Categories > Original > Romance > PROM NIGHT ♥ ♥ ♥

THE MONDAY AFTER ♥ ♥ ♥

by Kaitluvsfob08 0 reviews

Let me know if you liked this series, because this chapter isn't the ending. I have 4 more chapters that I will only post if you leave a good review! :D So if you liked this please tell me so I can...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-12-08 - Updated: 2008-12-08 - 3182 words - Complete

0Unrated
That Monday after the prom, which had been on a Friday, I got ready ready for school that morning like I was overtaken by some sort of trance, maybe of love. I was so happy and secretly excited to go to school. Wow, that was a weird thought, wanting to go to school!
As I came down the steps, my mom gasped, "Wow! You actually have time for breakfast today!". I rolled my eyes but continued on in my hypnotic trance of 'love'. "So you never told me how the prom was, did you have a good time?", my mom asked eagerly.
"It was totally....awesome." That was all I could think of to say to her. She didn't need to know the whole story of that breath-taking night, not yet at least."Thats good." she replied. Then I grabbed my backpack, which was just the right size for my books, and headed out the door. "See ya' mom!", I said before quickening my pace and heading up the sidewalk. I rode to school, silent, not even thinking, just sitting in the bus seat. It was a drab morning, but it was good that it wasn't raining. I met my friends who rode the bus outside. We talked for a bit until it was time to go inside. I was detached though.
Minga could tell, and asked curiously, "What's on your mind,now?"
I was surprised she picked up on my daydreaming, but I noticed that I had been wearing a distant look on my face.
"Oh...sorry. Just a little anxious...."
She then said, "Aw man! There's an Algebra test today isn't there!!!"
I laughed, "Nope.", I replied, then went back to daydreaming.
"Well what is it, then?", she asked eagerly.
"I just have a short attention span today...I guess....", I lied with a heavy sigh.
That was when we went inside and I grinned happily. I can finally see him.

I looked around surreptitiously yet frantically searching for him through the crowd of people going up the stairs to their lockers.
I couldn't find him anywhere, and proceeded to my locker. God, I hated lockers. They were so small, and my coat NEVER fit in there!
So I opened up my locker got half my books for the first part of the day, and slammed it shut. Then I turned around with a sigh, to go into my homeroom.

He was standing right there, blocking my path.

"Oh!", I squeaked pathetically in surprise.
"Hey." he said smoothly, and added in his cute little crooked smile.
I felt like a complete idiot.
"Hi, Evan. I didn't expect to see you there! It's so great to see you again. The weekend was an eternity.", I complained.
"Teh...yeah, I know.", he said in agreement. I couldn't stop smiling though. Just watching his face as he talked was fascinating.
"Well, you seem cheery today, for it being Monday.", he said with amusment. Then I practically flung myself into his arms, right there in the hallway, "I missed you....a lot.", I whispered urgently into his ear as I hugged him tightly. He hugged me too, then he let me go.
"Yeah...", he said distantly. "I tried to look up your phone number, but I couldn't remember your mom's name."
I smiled and said, "Here.", then I unfolded a piece of paper and scribbled my number on it quickly.
"This is my number. I'll see you in Science!", I shouted before we both had to rush into homeroom.

Third period, Science, could not come fast enough. First period English was so slow, and the time dragged by throughout second period Math. When it was finally third period, I pretty much jumped out of my seat. Bre had Math with me, and when we were leaving she said, "Why in the world are you running from class to class like a maniac today!?" I stopped to comprehend her question then said breathlessly, "I gotta go to Science class next!" She laughed, then said sarcastically, "Well god, Kaitlyn, I never knew you loved that class so much!" I tilted my head sideways and gave her that paranoid look I was so good at, then hurried out the door.

To my great pleasure, we were in the lab today, and I went up to Evan as soon as I saw him. "Whats up.", I said, trying to act casual. More like trying to control myself, I thought. "Hi.", he said. He made hello sound like 'You just won a million bucks'. He asked me,"Hey you wanna work with me?"
"Why wouldn't I?", I said and smiled.
The lab we had to do today was exceptionally difficult. I leaned in to look into our microscope. So did Evan. Our heads banged together and we both exclaimed, "Ow!" at the same time and he rubbed his head.
"Oops....sorry....", he said, embarrassed.
"No, it was my fault! I am such a klutz!", I said. Then Chad walked past us and said disgustedly,"Ugh, God. What is this, Beauty and Geek?! I can't concentrate with you two fricken,...lovers, talking all ooey gooey! Ugh!" Then he walked away and some other people stared. We were both totally red. 'Chad is a stupid moron!' I thought. Evan's face was more embarrassed than mine, I understood how he liked to keep his private life private. I patted him on the shoulder and we turned back to the microscope.
Then I laughed randomly. He did too, and we went back to work and ignored Chad's rude comment.

