Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Bump on the Head

Damaged Noodle

by Park 0 reviews

--

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Hinata,Sasuke - Published: 2008-11-25 - Updated: 2008-11-26 - 1188 words - Complete

0Unrated
I don’t own Naruto.
-++==++-

Bump on the Head
-+++==++-


Hinata had jumped every time there was a knock on the door that day. She’d successfully demolished a third of her dishes. So when the visitors she’d been waiting for finally got there, she was over her spaz-attacks and completely relaxed, expecting another visitor like Kiba or the mailman.

When she opened the door she opened it politely and gave a small smile to her guest. A tall blonde woman smiled back, toting an over excited Sasuke behind her.

“Good evening, Hyuuga-san!” Tsunade greeted her cheerfully, giving her a big smile. It made her feel like a baby-sitter.

“Good evening, Hokage-sama.” Hinata answered much less enthusiastic. Sasuke practically bounced into the room.

“Hello, love of my life!” he chimed, and Hinata’s gaze flickered over to him awkwardly. That was so freaky. It would definitely take some time to get used to. Sasuke fluttered his eyes at Hinata sweetly, giving her the googly-eyes.

“Well, guess I’ll get on with it then.” Tsunade sighed awkwardly. She pointed down at Sasuke’s ankle where a device was snapped on. It was a plastic band and a little attachment to the side. Hinata had seen it before.

“This will control his chakra, or at least most of it. Do I need to explain?” Hinata shook her head. She’d already seen one of these devices. It was fairly new, actually, used mostly in prisons. It controlled his chakra, keeping it low, and administered a according dose of sedative to its wearer. Nifty little thing, even water proofed.

“Alright, then there’s this.” Tsunade continued and pulled Sasuke’s shirt up over his belly. On his pale skin stood out a centimeter-big black square. Tsunade tapped it light. Hinata wasn’t familiar with this.

“This drains the rest of his chakra. He won’t have the strength to pull out a hair!” Sasuke blinked in indignation, offended. What made her think he would ever hurt Hinata for? Was that why they made him wear all of that shit?

Hinata merely nodded, looking utterly dejected. Tsunade pursed her lips, shifting a awkwardly and then stood up.

“Well, I better be leaving now.” She said. Hinata gave a tiny nod.
“Come back soon.” She muttered as the Hokage bounded away. She watched the older woman, silently begging her to come back and drag Sasuke away by the hair. Hinata leaned her head against the door frame, stalling.

Before she could even close the door, she was ambushed. She hadn’t even heard him. Sasuke flung his arms around her and hugged her weakly from behind, burying his face in her hair. It took her a minute to calm her self, and all her control not to turn around and slap him. Then he started to rub her butt.

“Uchiha-san, please don’t do that…” Hinata grumbled, her face tomato red with embarrassment. Sasuke raised his head curiously.

“Why does everyone keep calling me that? Sasuke-san, Uchiha-san? That’s not my name.” Hinata bit her lip against giving him a piece of her mind.

“Well, may I just call you Sasuke?” she asked. Sasuke smiled at that.

“You can call me anything you want, dear.” He answered cheerfully. As she studied his face a moment, she noticed there were dark circles underneath his eyes and his pale skin looked pastier than usual.

She went to find a blanket and spare pillow in her closet so she could fix him a bed on the couch. As she did so, he followed her. He looked around inquiringly. There were so many holes in his delusion it was almost unbelievable. But then, when it came to the criminally insane, bump or no bump on the head, there really were no limits…

Hinata yanked a matching pillow and blanket out and hauled it into her tiny living area.

“I love navy blue.” He smiled at her appreciatively, fluttering his eyes again. Hinata nodded, sighing. “But why are you making a bed up?”

Hinata blinked. She’d given a lot of thought to what the Hokage had said the night before, and she’d come to the conclusion that maybe she really should play along with Sasuke’s delusion. But Kami, was it going to take all her patience away? And how far would Sasuke push her to go?

Mulling it over, she wondered how she would be able to convince him that he needed to sleep out here and her in the bedroom. A few lame ideas went through her mind, and she knew none of them would work. And better yet, how would she make him stay in there? If he was as persistant as Hokage-sama has said, she would have to tell him she had some life threatening disease. For some reason she didn’t feel confident in that option either.

“Uh, we might have a guest.” She said quickly. He just smiled. “Are you tired?” she asked.

“Yes.” He admitted, nodding. “I haven’t been able to sleep well since I’ve been away. I missed you.”

Hinata just nodded her head and ushered him into the bedroom, he glanced around the new territory. Then he crawled in bed under the covers and patted the other side of the bed. Funny, he knew which side was hers.

“Why don’t you crawl in? You look like you could use a nap yourself.” He said sweetly as he flipped the covers back some more, making room for her.

“I can’t. I have things I need to do at the moment.”

A frown spread over his face. “Can’t they wait? I’m serious, you really do look tired.” She shook her head and left. He stayed behind in the room, pouting, hoping she would change her mind.

--
Friday 7:46 PM, Hinata Hyuuga’s Residence
The glitches in his delusion were ridiculous and stupid. How could he not have a name? Why didn’t he realize he was Uchiha? It was almost impossible to mistake an Uchiha, even a delusional man. But not to recognize himself?

Hinata chewed her lip, thinking hard. It was almost as though he had retrograde amnesia, but then why the delusions? If he had retrograde amnesia so bad he didn’t know his own name, then why did he seem to remember her name and their wedding so clearly when it hadn’t even happened?

She remembered Sakura talking about a few of her insane patients before. She’d said one man had been thoroughly convinced that squirrels were sent to spy on Konoha for Suna. Another man thought he was engaged to Tsunade. But that had made more sense, at least. He knew exactly who and what he was.

With a sigh, Hinata leaned forward and put her head in her hands. This was so wrong and unfair. She almost got up and walked to room before she caught herself. There was a visitor in her bed.

--
Friday 3:54 AM, Hinata Hyuuga’s Residence
That night Hinata slept on her own couch.

--

PLEASE review!
Sign up to rate and review this story