Categories > Original > Romance > PROM NIGHT ♥ ♥ ♥

A GOOD COMBACK ♥ ♥ ♥

by Kaitluvsfob08 0 reviews

I am recovering from our camping trip fatality now, and we all end up having a great time!

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-12-10 - Updated: 2008-12-10 - 2619 words - Complete

0Unrated
I wasn't allowed to return to school until the last day in April. I still had to be careful, though. My stitches wouldn't be able to be removed until the first week in May. I also had my broken arm in a cast, not to mention the bruises and soreness. I couldn't do much, and I felt utterly useless. Evan's wound had basically healed by now, and his stitches were already removed. He stopped by my house everyday until I was able to go back to school, and today was my first day back.

I packed my bookbag and prepared for todays boring day at school. When I walked up the street to the bus, I noticed that it was decently warm this morning, my nose wasn't cold. I liked this unusal, early warmth and wore a satisfied grin at the bus stop. At school, my friends asked me endless questions, and they had to of course sign my stupid cast. I hated this attention. I also hated how many people asked to sign my cast. It was extremely annoying and I didn't need anymore attention than I already had. They had put an artical in the paper about 'A Fatal Stabbing At Campground'. I got weird looks from pretty much half the school, and school hadn't even started yet. I felt so awkard. The only thing I liked about this cast was that Evan had signed it and his signature was the biggest, which forced everyone to sign around it in smaller, less important looking letters.

First period was a drag. It went by so slow because it was so boring. Math was equally boring and when Science finally came I almost sighed in relief. Well, now I could talk to Evan.
"Hey.", Evan said. He was stilled a bit convinced that the whole incident was his fault.
"Hey.", I said back. "Cheer up! You know that was not our fault, and I'll keeping telling you that until it sticks in your head like all of your school work does!", I added quite convincingly.
"It always feels my fault.", he said, his voice was lined with guilt.
"Well, its definatly not your fault, not one little bit. Don't bring yourself down like this."
Just then class started and we were assigned our lab worksheet. We worked together concentrating solely on our work.
After Science, we both made our way to History. "No passing notes today!" he said with a smile.
"Yeah.", I laughed. "It seems like that happened a century ago....", I added.
Once in History class, the teacher welcomed me back. In front of the entire class, I might add. This teacher was really beginning to irk me.

At lunch, Evan sat with us along with the rest of my usual crew. I did catch a few people whispering and staring at me, but I decided this would go on for a while and I'd just have to get over it. I had a great idea that immediatly voiced to everyone at the table. "Hey, I have an awesome idea!", I exclaimed.
"What?", Bre asked.
"Well, Knoebels opens next week, and we should all go together on the ninth."
"That sounds like a lot of fun, who's in?", Minga asked. Everyone agreed, which meant me, Evan, Bre, Minga, Lindsey, Jordan, Fergie, Alisia, Leslie, C.J., and Austin would go. That would be so fun, plus I'd already have my stitches out by then. I was very satisfied with our plan, and another try at fun.

By the time the day came that we'd be going to Knoebels, it was a Thursday, and despite it being a weekday, this was an Act-80 day, which meant no students had school. I felt better than ever as I woke up to the sound of the song "Valentine's Day" by Linkin Park blaring from my digital alarm clock that morning and the sun shone brightly through my thin curtains. I left the song play, because I loved the song. I stretched and looked around for what to wear. I glanced at the clock. It was almost exactly seven o' clock. I then decided on my favorite pair of jeans and a band t-shirt.
I thought about the possibility of it being cold at night, and grabbed a black hoodie. I picked up a small drawstring backpack and stuffed the hoodie inside it. I made my way downstairs, and my mother was already up.
"Bright and early, eh?", she said curiously.
"Yup. We are all going in Bre's Blazer, she's coming for me at eight-thirty.", I replied. I had some cereal and updated my Myspace and went to watch television until Bre showed up.

At about eight-thirty, as promised, Bre pulled up outside and I grabbed my drawstring and quickly headed out the door.
"See ya later, Mom."
"Stay out of trouble this time,please!", she said and I turned and got into the car. It seemed like there was people shoved into every corner of the car.
"Just find a seat anywhere.", Jordan said.
"Leslie had to go somewhere today and Alisia isn't feeling good, plus Fergie got dragged to a wedding so they couldn't come.", I heard Bre say.
"Aw, man. That's too bad, oh well they are the ones missing out now!", I said.
"Sit between Evan and Jordan.", Lindsey suggested. I climbed over Lindsey and Jordan and sat down. I smiled at Evan and my eyes fluttered closed as he kissed my nose. That must have inspired Lindsey, because she kissed Jordan a moment after.