I also had History with him, which we walked to together after lab. We had a test last week in that class, which meant our stupid teacher would have one of his hour long lectures today.
I groaned at the thought and Evan said in response, "History lecture today....I know I hate those."
"Ugh, I know!" I replied. Then I stared at his perfect face the rest of the way to class. I longed to trace the border of his luscious, pink, lips, which protruded from his face looking as if they just wanted to be kissed. I also noticed his huge, dark brown, beauiful, eyes. They were the most perfect eyes I'd ever seen in my life. They were almost black when he wasn't wearing his glasses, I loved them. I wished I could just drown in their color and fullness.
He noticed me staring and looked over at me and asked, "Do I have something on my face?"
I laughed and said, "Teh! No, silly, I was just....I dunno...daydreaming."
He laughed at this and muttered to himself something I didn't catch, then said amusedly, "Am I really worth a daydream?"
I stared at him and then replied, "You are always worth a daydream, or a regular dream. And I'd go through a million nightmares to see your face again. You are a better person than you yourself think. You are worth anything I have and then some."
He gazed at me with a smile and I longed to kiss him, but held back. We would be late for class if we kept on at this pace.

All throughout History, the teacher of course, talked. But Evan and me passed notes back and forth, and we were giggling to ourselves like little grade schoolers. About the sixth time I'd sent the note across, he wasn't looking my way, so I whispered to Alyssa, the girl next to me, to hand the note to Evan, who was to my left one row over. In this case, Evan was on Alyssa's left and I was on Alyssa's right. As soon as I whispered her name, she said loudly, "Huh?", and every single had-been lifeless person looked straight at me. Evan grimaced and looked away. The teacher, Mr. Meraza, who had just been hired a few years before, walked over to where I was sitting and said with authority, "Ms. Grey, is there a problem?" Alyssa wasn't going to say a word and I knew it. I had to say something now. "Uh....I was j-just..."
"Passing notes? Hmmm....I don't usually have a problem with you in this class.", he said and snatched the folded piece of paper out of my hands. 'Please, God, don't let him read it out loud, please, please, please!!!', my mind screamed. He cleared his throat and I prepared for total anialation.
"I will let you off the hook this time, Missy, but if I catch you passing notes during my class again, you shall certainly be givin a detention." I let out a silent sigh of relief. And I saw Evan's completely flawless figure go from tense to calm.

After class we met up at his locker. "That was a close one in class today!" he breathed.
"I know!" I exclaimed. "If he would've read that.....", I said.
"I probably would've crawled right under the desk and evaporated!!!", Evan finished with a look of shock onhis face.
Then I went to put my books in my locker.

Five minutes into lunch, Evan left the table he usually sat at at lunch and walked over smoothly to join me and my friends at our table. I greeted him and my friends looked genuinely amazed that he chose to sit with us.
"Well, Ev, you finally think you are good enough to sit over here with us?", Bre said with a smile.
Evan smiled that irrisistable, sarcastic looking smile at her and said in response,"Oh yeah. I was totally too good for you guys."
Bre and I laughed and we finished our lunch. Evan and me brought our lunches that day along with a few others at the table. At one point, after I had finished saying something to Minga, I caught Evan staring at me out of the corner of my eye. I didn't say anything, but I smiled broadly. Jordan, who was sitting at the table also, had, however, commented on Evan's staring at me.
"Hey Evan! Snap out of it, that look on you face is making me sick, I just ate!", was what Jordan said. That was when I noticed Evan was looking at me so lovingly. It shocked my senses. Then Evan blushed bright red and everyone at the table laughed at him.
Except for me of course. I looked into his eyes and smiled at him.
I then blew him a kiss and said, "Was that enough to make you puke yet, Jordan?", I asked with amusment.
"Ha ha." he said sarcastically.

When lunch was over, my next class was reading. Evan didn't have that class with me. I sat through that whole class, with my mind on my work. I was actually surprised when it was time to go to Gym already. I hated Gym. I walked to the locker rooms and got changed quickly. Then I remembered that Evan was in this class with me. I walked out into the gym only to see Evan a few other classmates stretching in the middle of the floor. I went up to Evan and stretched out too. We were working on floor-hockey in gym this week. Evan wasn't a big sporty guy, he only played soccer, in fact. It didn't bother me that he wasn't the most muscular guy out there. He was still the nicest, most beautiful person anyway. I hated sports. We were alike there I guess. Floor-hockey was pretty fun though. It was histarical when he missed the ball almost every time he tried to hit it. I couldn't help but laugh, and he just stuck his tongue out at my and laughed too.

The day was over after gym. He was a walker, I rode the bus. When we got to the hallway where we'd be going our seperate ways until tomorrow, he said, "See you tomor-" but I threw my arms around him in embrace and kissed him passionatly. When we both released I was gasping for breath and he said, "Bye....I love you....."
"I love you, too", I replied and touched his cheek before heading down the hall where the bus riders go.


