Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Only Sunshine

Please Don't Despair

by ipanicdaily 5 reviews

"The world sucks Frankie." Gerard said with misery but truth. "Unfortunately, we'll never be accepted. We just have to learn to ignore the ignorant pricks."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-12-24 - Updated: 2008-12-25 - 2964 words - Complete

0Unrated
"I kicked your ass Toro!" Gerard chimed merrily as the game ended. Ray smiled then hung his head in shame so Melissa wrapped her arms around Ray's neck and kissed his cheek.

"Shh!" Mikey said through his soft laughter. "Frank's sleeping."

"Is he ok?" Bob asked Gerard as the controller was passed to him. "He seems very exhausted lately."

"You've noticed too, huh?" Gerard said, resting his arm over Frank's shoulders as Frank used Gerard's lap for a pillow. "I don't want to say anything and upset him but I'm starting to worry."

"Maybe you can convince him to see a doctor..." Melissa suggested and everyone laughed some more.

"Just drag him there." Ray said, wrapping his arms around Melissa while Mikey took the other controller.

"And let him kill me?" Gerard rested his head on the couch since he and Frank, as well as Mikey, sat on the floor.

"He'll get over it." Bob said as he chose the settings for the game.

"But think Gee," Mikey said as he waited for Bob to get the game set, "if it's for his health..."

"Maybe." Gerard pushed the bangs from Frank's face. "I'll talk to him about it."

"Don't let him talk you out of it." Ray said a little sternly. "I really think he needs to see a doctor." Gerard sighed heavily as he continued to stroke Frank's face.

"Unfortunately, so do I." He mumbled and Frank whined a little, moving slightly but staying asleep. "It's just, whenever he's sick my mind always snaps to the worst case scenario and then I start freaking out about it, driving him insane."

"I'm sure he's fine." Bob said, finished thing the game settings so he and Mikey could play. "Why don't you get him upstairs to bed for now?"

"Be my guest." Gerard replied with a smile. Bob gave him a sarcastic smile back but Gerard figured that was probably the best thing to do at the moment. He gently shook Frank until he woke him up. "Hey babe, why don't you go upstairs and lay down instead of on the hard floor and me?"

"no...'m playin..." Frank mumbled, repositioning himself.

"Frank," Mikey spoke but didn't remove his eyes from the tv as he raced Bob in Mario Kart, "you've been asleep for the past hour or so."

"Why don't you go upstairs where it's quiet and more comfortable?" Ray asked.

"'m fine." Frank mumbled, pulling his knees to his chest.

"Frank, upstairs." Gerard said, Frank whining a little in response. "G'up." He said and continued to shake Frank until he finally got him to sit up; Frank rubbing his eyes and yawning. Gerard stood up then reached a hand down to Frank who took it then got pulled up by Gerard. "Now, come on." He pushed Frank towards the stairs.

"Night!" Everyone called almost all at once before they burst into laughter. Frank staggered towards the stairs, Gerard following him closely behind. They slowly made it up the stairs and to the bedroom; Gerard right behind Frank to make sure he didn't fall.

Frank sat on the bed and looked at Gerard with half open eyes. Gerard shut the door then walked to Frank and pulled Frank's shirt off, followed by his pants. Next, Gerard walked to the top of the bed and pulled the blankets back, Frank climbing into the cleared spot and Gerard laying the blankets over him. Sitting on his knees, Gerard put one arm on the bed which he rested his chin on, the other arm extending to Frank as he put the back of his hand to Frank's forehead before gently stroking his face. "How do you feel?" He asked because Frank had a slight fever.

"Tired..." Frank mumbled, eyes shutting all the way and his lips forming a small smile from Gerard's rubbing his face. Frank didn't understand why he was suddenly tired all the time but he couldn't stay focused long enough to determine a reason.

"Frank, babe," Gerard whispered to him, "I think you should see a doctor tomorrow. I'm worried about you since you're exhausted like twenty-four seven now." He tried to put it calmly so he wouldn't upset Frank.

"mm....ok..." Frank mumbled to Gerard's shock. He knew Frank had to be sick if he willingly agreed to go.

"You want me to lay with you or go back downstairs?" Gerard asked, still softly pushing Frank's hair behind his head.

"Go have fun." Frank said quietly, barely awake at all. "'m fine..."

"I love you." Gerard told him, kissing Frank's forehead then standing up and making sure the blanket was securely over him. Frank just smiled more and buried his head in the pillow.

"Love you too." He said as Gerard headed for the door, turning off the light and shutting it gently before going back downstairs and resuming his position by Mikey.

"What'd he say?" Mikey asked.

"He agreed to go see someone." Gerard told him, still shocked.

"Fuck." Ray said, pausing the game for a moment as he too was taken by shock. "He must be sick."

"I know." Gerard said through a heavy sigh. "And I'm really worried."

