Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Way Home Is Through You....

If you were here....

by HellOnHigh9 11 reviews

Outbursts and talking, the same and different

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-12-06 - Updated: 2008-12-06 - 1325 words - Complete

0Unrated
Authors Note: Hi people, me again. I’m just writing this to say I’m not sure whether I should continue on or not with this story. It’s not that I don’t want to its just that a lack of reviews which makes me think people aren’t interested in reading this anymore. So if you want me to continue with the story Please review. On another note I was wondering if you would like a spin-off to this story, there will be some of the same characters but it will be based around Blair and her issues surrounding her family. If your interested let me know in your reviews thanks.
”XO CaT”

Cami sat in the waiting room beside Mikey. They had been sitting there for the past 3 hours, the others had come and gone saying they would return when Gerard was out of surgery. Cami let out a soft sigh turning to Mikey. He hadn’t told her what had happened. Mikey himself wasn’t even sure of what had happened. He’d gone over to Gerard’s earlier that day to see if he wanted to go get some coffee only to discover Gerard unconscious on his bed. He’d gotten him to the hospital only to discover from Doctors that liquid had leaked into Gerard’s brain causing it to swell and that if the swelling wasn’t taken care of Gerard would surely die.
“Is he gonna be okay?” Cami said her eyes already red from the tears she had shed on the flight over and in the past three hours from waiting.
“I have no idea, they needed to relieve the swelling and they said it could take hours to do.” Mikey said tiredly lifting his lowered head to look at Cami’s red eyes. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders pulling her closer to his body, he placed a soft kiss on her head. “Gerard’s been through worse than this, he will pull through it. Trust me Cami” he said quietly as Cami nodded. “I mean he has Blair to live for and his career if anything and you” he mumbling the last bit.

Cami looked down the hallway smelling the strong antiseptic and frowning as the doctor walked down the hallway wiping the sweat from his brow pulling down the mask which covered his mouth.
“Mr Way?” He questioned looking at Mikey, Mikey nodded standing Cami along with him. The doctor looked at Cami questioningly.
“I’m sorry Miss but are you related to Mr Way?” he said tiredly looking at Cami, Cami shifted her weight from one foot to the other.


“He’s the father of my child” she said crossing her arms over her chest, glaring at the doctor. The doctor raised his eyebrows sceptically but continued to speak regardless.
“We were able to get the swelling to go down and relieve the pressure it was causing on Mr Way’s Brain.He’s still under the anaesthetic so it may take him a few hours to wake up and he’ll have to stay in hospital for a while til we can see the extent of the damage the swelling may have caused. It hard to tell though if he will actually wake up. So currently he is in the ICU, room 1212”. He said finishing his little spiel.
“Do you know what caused it?” Mikey said curiously.
“Best guess is a sharp blow to the head, someone probably hit him.” The doctor said with a nod before turning away. Cami watched as Mikey grit his teeth together grinding them slightly, Cami knew what he was thinking.
“Mikey, why would he do that?” Cami questioned trying to keep up with Mikey as he began to walk off quickly down the hall.

“You don’t know him like we do Cami. He’s Bert” Mikey snapped rounding on Cami. “He will do anything to make those around him miserable. He’s a destructive asshole who loves to ruin people’s lives. This is your fault. If you hadn’t run off when you were pregnant you and Gerard would still be together and he wouldn’t be in the ICU his life on the fucking line.” He spit at her a rage burning in his eyes as he spoke with fury, Cami felt tears well in her eyes as Mikey turned his back on her and stormed off.


Cami walked back down the hall to the elevator, tears streaming down her cheeks as she got it. It wasn’t soon before she began to shudder sobs racking her body as she stepped from the elevator minutes later. She found Gerard’s room standing there. She clutched the door knob in her hand, contemplating whether she should enter or not. Finally deciding it was for the best, she entered the room still sobbing quietly. She pulled the seat close to Gerard’s bed and clutched his hand. It felt strangely cold in hers even though Gerard’s room was well heated; he felt dead in her hands as he lay motionless on the bed. Cami rested her head on the edge on the bed letting the tears soak Gerard’s sheets as he lay there blissfully ignorant of what was going on around him, Cami heard a soft click in a room full of faint beeping from the machines surrounding Gerard. She looked up raising her head to see a nurse enter. The nurse smiled warmly at Cami.

“I’m just here to check his IV” she said walking over to the small clear bag which hung above his bed. Cami nodded her gaze solely focused on the peaceful look which had taken residence upon Gerard’s face.
“You know you can talk to them, it’s supposed to help” The nurse said breaking the relative silence of the room, Cami nodded agreeing as the nurse walked out. She got up from her chair and climbed onto Gerard’s bed laying down gently beside him. She looked at his face not knowing what to say, she lay there for hours thinking before words finally began to drip from her mouth.

“I remember the first night I met you” she said a small smile forming on her face.”I remember seeing this skinny weird looking black haired geek, who turned out to be the kindest and gentlest human being I know. You were so nice to me on tour, you never judged me like other people did. You accepted me for who I was. I admired you so much for that, it was one of the things that made me fall so hard for you. I never planned on telling you this, but the night after we slept together when you came back from the hospital. I watched you sleep and I remember thinking this is it, this is who I’m meant to be with, who my soul mate is. Who I’m going to be with til by heart stops beating” Cami spoke quietly.

“I got so scared when I was pregnant. I thought if I told you, you’d think I’d done it on purpose. I was one of the best and worst things finding out I was pregnant because I knew no matter what I decided to do you would support me in it but it was also the worst because I was scared of what you would think of me” she said as she felt another tear roll down her cheek.

Cami fell silent again. Cami closed her eyes resting them as she let the beeps lull her to a half sleep, she didn’t notice the beeps getting fainter and further apart. Til one long beep began to emit from the machine. Cami looked around her eyes staring at each machine in turn before her eyes fell upon his heart monitor.

His heart had stopped.

PLEASE REVIEW!
Sign up to rate and review this story