When I got home, I was in my room when I thought about our kiss goodbye, and I smiled. I pulled out my cellular phone and dialed his home phone number which I had memorized after he gave me it at lunch. After the phone rang twice, the hardy, gruff, voice of Mr. Saunders answered, "Hello?" I replied.
"Oh. Hi Mr. Saunders, is Evan there?"
He said, "Sure hold on a second, who is this?"
"It's Kaitlyn, from school."
"Oh so you're the one that made that boy all lovey dovey all the time! I swear I thought he'd never-", he stopped there, because
I could hear Evan interrupt him in the background saying, "DAD!!! Give me the phone!" and "C'mon! Seriously, Dad!"
I giggled because this is exactly what my Dad would do.
Then Evan came on the phone and said, "Ugh! Sorry about that, my Dad can be such a pain in the ass."
"Wow, you said a curse word? Better mark that on the calender!", I said sarcastically.
"Well, you know it was the appropriate word, so yeah.", he said back after laughing irresistably.
"Teh...my Dad would do that exact thing. So, you wanna do something tonight?", I asked hopefully.
"On a Monday?"
"Sure, why not? We could go to this pizza place I know, called Ruby's. Their pizza is really good, plus no one is EVER in there, except for Fridays."
"Okay!", he said, convinced. "I am actually getting hungry anyway.", he added.
"Meet me at my house at six-thirty?", I questioned.
"You know it."
Then we hung up.
I sighed. 'What should I wear?', I asked myself. I ended up wearing the pair of jeans I'd bought on the day me and Evan went to the mall, and my Fall Out Boy T-shirt that I got at the concert a few years ago. Then I laced up my Converses and headed downstairs.
"Going somewhere?", my Father asked.
"Uhm...yeah...my...uh boyfriend is going up to Ruby's with me."
The doorbell rang, 'OH CRAP!' I thought. He's here and my Dad is still hanging around.
"Well, I wanna meet him, go get the door, Kait."
"Ah no! Come on Dad, do you have to?"
"Yes, otherwise you aren't going." I scowled and went over to open the door.
"Hey!", Evan said warmly, and I said to him, "My Dad....uh....he wants to meet you..."
"No problem." he said and I held the door for him.
I grimaced as I had to watch this 'interview' unfold. They shook hands and introduced themselves.
"So, you like school Evan?", my dad asked a little too curiously.
"Yeah. It's pretty straight-forward, you know? I usually have A's."
"Yeah?" my dad said. "Well, you were the one she went to the prom with right?"
Evan smiled when my dad asked this and even glanced at me and said, "Yep. She's a great dancer. She taught me you know."
"Wow. So..... do you have a prison record? Drugs? Or are you an illegal immagrant?", my dad asked. I was so appalled at those questions that I grabbed Evan's arm and told my dad off, "Dad, we gotta go now...uh...bye!" I practically dragged Evan out of my house. My dad shouted to me when we were on the side walk, "Be back by ten!" I blushed so much, thank god it was dark, and we kept walking up the street.
"What was that all about?", Evan asked after a few moments, with a grin on his face.
"UGH!!! My dad does that all the time!!!", I growled.
"Oh. That was funny when he asked if I had a prison record. I was thinking, yeah right, my mom would have had my head by now if that were true.", he giggled and I laughed too.
When we stepped into the dinky pizza place, it was dim in there and I said hello to the bartender who I knew. We got a table and the kind man that had worked here like, forever, took our order. We just got a single pie.
We talked between our drinks. It felt so far away, across the table. I wanted to be right next to him. I had to fight the urge, I told myself. When our pizza was finally placed on the table, we both had three pieces and we decided we didn't need to take the other two slices home. I looked at the time. Eight o' clock.
"Hey Ev!", I said. "I have an idea, lets go to your house for a bit."
"Alright, lets get goin then.", he said.

When we got to his house the kitchen and living room lights were on and his street was silent, unlike mine. When we walked inside, Mrs. Saunders greeted us and kissed Evan on the cheek.
Evan wiped his cheek up and down and scowled at her, "Mom..." he groaned, "Did you have to do that?", he whined. He was so cute when he was paranoid. I laughed at him. Then we went upstairs to his room. He told me he had a PS3, and we flipped the switch to turn the console on. We ended up playing Mario Cart, which was fun and I beat him every time.
"How'd you get so good?", he asked, amused.
"I have this game for my DS.", I said. I had rubbed every win in his face.
We both laughed and then it was silent except for the music coming from the video game.
I stared into those brown eyes. They were so beautiful. I wondered what he was thinking right now. He leaned in to my face and brushed his lips against mine. A chill ran down my spine. I closed my eyes softly and he kissed me, softly at first then more passionally. Our lips momentarily pulled apart, and I glaced at the digital clock on the nightstand.As I turned my head Evan proceeded kissing my neck. I read the time. It said eight-fifty-five. Why was I always on a schedule?
"We still have time...", I whispered.
He laughed and I fell backwards on top of him.

By nine-thirty, we were looking at some pictures on his computer of him and me at the prom that Bre had taken,
I said, "Evan, I love you...so much...". He looked at me, his eyes glazed over, and a tear streamed down his cheek. I wiped it off with my warm hand and kissed him on the cheek where the tear had fallen.
"What's wrong?", I asked.
"Nothing is wrong. It's just that everything is so right.", he smiled, so brightly the sun would have been jealous.
I smiled back and said, "That is so sweet."
Then, still smiling, he said, "I love you too."
That was all I needed to hear, I could listen to those words all day.
Sign up to rate and review this story