Categories > Comics > Fables > Beneath the Surface

Curious Locks

by Mollyscribbles 0 reviews

Defining traits are just that; but sometimes, more.

Category: Fables - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-03-15 - Updated: 2006-03-16 - 214 words

0Unrated
Every night she was able, Snow White brushed her hair out carefully, stroke by stroke. The ebony waves were as much a part of who she was as her skin, throughout the years.

Her first run-in with Goldilocks resulted in the most severe haircut she'd ever had to deal with, and it was a relief when it finally grew back. She hadn't felt her recovery was progressing fast enough until she reached the point she was able to resume her nightly ritual. That achieved, there was no worry over making it to walking independantly.

With each pass of the brush, the familiar sensation gave her a quiet reassurance that all would be well, situation normal and all's right with the world.

Odd, really, how such dark hair was considered a rarity in the Homelands to the extent that she was known for it. There were a few brunettes in Fabletown, certainly, but the perfect shade of black, flowing in silky waves made her unique. Just another way, really.

She stood at the window and wondered what her mother had been thinking, honestly. She'd have been just as content with another hair color. But that was who she was.

Skin as white as snow

Lips as red as blood

And hair as black as ebony.
Sign up to rate and review this story