The car ride was pretty bumpy and extremely cramped. About halfway there, we had to pull over because C.J. ended up getting car-sick. It was not a pretty sight, but he was all right after releasing all of the contents of his stomach. By the time we got there it was only nine-thirty.
"We've got another half hour til this place opens, let's hang out for a while.", Austin said after we parked and got out of the Blazer.
"Okay, thats good, we can just wait it out until they open the gates.", Lindsey said. The half hour wasn't long. We all headed to the ticket booth at exactly ten o' clock. We all payed for ourselves, and decided we'd put our money together only for food. We all got waters and figured out what to do first.
"Well, we should just hit the closest thing to us, then just work our way around the rest of the park, that way we won't be walking in all directions.", C.J. said.
"Okay well lets go on the Cosmotron first.", Bre said. Then she added, "Thats still the best ride ever!"
We all headed there and showed our handstamps. The first song they played was an AC/DC one, I didn't know which, then 'Misery Business' by Paramore. It was great.

At about noon, our group split up. Bre and C.J. went with Lindsey and Jordan off to get french fries. Evan and I and Minga and Austin headed to the pizza and a drink. We split the cost of pizza and found a seat.
"So, how do you feel today?", Evan asked me.
"I feel great, you?" , I asked sarcastically.
"Oh, you know what I mean!", he laughed.
"I am perfectly fine, nothing hurts or anything. It's all good.", I said.
"Good.", he answered back. Then he took a bite of his pizza. I looked over at the aging ride on the opposite side of the stage which was outside of the fence and said, "I remember going on that with Minga and Bre when I was younger.", I said happily.
"Yeah?", Evan said. "That's a pretty cool ride."
"It always used to scare me when it dropped, since you never knew when it would."
"It sounds like and explanation of life.", he said. Then he added, "First it goes up, up, up, then when you least expect it, it drops suddenly and radically. Then it goes back to the top again."
"I guess so.", I said.

After lunch, we all headed to the rollercoasters. I was a little uneasy, and I didn't know how to break it to everyone else that I was very afraid of coasters. I walked up behind Minga as Evan started a conversation with Austin and I whispered in her ear, "Minga, I don't like rollercoasters one little bit, what should I do?"
"Well, me neither. I just can't think of a way to say so to everyone else. I am NOT riding one of those things!"
"Teh. Lets put our thoughts together....", I replied. But then Lindsey, Bre, Jordan, and C.J. showed up and we were standing in front of the timeless rollercoaster called 'The Phoenix'. I saw the cart of the coaster speeed down the giant looking hill.
"Uhm... I don't think so...", I turned as if to walk away.
"Uhm, YES!", Evan said to me, grabbing onto my wrist.
"I am so not going on that....that.....that thing!!!", Minga said to Evan, reading my thoughts.
"Oh, c'mon!", Bre persuaded. "It's really fun!" Then me and Minga both questioned at the same moment, "FUN?"
"Rollercoasters are awesome, there's nothing to be afraid of, guys!", C.J. tried to reassure.
"Don't laugh....but...I've never ever been on a rollercoaster...", I said, as Jordan held back histarics. I slappped him on the arm and Lindsey said, "Hey!", giggling a bit.
"Well it's true....I hate rollercoasters.", I stated.
"How do you hate them if you've never been on one?", Lindsey asked.
"That's pretty easy...", Minga muttered, taking my side as she glanced at the cart which roared down the hill once more.
"You can go on with me.", Evan said as if that was convincing enough.
"No way! I am way too afraid!", I said stubbornly. Evan made a face. I heard Minga and Austin argueing in the background.
"FINE! I'LL GO ON THE FRICKEN ROLLERCOASTER, GOD DAMMIT!!!"
"Now all we need is you.....we're all going on, so are you!", Bre said finally. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the line. I tried to talk her out of it, saying things like, "C'mon, don't do this to me!!!" and "I'll pay for your food?!". Evan just rolled his eyes, laughed and said, "You're not getting out of this one. Come and stand next to me, you want to be in my cart, don't you?"
"Of course! Oh, how am I going to survive this!", I said nervously.
"You survive a brutal stabbing and you're afraid of rollercoasters?", Jordan said. I scowled and folded my arms.

