.
"Chris aren't you gonna say hi to your brother or are you just gonna be antisocial?"
"Anti-social"
His face twisted up into a grin. Amber gave him a shove. That's what I love about her. She don't take crap from anyone. My brother pretended it hurt as a joke, but we all knew damn well small and compact as she was, Amber could do some damage if she wanted to.
"That wasn't a question, Christopher, that was a statement. Now go and say high to your kid brother before I go and leave right now."
He sighed, grin prominent on his rugged face. He smiled down at me and ruffled my wet hair.
"Loser."
That was his greeting. He pretty much always called me that. I mean, it wasn't really insulting. It's just something big brother always do to their kid brothers I think. I shot back at him.
"Monster"
I pulse of hate flowed through my veins as I remembered the pictures. The memories. He was always the favorite. He was handsome and successful. I was this little skinny kid who couldn't do a thing right. I never could, and God knows I ain't doin nothin right now either. But I grinned back, because he would never know the black hate that pulsed through my veins as I said that word. Because I really meant it.
Sign up to rate and review this story