*****************************

"Look, I'll drag you inside if I have to." Gerard said as they sat in the parking lot of the hospital. Since it was still the holidays, the doctor's office was closed and Gerard wasn't waiting until they opened for Frank to get help. "You agreed to see a doctor."

"You asked when I was pretty much asleep!" Frank whined, resting his head against the back of the seat with his arms crossed in protest.

"Frank, you've practically been asleep for three days!" Gerard said a little harsher than he intended.

"I've been tired!"

"From what?!" Frank didn't respond so Gerard took deep breaths to calm himself down. "I don't want to argue or upset you." He said, unbuckling himself and turning to face Frank to the best of his abilities. "All we're doing is finding out why you're so tired all of a sudden. I hate his place just as much as you do but I can't lose you so I don't want to risk anything..."

"You're not gonna lose me." Frank said, still staring at the roof. "I have no idea why I'm so tired but I really don't want to be here."

"What if you have something?" There was stress in Gerard's voice. He really didn't want to fight with Frank but he was determined to get him inside. "What if you fall asleep again, but don't wake up?"

"Will you stop talking like that?"

"Well I can't help but think these things since you won't go verify that you're fine." Gerard said, leaning his head on the back of his seat as he looked to Frank pleadingly.

"You promise that they're not going to do anything?" Frank asked, uncrossing his arms to undo his seatbelt.

"I can't promise that and you know it."

"Come on." Frank mumbled miserably, opening the door then slamming it shut as he made his way to the ER entrance. Gerard got out then quickly caught up with Frank, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly for comfort as they went inside. "We're going to be here all day." Frank said as they went to administration.

"I don't care how long it takes." Gerard said, letting go of Frank's hand so he could go give the receptionist his information to check himself into the ER. "As long as we find out what's wrong and get it fixed." He kissed Frank's head then sat down as Frank went miserably to the receptionist.

It took about ten minutes before Frank was done because he had to have them change his address and other information. When he finished, he got up then waited by the door that connected the ER waiting room to administration until Gerard got up and joined him. They walked through the door and took a seat in a far corner; far away from a lady and a crying child who Gerard assumed was no older than three. He felt bad for the child because kids that young can have so many medical problems with no way of telling anyone exactly what's bothering them.

They sat down in chairs, Frank leaning his head on Gerard's shoulder and sticking his hands in his pocket; both looking at the crying child who was being sung to and rocked gently by its mother. "I feel bad for kids that young." Gerard said quietly, resting his head on Frank's. "They have hard times communicating exactly what's wrong with them so it's hard for them to receive help."

"The crying is giving me a headache." Frank replied. He didn't feel like talking about kids at the moment because, yet again, he was starting to fall asleep. Though he didn't want to be in the hospital, he was grateful that Gerard kept pushing it because he knew he needed to get help. It was ridiculous that he couldn't stay awake for more than a few hours at a time all of a sudden.

"Well I don't have anything with me so you'll have to try and put up with it." Gerard said softly to him. "If it gets too bad we'll hunt someone down. This is a fucking hospital after all; they're bound to have something to help headaches." Frank laughed very slightly, trying to keep his eyes open. "Don't go to sleep." Gerard said, noticing Frank's exhaustion again.

"I'm trying not to." Frank said, still staring at the child who stopped crying now. He wasn't really paying attention to the child, just staring and thinking about other things. "Thanks for forcing me here." He said quietly to Gerard.

"I told you I will always take care of you." Gerard told him, removing his head then putting an arm around Frank to hold him. "You'll probably just end up on some sort of medication for a bit. I know it's gonna suck because we already have medication to take, which is a pain in the ass, but whatever makes you better." He said and Frank just smiled. "Even if I have to shove it down your throat."

"You would." Frank told him, looking at Gerard now.

"I have." Gerard replied with a little amusement, recalling the time he had to dump his grandmothers medication remedy down Frank's throat. "It made a mess but it got the task done."

"It was horrible." Frank said, head falling back onto Gerard's shoulder. "What I'm afraid of is getting stuck in here again."

"Like I said," Gerard kissed Frank's forehead, "whatever makes you better."

"Yeah but I don't want to stay here." Frank said miserably as a nurse came out then escorted the mother and child to the back. "I don't like it here."

"I'd stay with you." Gerard said softly. He was trying to make Frank feel better. Something in the back of Gerard's mind though told him that Frank would end up in the hospital for a few days though. He didn't want him to, but he wanted Frank to get better.

"I'd force you to."

"I'd chose to."

"I'd love it."

"Me too." Gerard kissed Frank on the lips now. It was quick but it was tender and exactly what Frank needed to feel slightly better about the situation. He too felt the nagging feeling that he was going to end up a patient; again.

"I'm hungry." Frank whined, staring at a wall now.

"Well you can't eat anything in case they need to do blood work or something." Gerard told him, cringing a bit from thinking about needles. He really, really didn't like them.

"Yeah; they'll need to take blood and you'll be spazzing in a corner about a needle." Frank said with amusement. Gerard didn't fight back though because he knew Frank was doing it to amuse himself. "And I'll have to come save you."

