Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 25

by flawedrainbow 2 reviews

-Evie- R&R

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-12-18 - Updated: 2008-12-19 - 1917 words

0Unrated
-Evie’s POV-

I rested my head on Brendon’s chest as we slow danced along to the music. It was amazing how good he made me feel, just by being here.

“You look beautiful Eve.” He whispered into my ear, causing me to shiver.
“Thanks. You look quite dashing yourself.” I giggled, reaching up and pecking his cheek.
He pulled me closer to him and rested his chin atop my head before pecking it gently.

“Have you gone back home yet?” Brendon asked once the song had finished, leading me over to a booth.
I shook my head, “I... I-” I couldn’t put how I felt into words at that moment.
“Sister of mine!” Ryan exclaimed, wrapping his arms around me in a tender hug.
“Brother of mine!” I laughed back, sneaking a glance at Brendon who was smiling at the two of us.

“You gonna come home with me tonight?” Ryan asked me.
“Umm... I will if you don’t leave me alone.” I replied, hoping he’d agree.
“Of course! I wouldn’t just leave you! What kind of a brother do you think I am?!” he asked dramatically, failing at keeping up the charade once he broke out into laughter.

“Bren, you can come too y’know?” Ryan said, but Brendon shook his head.
“I promised my ‘rents I’d go over to theirs tonight. I’ll come over in the morning though.” He smiled.
“Alright.” Ryan replied.

I covered my mouth as I yawned deeply, thinking that I could fall asleep in Brendon’s arms at the moment.
“Tired Eve?” Brendon whispered, I nodded tiredly.
“I’ll take her home. Just tell the others for us kay?” Ryan said, grabbing his jacket and sliding it back on.

I tiredly got up from the booth and out of Brendon’s arms, stretching my back slightly once I had done so.
“Bye baby, I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” He told me with a smile before kissing me lovingly.
“I love you.” I whispered with a smile.
“Love you too beautiful. Have a good sleep.”

“Ry?” I whispered as we walked to the front door.
“Relax, I’m here.” He said, grabbing my hand tightly to show he was.
“Ok.” I replied quietly, letting Ryan open the door and gently pull me in behind him.

“Evie? Oh Ryan!” Adrienne exclaimed, running up to Ryan and hugging him.
“Evie, are you ok sweetheart?” Adrienne asked as she looked at me.
I nodded once and kept my head down and my hand interlocked with Ryan’s.

“Evie? Can we talk to you?” a man’s voice came from behind Adrienne.
I looked up and saw Tony standing there, with a hopeful look on his face.
“Uh... can Ryan stay?” I asked quietly.
“Sure.” Adrienne said with a small smile.

We all sat in the lounge room, me next to Ryan and Adrienne and Tony in front of us.

“So... I understand you didn’t take my uhh-news very well the other night, but I have to tell you that it was not my fault,” Tony began, making me feel confused, “I was with your mother for years, until one day she decided to leave. No reason, just poof! Gone. Anyways, a few months later, I heard from one of my friends who saw her walking around that she looked heavily pregnant. I-It shocked me to say the least, but at the same time I was ecstatic! I always wanted children. So I called her parents who told me her number so I called her. Needless to say she didn’t pick up.

“I tried for weeks and weeks which then turned into months but nothing. So around 6 or 7years later, I saw the both of you walking around. Probably a few streets away from here. Anyways, I went straight up to her and she began to yell at me, all sorts of nonsense. It was then that I realised that she was completely high on drugs and not knowing what she was doing,” Tony sighed sadly, “She ran away, pulling you with her... and that was the last time I ever saw the both of you. I never stopped looking for you, I heard from my friends that she took you to New York, then Maryland, then Vegas... apparently she moved all over the US! But then I found out, only a few weeks ago, that she left you in the streets, not long after I saw you when you were 6 or 7 and OD’d... b-but now, I’ve got you back in my life and-please don’t hate me. If I’d have known where you were or what happened, I would have come straight for you and looked after you... I promise you that.” Tony finished, his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

Tears were leaking down my face. My mother was a drug addict. My mother didn’t even let my father know. My mother left me in the streets and then overdosed... this was a lot to take in.

“Tony.” Adrienne nudged him, knocking me out of my thoughts.
“Uhh, well, I know this is all a lot to take in at the moment but-” the doorbell chimed.
“I’ll get it.” Adrienne said quickly, jumping up from her seat and rushing to the door.
I remained silent as I heard a male voice from the doorway, seeing if I could make out who it was. But I couldn’t. I didn’t know the person, and it scared me.

Adrienne came back into the living room with a boy who looked to be my age or a tad bit older. He had blue eyes, brown hair, and pale skin. He was also tall and slim with slight definition of muscles peering through his grey shirt he was wearing. He was also wearing black skinny jeans and had a pair of sunglasses perched atop his head... which was off because it was night-time.