By the time we got up to about fourth place in line, I was shaking a bit.
Evan grasped my hand in his own. It was warm, welcoming, I never wanted to let go.
He leaned close to my ear and whispered into it, "This will be fun, you'll see. Nothing bad will happen.....not this time. I'll be here, and I'll be there for you this time if things get bad. I will make sure this is fun."
Before I could protest, since he was clearly accusing himself of my trip to the hospital, the ticket-taker ushered us into the station to get into our carts. The couples all sat next to each other, since it was two to a seat. Bre and C.J. together, Lindsey and Jordan together, Minga and Austin together. Then of course me and Evan together. I was shaking badly now, and Evan could tell just how afraid I was of rollercoasters. I smuthered my face into the sleeve of his jacket.
"Don't do that, it won't be any fun if you don't watch silly!", he said in his irresistable tone. I grasped the safety bar in front of me and suddenly the coaster started to move. I extanged a look at Evan, and Bre looked back at me to see if I was okay. She held a thumbs up, and I held a thumbs up right back, to reassure her. Then she turned around, and I got the sickly look back on my face again. Evan laughed at my facial expression. The coaster began to climb the highest hill. I took in a breath and shakily let it back out. Then, we were at the top of the hill. I grabbed Evan's arm tightly, and then the cart turned up and over the hill. I gasped, so loudly it seemed as if everyone heard it. Air blew my hair everywhere, and all I heard was the wind whipping and everyone else scream. I didn't scream. I had used all of my energy just getting worked up. Before I knew it, the carts were working their way around the remaining small hills and turning and twisting. I stared straight ahead.

We all stepped out of our carts and met at the benches that were outside of the rollercoaster's entrance. Everyone stared at me. I knew what they wanted to know. "That....that...", I studdered.
"THAT was GREAT!", I breathed out and smiled. Evan put his arm around my shoulder in a tight half-hug. He laughed and said, "See, I knew you'd like it, you just have to try knew things is all."
"Yeah, I said that to Minga last night in bed...", Austin said with a grin. Minga flushed red and slapped Austin playfully on the arm. Me and everyone else exchanged looks of disgust.
"Let's all go and ride the Fandango.", Bre suggested.
"I thought you hated that ride?", Minga questioned.
"Not anymore! Let's go!", she said and dragged everyone in that direction.

At around nine o' clock at night, we all headed our seperate ways, whether to buy souveneirs or catch a ride for the last time before the park closed at ten. Me and Evan headed for the chair swings/ Italian trapeze.
"Are we gonna fit in these things?", he giggled.
"They're for little kids, I think. You'll fit.", I said sarcastically. He laughed and grinned his classic brace-face grin. I felt like an idiot for having names for his types of smiles. I sat in my swing and hung there until the ticketer started the ride.
It was a chilly night, as I had expected. I was wearing my hoodie and gripping the icy bars of my swing. I felt the cold air hitting my cheeks but looked at the trees and water below. It was beautiful tonight.

After the ride was over, me and Evan walked to the ice-cream stand. We ended up seeing Lindsey and Jordan there, we didn't do anything but giggle a little as we walked past them, they looked like they didn't want to be disturbed from their huge make-out session.
"Don't laugh, that could be us.", I said with a hint of sarcasm. "But someone practically refuses kissing in the public eye."
"Who said that?", he whispered sarcastically, as his gaze met mine and locked. Our eyes were like puzzle pieces being snapped into their place. He grabbed the back of my head and leaned inward. He closed in for the kill, or in this case, the kiss. Our lips met and it was like the first time. Amazingly electrifying was the only thing I could describe it by. But I didn't want to think. I wanted to just kiss him and kiss him until hell boiled over and heaven fell apart.

On the drive home, everyone seemed pretty mellow, or calm. I just sat, my eyelids growing heavy, next to Evan. I layed my head on his shoulder, and his head went against mine. Then we fell asleep, though quite early, with our hands closed together as one.
Sign up to rate and review this story