Categories > Original > Romance > PROM NIGHT ♥ ♥ ♥

GRADUATION ♥ ♥ ♥

by Kaitluvsfob08 0 reviews

This is the time when all of our friends go seperate ways. This time is very sad but in the end you'll see what we become...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-12-10 - Updated: 2008-12-10 - 2857 words - Complete

0Unrated
June seventh. A life changing day it would be. June seventh was graduation day. I still couldn't get over the fact that all of this was going to be over. What would I do with my life now? I have a job, sure. I have a wonderful boyfriend, of course. I have awesome friends, yes. But what do I do? I will have to get a serious job, but what will I live for, my purpose is what? These were the thoughts that flew through my mind on the day before graduation, June 7th, 2013. What then, after I graduate?

I hung around Evan all day at school on Thursday, the day before it would happen. I was pretty detached at lunch, I couldn't do anything but ponder my confused thoughts.
"What are you thinking?", Evan asked. He was the Valedictorian to-be. I was so happy for him. When he found out, I cried for him. I was overjoyed for him. We had some thorough celebrating that night.
"I...I...I just can't imagine never having to come back here....to sit through Mr. Meraza's speeches, or the morning announcements, or homework...It will all be wrong. My schedule will feel so corrupt. It'll be like a permanent summer vacation, only this time all the seasons will go by, and I'll never see this place again.....ever."
"Aren't you happy to finally be graduating?", Lindsey asked.
"Well of course!", I exclaimed. "Why wouldn't I be, it's just that.....I am truly going to miss this place."
"We won't go away! We'll always hang out together! Nothing is going to change, alright?!", Bre said, and put her hand in the middle of the table motioning for everyone else to do the same.
"On three, we all agree, we're going stay friends no matter what.", I said and we all put our hands in.
"One, two, three, YEAH!!!", we all shouted. Tears ran down Lindsey's face, and I felt some well up into my eyes, but I choked them back hastily. Jordan comforted Lindsey. How could we all possibly stay in touch?

Lying on my bed after school that day, tears wet my pillow. How would I live without the everyday company of friends? Without classes, or projects? I'll literally be bored to death. I cried until my pillow was so wet, I couldn't bare the coldness of it. Someone tapped my shoulder, I turned my head which was buried in my pillow, up to look into the eyes of the beautiful person standing before me. I immediatly turned off the radio next to my bed, which was of course playing Fall Out Boy.
"Evan? What are you doing here?", I sniffled and asked.
"Well, apparently I'm comforting you. Why are you crying now?", he asked with such curiosity.
"I am just sad....sad about school, and friends, and graduation. Oh Evan!", I squeaked. "What will I do? I will have no real job, and I don't want to live with my parents anymore!", I threw my arms around him and sobbed into his shirt.
"Shhh....it's alright.", he whispered. "I don't have a real job either, but I have a plan. My Dad gave me some money....for a house I mean. He says he didn't want me to hang around after graduation, you know, to move and get a good job....well....I was thinking.....and that's why I'm here."
"Well, what did you conclude?" I asked extremely wondering now.
"Well, I am moving to Chicago to pursue my career as a doctor, and well, I......I came to ask you if you wanted to move there with me.....you know, we could just go to college over there...", his eyes were pleading as he said this. They were like a liquid night sky, al starry eyed and dark looking.
"Oh my god, Evan!”, was all I could manage.
“It’s alright if you don’t want to,...I’d understand....”, he said sadly.
“Oh Evan!!! Of course I will move there with you!!! Why wouldn’t I? I love you Evan.”, I said and tears came steadily now. Evan smiled and hugged me for the longest time.
“I love you too. And that will never change for as long as I live, if not longer.”, he said in barely a whisper with his hand clutching my shoulder tightly now.
“Yes, and when will we move?”, I asked happily.
“Well, I’m thinking as soon as possible. Maybe....we could be moved by the end of the month, you think?”
“Oh, thank you Evan! I love you so much, this is going to work out just perfect! I have always wanted to move to Chicago.”, I said and smiled bright as can be.
I kissed him softly before he left my bedroom to go back to his house and let his parents know of the news.