“Sup dad? What did you need me for?” he asked with a smile.
My eyes widened as I looked between the two. The boy looked just like Tony. They both had blue eyes, brown hair and pale skin... wait! I-I did too.
“Nathan, this is D-I mean, this is Evie.” He said, almost calling me a different name.

“Ok? So?” he asked, obviously not getting what his father was trying to imply.
Tony sighed and rubbed his temples, “Delilah. It’s Delilah.” He told him, causing Nathan’s eyes to go wide.
“D-Delilah?” he asked Tony, whom nodded in response.

“Who the hell is Delilah?” I asked confused.
“You. That was your name given at birth by your mother.” Tony replied, causing my eyes to widen.
“When’s my birthday?” I asked hurriedly, needing answers.
“June 14th 1990.” Nathan answered for me.
“How do you know?” I asked with an eyebrow raised.
“Easy. I’m your t-”

“Not up to that part yet.” Tony interrupted quickly, causing Nathan to quieten.
“Can somebody please explain what’s happening?” I asked, my voice quaking in the middle, causing Ryan to pull me closer to him and kiss my temple to calm me down.
“You see, when your mother was pregnant, I obviously found out but... I was there for the birth and it turned out she was pregnant with twins. You and Nathan.”

“But I thought you said that you couldn’t find her.” I interrupted.

“Yes, that was after. A day or so after the both of you were born; I was sitting in the nursery holding Nathan when I saw that your crib was empty. So I placed Nathan in his and walked to your mother’s room to see if she had you... and she did. She’d taken off from the hospital and had taken you with her. So I raised Nathan here, and we moved around a lot to find you. But we didn’t.”

“Until now.” Nathan smiled at me, causing me to smile back shyly before looking away.
“Ok... let me get this straight ok? My real name is Delilah, I have a twin called Nathan, you Tony are my father, my mother was a drug addict who took me from the hospital to leave me on the streets years later and to eventually OD and my birthday is June 14th 1990?” I asked.
“You forgot the part about me being absolutely awesome but that’s about it.” Nathan smiled, causing me to giggle.

“Yes. That’s about it. Now, do you mind if we call you Delilah or do you prefer Evie?” Tony asked.
“I honestly don’t care.” I replied.
“Ok then-”
“Wait!” I exclaimed, causing everyone’s eyes to dart to me, “What’s my last name?” I asked quietly.
Tony smiled at me warmly, “Rose.”

“Delilah Rose... I like it.” I smiled, happy I knew who I was.
“Hey Dee? Do you think maybe... we could hang out for a while? I’d like to get to know my baby sister.” Nathan smiled at me.
“Uhh,” I looked at Ryan who smiled and nodded, “Sure.” I replied.
“Awesome! We’ll be back in an hour or so!” Nathan exclaimed, grabbing my wrist excitedly and pulling me out of the house.

“So,” Nathan started as we ate our ice cream, both choosing strawberry as our favourites, “you really had no idea did you?”
I shook my head, “You obviously know the whole story but no, I had absolutely no idea.”
“I feel so close to you now.” He stated.
“Really?” I asked happily.
He nodded, “Yeah. I mean, I know we’re twins and all, but... I feel extremely close and protective of you.” He smiled.

“So... got a boyfriend?” he asked, causing me to blush.
“Got a girlfriend?” I replied in the same tone, causing him to laugh.
“I do, her names Amelia De Van and I’ve been with her for 3 years. Your turn.”
“Uhh, his names Brendon Urie and we’ve been dating for uhh... month or more? I don’t exactly remember.” I replied embarrassedly, chuckling.

“Ooh young love!” Nathan exclaimed dramatically.
I giggled, “Yeah... so where do you live?” I asked curiously.
“Well my dear, I live in the city of Chicago in an apartment.” He replied.
“Nice.” I stated.
“Yeah, you should come and visit someday.” He smiled as we threw our ice-cream rubbish in the bin.
“Yeah, sounds good.” I smiled before yawning.

“Well. Let’s get you home shall we?” Nathan smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder before leading me home.
“Hey, you said ‘baby sister.’ How much older than me are you?” I asked curiously.
“Around 4 minutes.” He replied.
“Jesus I feel sorry for... her.” I mumbled the last part, feeling tears begin to pool in my eyes.
“Hey, it’s alright.” Nathan said, putting his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into him in a protective manner.

“Come on.” Nathan said, using my key to unlock the door before leading me over to the couch.
He sat down first and helped me down, pulling me close to him once again.
“Are you gonna fall asleep?” Nathan whispered.
I nodded tiredly and rested my head on his chest to get comfortable. He reached behind us carefully and wrapped a blanket over the both of us before wrapping his arms around me.

“Alright. Goodnight Dee.” He whispered again, kissing my head gently.
“G’night Nathan.” I whispered back before letting sleep take over.
Sign up to rate and review this story