Categories > Original > Fantasy > Chronic Earth: The Tale of Seasons - v5

Chapter 1

by CETToS 0 reviews

Winter gets thrown into an alternate universe practically, trying to keep his cool.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-11-30 - Updated: 2008-11-30 - 2310 words

0Unrated
The bright sun now began to gradually rise above the tall mountain tops, soaring over the thick green trees, and then soon slid behind the fluffy white clouds. The suns light snuck between the curtains to Kindle’s window. Slowly, sneaking up onto Kindle’s messed up bed sheets. Up onto her pillow. Finally reaching her eyes, as they slowly opened.
“Uhh… Morning already? No..” grunted Kindle as she shoved her face into her pillow. “Mm.. More sleep would be great, but I have things to do.. Winter are you up yet?” said Kindle as she lay there by herself in the bed, waiting for Winter’s reply.
“Winter?” said Kindle as she raised her head up. Looking at Winter’s empty pillow, she realized he never came home last night. He was still outside.
“Oh no! What happened!?” Kindle jumped out of bed, and quickly got dressed into whatever was closest. Swiftly slipped on her shoes, and bolted out of the front door frantically.
“What could have ever happened to him? He usually comes home about three hours after those silly arguments we have.. Where could that boy.. Possibly.. Be..”
Kindle now approached Winter’s Tree House. Still covered in that old Light Blue paint, with Dark Blue trim. Winter’s Tree House wasn’t up in the tree, like all the others. His Tree House was built at the Base, three floors up. Four windows on the front, three on each side, and two in the back. Only Winter knew the exact Floor Plan of the Tree House though. He was the one who built it, after all.
“Winter!? Are you up there? ..Winter?” Kindle hollered as loud as possible, as she began to wiggle the Handle open. The door opened with a small squeak and Kindle stepped in. Everything Winter owned before he moved in with Kindle was spread out on the floor, covering table tops, and tacked to the wall. It was most definitely Winter’s little place.
“Winter, c’mon. Stop playing these games, and get down here righ..” Kindle stopped talking just as she noticed something unusual. A small bottle with a note inside. She looked at it some more, and finally decided to take a peek at the note inside. She unscrewed the top, and slowly pulled the damp sheet of paper out. Set the bottle aside, and spread the paper on one of the cramped tables. The note was crinkly but still legible.
“Hmm.. Ok, so it says..”
Dear Reader,
You are obviously a survivor of the 4011 War. Lucky you, but there is something I ought to explain and fast. There is a creature, that goes by the name of Destroyer. He is taking over our World, and has been for quite a while. They say he can take shapes of many things, such as Animals, and Humans. (He’s not Human by the way..) Anyways, I am writing this letter mainly to tell you, not to screw up Earth the same way we did. Make your way through life the hardest possible way there is. Don’t make it easy, because that results in people becoming powerful. Treat everyone the way you want to be treated. I have to go. Hopefully you understand what I mean by all this..
-Ron Xenant
“What.. Are Humans? I don’t get this letter at all..Something happened to Earth before we were here?” Kindle said as she searched through her memory to try and recall life before the Year 4012. She didn’t think anything happened before the year she was born.. Just as she was pondering this logic, three hooded figures all of a sudden stood in the middle of the room Kindle was in.
“W-who are you?” Kindle asked as she slowly put the note in her hand, down onto the table.
“That does not matter. Tell us who you are instead,” said the cute voice.
“Uhh.. My name is Kindle. Who needs to know?” Kindle said as she stepped back a bit.
“It’s what you need to know. This is why we are here. Winter is with us, and trust us.. He’s not hurt. He’s well and alive. We need you to come with us,” said the high-pitched boys voice. The three figures slowly stepped out of the Tree House, while Kindle follow.