It was finally graduation day. I was no longer nervous, but eager. I wanted so much to get my diploma, now. My friends were at my sides, dressed in their caps and gowns. Out of my group of friends, I was first to be called to get my diploma. I was so happy when they finally announced my name and went to get my diploma as everyone beamed and clapped. Next was Bre, then Minga’s boyfriend Austin, then Minga, then Lindsey, then Lindsey’s boyfriend Jordan, then finally Bre’s beloved boyfriend C.J. I hadn’t forgotten about Evan, for he was Valedictorian. I was so happy through out his entire speech. It was riveting. He did a very good job on writing it. I ran up and hugged him after the ceremony. He kissed me roughly with tears of accomplishment and joy overpowering him and streaming down his cheeks. I wiped away the tears, and our parents just had to take zillions of pictures. This was truly the happiest moment of my life so far. My friends, my boyfriend, and I all went out for a black tie dinner. Evan looked just dashing in a suit, even better than he looked at prom. I told my friends about how I’d be moving, but how we’d have to keep in touch. Bre seemed really happy for me, but disapointed all the same. We had been friends since kindergarden, and I have rarely been apart from her. She is like my sister, but she would just have to visit. All in all we had a great time.

A few weeks later, Evan had his graduation party. I had bought a pretty sun dress and of course my mom made me wear heels. At least I looked good, though. I greeted Evan at the door and handed him my graduation gift. It wasn’t much, but I gave him a hundred dollars in his card. Later when he opened his gift, he said so many thank yous and said he loved it. It was a beautiful picture frame, with a picture of the two of us and all of our friends with all of our diplomas. Later when we were sitting alone after most everyne had gone home, he was still holding the picture. He put his arm around my shoulders and said, ”I love this picture. We are all so happy together.”, he said, with a single tear falling down his face and onto the picture. He smeared the water from his eyes across his face and I kissed him softly. I guess the D.J. caught us, and started playing a song. I gasped when I heard which one it was, and hugged Evan tightly. It was our song. ‘I’m Like A Lawyer With The Way I’m Always Trying to Get You Off’, we both classified as ‘ours’. Well, that’s what he played. He took my waist and shoulder in his arms, and we danced. I had taught him this slow dance, I thought. The song was a bit fast to dance this slow, but we didn’t care. No one else was in sight, everyone had already left besides the kitchen staff and the bar tender.I rested my head on his shoulder as we danced, and we danced until the song was all over, and the D.J. smiled broadly and clapped and I kissed Evan so passionatly after that. We finally left the dance hall, hand in hand. We got into his car and he drove me home.

The next couple of weeks were so hectic. I was sorting all of my belongings into boxes and bags. I really had more than I originally thought, but I was almost done. Evan had finished packing by now, and occasionally helped me pack. After I had finally packed the last thing, I had to make some visitations. Evan and I visited mostly all of my relatives, to say goodbye, most of them told me to ‘Come visit when you aren’t too busy’ and ‘Don’t forget me when you move off to college, now!’. When I finally made it to my Aunt Krista’s house, I knocked on the door.
She answered the door and said, “Oh hey! What’s up Kait! And.....you!”, she laughed and said to Evan. This was the first time they met.
“Krista, meet Evan. Evan, meet Krista.”, I said delightedly.
“Hi.”, Evan said. He was adorable when he was shy.
“So you’re Evan Saunders, huh? About what I expected...”, she said. I blushed but he laughed and we all laughed and went inside to sit down.
“Well, I don’t know if you heard or not, but.....I’m moving to Chicago with Evan.”, I said calmly and simply.
“Oh.....that should be nice.”, she said with a look of astonishment.
“Yeah, uhm, I’m going to college there, and I didn’t want to go without Kaitlyn.”, Evan explained.
“Aww....that’s so nice!”, she said.
Then she added, “You have grown up so fast, I can still remeber when you first told me about Evan in seventh grade. Oh, you were so obsessed with him! It was adorable, and look at you guys now....wow....”, she exclaimed with a smile. Evan exchanged a glance with me and squeezed my hand. I practically felt the warm, pure, blood running through his perfect veins.
“I hope you two are happy together.”, my aunt said.
“We leave tomorrow morning, and don’t worry, we’ll visit, just as long as you visit us too.”, I said as I looked over at Evan, who looked distant for a moment, but then smiled at me. We didn’t leave until ten o’ clock at night, then again we didn’t arrive until eight. But I had already put all of my boxes at Evan’s house. I slept there tonight.