"Promise?" Gerard asked and Frank got off the chair, sitting himself in Gerard's lap then pulling Gerard's arms around him.

"Of course Mr. Iero-Way." The name still made Frank smile every time he heard or said it. They were only married for three days, but it seemed like they had been married for years. In a way they were; it's just now their names have changed and they have official rings. "I took vow's."

"I'm gonna hold you to them too." Gerard said with a smile, Frank planting his lips on Gerard's again. "I know you're gonna be fine but it makes me feel better knowing from a professional."

"Whatever makes you leave me the fuck alone." Frank replied with an amused smile, slight laughter following. "I swear though if you make me fucking stay in bed again I'll kill you in your sleep. I can't take it again."

"Ideally, it sounds like the perfect arrangement; staying in bed all day long." Gerard spoke with amusement as well.

"That's because your mind is stuck in the gutter."

"Your soul is stuck there." Gerard replied and Frank started laughing. It was true; sex was probably always on Frank's mind. Even when he didn't realize it. But then, when you have a hot husband like Gerard, your mind doesn't really shift gears.

"Mr. Iero-Way?" A nurse called from the door so Frank slid off Gerard's lap then grabbed Gerard's hand and pulled him towards the door. "Which one of you?" She asked with confusion.

"Me." Frank replied miserably.

"Alright; are you family?" She asked Gerard before letting them pass. Gerard held up his ringed finger and she looked at him apprehensively.

"He's my husband." Frank said with aggravation. "Can we please just get this over with?" The nurse stared a minute more before leading them to a room in the ER.

"It says here you've been sleeping for abnormal periods of time." The nurse said as Gerard sat in a chair while Frank hoisted himself onto the bed.

"I'm exhausted constantly and I don't know why. I can't seem to stay awake for more than a couple of hours." Frank said, still aggravated.

"Well I'm going to take your temperature then I'll leave you to wait for the doctor." She said, walking to a counter and setting the papers down before grabbing a thermometer and sticking it in Frank's mouth. It was there for a few seconds before it beeped and she took it out. "You have a slight fever." She told Frank who shrugged while she went to write it on her paper. "Someone will be here as fast as they can." The nurse shut the door and Frank fell backwards onto his bed.

"I'm already hating it." Frank mumbled, arms thrown to the side as he stared at the ceiling. "Bitch nurse."

"Ignore her." Gerard said, sliding down in the chair a little. "Our marriage was for our happiness; not to please others." He told Frank.

"Yeah but they can make it less obvious that they're homophobes." Frank mumbled, still staring at the ceiling.

"The world sucks Frankie." Gerard said with misery but truth. "Unfortunately, we'll never be accepted. We just have to learn to ignore the ignorant pricks."

"I don't need a speech from you about being queer." Frank snapped and Gerard sighed, rolling his eyes. He told himself that Frank was just upset about being in the hospital again.

"How long do you think we'll be in here?" He asked, trying to lighten Frank's mood slightly.

"Until I die." Frank mumbled.

"Why are you in a bad mood?" Gerard asked, getting frustrated now. "I know you don't want to be here but you have to be."

"Why?" Frank sat up and looked at him. "You're the one who told me that."

"Because I'm worried about you!"

"You need to stop being so worried about me!" Frank shot at him.

"I can't help it!" Gerard was becoming angry now. "When you're in love with someone you tend to worry about their health and other well being!"

"I told you I'm fine!" Frank said with annoyance and Gerard took a deep breath in, clenching his teeth together and shutting his eyes. "Why don't you believe me?"

"I don't know!" He said, tears suddenly coming to his eyes. "I just have this weird feeling!"

"Well get over it." Frank said, getting off the bed. "I'm tired of waiting."

"Frank; don't leave." Gerard said, grabbing a hold of Frank's wrist. "At least wait for the doctor to come to some diagnosis."

"I don't need a doctor to tell me that I'm dying." He replied sharply.

"You're not dying." Gerard told him, even though he knew it was true. That's what AIDS did though; slowly took your life away. But then again, each day is another day closer to your death so technically everyone is dying. Frank shut his eyes tightly and held his head with the hand Gerard wasn't holding onto. "Frank, are you alright?"

"Fucking headache." He mumbled. Gerard pulled Frank into his lap.

"I think you should go lay down again." Gerard said, pushing the hair from his face like he normally did. Frank used both hands to clutch his head now. Tears started to come from his eyes. "Frank...?"

"m fine..."

"No, you're not." Gerard was extremely worried now. "You need to go lay on the bed and I'm going to find someone." No sooner were the words out of Gerard's mouth that Frank suddenly passed out, going limp in Gerard's arms. "Frank!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N--- I'm terribly sorry to all of you who have read this and "How Much I Love You"; I lost interest in that story and decided to delete it. I'm re-doing the ending of this story. Hate me if you want but I'm ending it.

xoxo Tabi
Sign up to rate and review this story