The Three figures lead Kindle into the Thick Forest of Elo, and walked for a very long time. The small trail through here was only wide enough to hold one person. Trees on both sides, with small bushes and flowers flourishing the floor in between. Small patches of grass and moss everywhere. Fallen trees every now and then. Typically, this was a basic Forest. Except for one thing, when they reached a small hut. It had a sign hanging on it that read “Chronic Earth” in sloppy blue paint. The four walked inside of the hut. Kindle was surprised to only see a small opening in the ground. But the three figures didn’t stop to look. They headed down into the hole. It had stairs leading down.. To something else possibly.
Kindle set one foot on the first step down, and something odd happened. Her shoe flared up into a nice flame.
“Hey! I-I’m on fire! Do you have any water? Help!” yelled Kindle as she tried to stomp it out, but soon realized that the three figures feet, had something going on every time they stepped as well. One of them produced multiple dead leafs, another produced a small puddle of water, and the other produced a small patch of grass. After she examined these other footsteps.. Hers didn’t look too different. Even more strange, was that the fire wasn’t hurting Kindles foot. Ignoring her feet, Kindle continued to step down the stairs into a larger room. This room had multiple doors everywhere. All of them had a Symbol burnt into the Wood. It looked as if there were 16 doors in total, but four doors were separate than the others. They had stairs leading up to them. The doors symbols represented an Icicle, a Cloud, a Sun, and a Gust of Wind. Above the four doors, carved into the dirt, read the word “Seasons“.
“What exactly is all of this?” said Kindle as she turned around, now facing the figures.
“This is Chronic Earth. The New Beginning of Reality, The New Beginning of Earth,” said the third voice.
“Which.. Is?” Kindle said as she looked around once again.
“Do you not know the story either?” questioned the cute voice.
“Well, there better be a story for all of this! This is an amazing room!” said Kindle as she smiled, now facing the three hooded people.
“We better get Winter now. Nor does he know the story. Again.. Surprisingly,” said the high-pitched boys voice as he stepped forward, taking his belt off and letting it flop to the ground, as well as his Cloak. It revealed a small boy with spiky yellow hair, and an unforgettable smile. He headed towards the stairs leading to the four doors. Professionally, he ran up and opened the door with the Ice symbol on it. There, in a blue capsule, laid Winter comfortably. The kid opened the Capsule, and Winter slowly walked out. Opening his eyes, the first person he saw was Kindle, and practically yelled the most happiest yell ever.
“Kiiiiinnndddlllleee!“ Winter ran down the stairs, and gave Kindle a huge hug, almost knocking her down.
“I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am to see you here,” said Winter as he let go.
“Hehe.. Me too,” Kindle replied while letting go as well.
“You two, know each other?” questioned the cute voice, while she too begun to undo her belt. It flopped to the floor to reveal a small little girl with cloud colored hair.
“Yes, we do. We actually have been living with each other for about 8 years,” said Kindle.
“How convenient! We already have a tamed Element. Good work Winter, I guess you were already doing a duty you didn‘t know of!” said the third voice, who now as well undid the
belt. Flopping to ground, it revealed a girl with jet black hair which was caringly straightened and curled at the tips.
“Well, she’s more than just an Element. She’s my Best
Friend you guys..” Winter said as he paced.
“Why are you pacing Winter?” said Kindle.
“Oh, nothing. It’s nothing,” said winter. “Shouldn’t you guys introduce yourselves to my friend?”
“Heh. Whoops. That’s right.. My name is Spring Showers, Mistress of Rain and Growth. Nice to meet you Kindle!” said Spring as she offered Kindle a hug. They did, and the high-pitched voice kid stepped up next.
“My name is Summer Sunshine, Master of Sunlight and Heat. I really love to eat, by the way!” said Summer as he hugged Kindle.
“Well that’s good. I love to cook!” said Kindle as she let go of Summer as he went back to his spot by Spring.