The next morning, we packed all of our boxes into the small U-Haul which we rented, and Evan said his last goodbyes to his parents.
“Evan, we are going to miss you so much! We’ll be coming to visit you at the end of the semester!”, Evan’s mom said, tears cascading down her cheeks.
“Kaitlyn, you take care of our little boy.”, Evan’s mother said. I hugged Evan tightly and took him by the hands.
“I will. And he will take care of me too.”, I said back to them, and Evan smiled at me, and his father patted him on the back.
We had both already said goodbye to our best friends, and headed to my parents house.
I thought to myself, ”Oh no. This is going to be so embarrassing.” We pulled up out front of my house and left the car idle in the middle of the road. I hugged my mother and father tightly.
“If you guys ever need anyhing just call us.”, my dad said seriously.
“And be sure to visit at Christmas time, we love you.”, my mom said, fighting back tears.
“I love you too mom, dad.” I nodded. Evan gave my parents one last smile before opening my door for me. I got into the car and waved them goodbye. The real life had just begun.


It took us til about nine at night to get to Chicago. We had left at seven AM. We had planned on staying at this nice hotel until we had some time to find an apartment. We lived for a few months, searching for a nice temporary apartment, in the hotel. I got a job waitressing right in the hotel’s restaurant, and we found that we both got accepted to a local university. Our days of college were slow and hard-working, but we knew it would pay off. We even found time to visit our parents for holidays. Eventually we bought a nice medium sized home. We kept in touch with our friends, I graduated from colledge a few years later and Evan was almost ready to get his degree as a docter. We had a steady income with my job, as a lawyer, and we would be able to afford a big house that we always wanted after Evan would get his job at the big hospital in the middle of the city. Our life was pretty good.


~ 4 YEARS LATER ~


Halfway through his last college year, Evan and I flew out to good old PA for Christmas. It was my parent’s turn to host our Christmas dinner, and we would go to Evan’s parent’s house on Christmas day. Evan hadn’t said much to me on the flight there. It was quiet on the plane, and I longed for him to say something to start a conversation, since I could think of nothing.

Once at my parent’s house, Evan seemed more at ease.
“Ugh, how ‘bout that plane ride. Planes give me the creeps.”, Evan said. So now I knew. He did look a little queasy. Why hadn't I thought of that?
“It was okay. I mean a little turbulance, is all.”, I said calmly.
“I can’t wait to eat. I’m starving.”, my dad complained.
“Me neither.” , I agreed.

During dinner, me, my mom, my dad, my sisters, and Evan all sat at the table. My mom made turkey, potatoes, vegetables and cheesecake. Just before she gave everyone who wanted one a piece of cake, Evan stood up.”What was he going to say? Something embarrassing? Oh god...” I looked at him thoughtfully as he cleared his throat. I began sweating bullets.
“Well, everyone, as you know, I am a little over halfway through my long process of my last year in colledge. I thought about this for a while, and I have finally come to an absolute conclusion.”, he said .
Then he continued, “I have a very important question to ask of you Kaitlyn.” He pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket and I knew what was coming. “Kaitlyn Grey, will you marry me?”, he asked this so pleadingly as if the simple word that I would say would please him enough for a lifetime. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I wiped the waterfalls that were now pouring down my cheeks away. To his question I replied, “Yes. Yes I...I will!”, I studdered.
My family clapped and my mom was crying. I kissed Evan first, for he would be the love of my life. We would live together forever and for always. Then I hugged my mother. Evan’s smile was that of a jack-o-lantern’s all night long. He hadn’t let go of my hand for most of the night. My hand was all clammy now but it was well worth it. Holding his hand was like flying. I loved him more than ever now, and I couldn't think of a way to show it, to surpass his proposal.

When we finally dragged ourselves up to bed, I sighed. My life was complete.What more could I ask for? Evan gently layed down in the spare bed next to me which now inhabited my old bedroom. He turned over on his side and said, ”Thank you.”
“For what?”, I whispered curiously.
“For saying yes.I dunno what I would have done if you....said no. I’d be lost without you.”, he said simply. It made my heart throb with affection.
“You don’t have to thank me for loving you. It’s such an easy thing to do, and what did you think I’d say? No? I would never...”, I whispered quietly into his ear. He looked me in the eyes, his lovely brown pupils gazing into my eyes. I was the luckiest girl on the planet.
“I love you Evan.”, I said meaning it very much.
“I love you too, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”, he replied. Then he kissed me and I held him closer.
I was happy to know that I could live with him forever and ever, to have two rings joining us as one, and soon, that day would come.
Sign up to rate and review this story