“My turn! My name is Autumn Wind, Mistress of Produce and Wind,” said Autumn. She hugged Kindle, and stepped back.
“Thank you. Yea, those are the other seasons to Earth.. I am a Season as well. Winter Snow, Master of Ice and Snow. It’s the Elements, like you Kindle, that help us Seasons do our job accordingly to what PowerLord Creator says..” said Winter as he looked at Kindle.
“So.. You four are a team?” said Kindle.
“Yes. A rotating team.” said Summer.
“We each have a 3 month ruling period. For example,
Summer will rule for 3 months, and then give his duty off to me after he’s done, and then I’ll give it to Winter and so on an so forth..” explained Autumn as she sat down on the grassy field.
“Oh, okay. That makes perfect sense,” said Kindle, joining Autumn. Everyone else then sat down on the ground. The grass
was all sorts of wet, but it wasn’t too noticeable.
“Yea, it does make sense, but the Earth has a different schedule then you think it would. Instead of me just taking over for a whole three months, I would only rule the Northern Hemisphere. So, what that means is that while I am doing my job, another Season has to be in charge of the Southern Hemisphere to keep Earth’s balance,” explained Spring as she started pulling out a couple pieces of grass into her soft hands.
“To keep Earth in balance? What exactly does that mean?” asked Kindle as she got more comfortable.
“Well, if I am burning up a storm for the entire Earth.. Then everything is going to melt. Winter has to control my heat rations by
reversing my heat to the opposite side of Earth.. Get it now?” said Summer as he started to fix his hair.
“Yea! That’s really neat! I would’ve never thought of it that way..” replied Kindle.
“Yea. It’s pretty hard to understand at first.. Took Winter a while to get it didn’t it, Ice Master!?” said Spring, teasing Winter while nudging him.
“Ha ha, real funny. I understood it real quick, if I recall..” countered Winter as he pushed Springs arm away.
Everyone enjoyed a good laugh, and stood back up. Winter headed off to his room to start training some more as Kindle, Spring, Autumn, and Summer headed back outside of the Chronic Earth entrance.
Outside, it was very sunny out. Trees blowing in the soft wind, and grass rustling. Everyone’s footsteps were deactivating as they exited the Cave with the “Chronic Earth” sign nailed to the side.
“So.. There was life on Earth before us?” asked Kindle as she reached the last step.
“Yes. A very civilized group of animals lived all over the Earth, the Humans. The Humans were people who walked just as we do. They invented many different machines, each of them serving their own purpose. Machines were used to help Humans perform specific tasks that were very important to them. Now.. These machines were very useful and wonderful, but the Humans got more competitive, building better machines than the other.. Soon, enough rage was built up for a society of Humans to completely destroy Earth as they knew it. Now, PowerLord Creator is trying a different technique, and we are here to set it up for him. We were made by PowerLord Creator, all of us. Seasons, Elements, and Attributes. Nobody knows PowerLord’s plan yet, but DarkLord Destroyer wants to stop whatever is going to happen..” said Autumn as the four reached a path.
“So, who is this PowerLord dude, and that other one..”
“DarkLord,” interrupted Summer. “They are the controllers of the Earth, the choice-makers, but DarkLord wasn’t always evil. At one point in time, before Earth was created, they worked together on an earlier project. DarkLord had ideas PowerLord thought were unreasonable, and
demonic. DarkLord figured they were the only way to get things done..
So they fought for control over Earth, and both lost and won equally. Now, they share power over Earth, one as the Good and one as the Evil. It balances out, in a way.. But they are still both trying to get full control over Earth. Have been for a long time.. It’s quite upsetting,” said Spring as she gasped for air.
“Oh.. Well, that’s pretty interesting and sounds very important.. But what do we have to do with all this?” asked Kindle.
“Well!” shouted Summer as he jumped in, cutting off Autumn. “We control Earth’s status, we make it do the things it does. If it wasn’t for us, Earth would be dull and gray all the time. We are what makes Earth, alive.”
Sign up to rate and review this story