Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm what you desire to see

Do you believe in angels?

by Leah270193 3 reviews

chapter 2 to I'm what you desire to see. Gerard remembers the first time he met rosie before he knew she was his guardian angel. RATE, REVIEW PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, READERS!!!!!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-12-28 - Updated: 2008-12-28 - 1418 words

0Unrated
‘Come back here loser, don’t be a coward, come back here and fight ya’ pussy’
Gerard ran faster until the spiteful jeering of the other boys became just a distant whisper. He sprinted through the park gates while briefly looking over his shoulder to make sure he had lost them. He slowed down once he entered the playground, it was deserted. He walked over to the swing and wiped what looked like spilt beer off the seat with the sleeve of his black school sweatshirt. He rested his head in his hands while gazing at the roundabout which was creaking slightly with the damp gale that was blowing. Gerard massaged his eye. It stung like hell; he examined the scrape he had gained on his right knuckle while trying to fight them off. It had been the third time this week that James Lansford and a few other boys that Gerard only knew by appearance from the fourth grade had beaten him up.
A tight feeling in his chest started to creep up on him, it made his ears ache and his throat feel tight. He tried to stop himself from crying and hurriedly wiped the first salty tears away that started to trickle down his cheeks. But he gave up eventually and let them fall.
Their taunts echoed in his head ‘don’t be a coward…ya’ pussy’. Gerard clenched his fist and dug his nails into the palms of his hand. He wished he was at home now, where his Mom could patch up his cuts and give him a hug and assure him that it would be alright and tell him he could have ice cream after tea.
Quickly he sat up straight aware that someone was sitting on the swing next to him. He kept his head still but looked sideways. It was a girl. She had no shoes, her skin was very pale and she had lots of shiny red hair.
‘Hey my names Rosie do you want to be my friend?
Gerard turned to face her and looked at her curiously. She seemed friendly enough ‘yeah okay, my name’s Gerard’
For what seemed like hours they played together and Gerard talked to her about the bullies and the fact he had no friends at school. She assured him he was never really alone and that in fact he was very lucky as he had a loving family when she knew that James Lansford didn’t have a proper Mom or Dad and that he lived with his drunken uncle in a house that had no central heating and no bed just a mattress on the floor.
The sun started to go down and Gerard said he had to leave .On his walk home Gerard felt happy, happier than he had been in a long time, even happier than when he went on holiday with his family to Italy yet that had been last August.


Gerard stopped staring out the window. He knew it; he knew he had seen her before. Yet if he remembered rightly it had only been that once in the park when he was a lot younger and he had been beaten up by some older boys. The bright sunlight flooded the kitchen, making him squint. He turned round to face his Mom. She was preparing lunch, she hadn’t said much in the past few days, Gerard knew she was probably really torn up inside about his Grandmother dying and she was probably just putting on a front for him and Mikey.
‘Mom, do you believe in angels?’
He glanced down at his coffee cup afraid she would start crying or get angry at him. He knew it was not the best question he could ask but he wanted reassurance from her that he wasn’t completely insane.
He peered up at her carefully, not wanting to meet her eyes but she was smiling.
She wrinkled her nose slightly. Realising she wasn’t upset over the question he asked and that she was in fact working out a response made Gerard look at her properly.
‘I suppose I do. Even more so now your Grandmother has died.’
She flashed a sympathetic and reassuring smile his way and carried on preparing lunch.
‘Why, the question sweetie?’
She didn’t look at him this time, yet still her voice gave away no hint of worry or aggravation.
‘I dunno’…I’ve just been thinking’
Later that evening Gerard faced Mikey with the same question. Maybe Mikey had met Rosie he thought. He was even more nervous about asking Mikey than he had been his Mom. Apparently Mikey’s response to their Grandmother’s death had been a lot more poignant. He had rushed to his room and sobbed loudly destroying everything in his room that came into his reach; He had even loosened a wood panel on his bedroom door as he punched it in grief and anger.
Mikey was lying on his bed reading a comic when Gerard came in, he wanted to go straight back out again when he noticed Mikey’s eyes were obviously bloodshot from crying, either that or he had rubbed salt in them but that seemed highly unlikely by all means.
‘Hey’
Mikey’s voice was croaky and was barley audible.
‘Yep’ Gerard said to himself he had definitely been crying.
‘This is a bit of a shitty question, Mikey but… do you believe in angels’
Mikey looked up from his comic and frowned.
‘What?’
‘Do you believe in-?’
‘I heard you; it’s just… what sort of a question is that to ask at a time like this?’
‘Sorry, was just wonderin’
Gerard knew it was a mistake and shame quickly overtook him. Mikey had clearly realised that Gerard’s question had been genuine.
‘Guess so…I suppose, I dunno really why?
At that Gerard sat on Mikey’s bed and told him everything about Rosie and how she claimed she was an angel. After he had fiished Mikey opened his mouth slightly like he was gong to speak but closed it again and a perplexed look came over his face. He began picking at a loose thread on his duvet. Gerard started to feel awkward again, uncertain whether he had agitated his brother or not.
‘Gerard maybe your just stressed ya’ know…through lack of sleep or something? I haven’t been feelin’ too great at the minute either; we’ll both get through this though. We have to move on. ’
Mikey’s reply only made Gerard have a sharp feeling of disappointment. Maybe Mikey was right maybe Rosie was just made up in his head. She was probably just a hallucination that came about whenever he was stressed. Your mind can do shit like that especially when your feeling lonely.

When Gerard tried to sleep that night he just couldn’t believe in his idea that she was a hallucination. She was too real. He tried to stop insomnia from taking hold. And there she was sitting at the end of his bed. She smiled as him peacefully and answered the question that had been frustrating him all afternoon right up to that moment
‘Or maybe I am real and when you need me you see me’
‘But why now and before in the park…how about all the times when I felt down before you weren’t there. What about then?’
‘Yes I was you just didn’t want to see me. In the park you were lonely; you wanted a friend so I appeared. The other day you felt alone, you wanted someone to reassure you and understand you. And there I was. Gerard, most of the time you want to be alone when you’re down so I let you be. Being your guardian Angel I’m seen by you and just you when you desire to see me.’
Then stay please I need somebody now’
Comfort and warmth wrapped itself around him. A strange feeling of love for her filled him up. He was not sure whether it was romantic love (as he did find her very attractive) or just the love you feel for a close friend, either way he longed for her presence.
‘Of course’ she replied soothingly.
‘That’s why you can see me.’





A/N: Please review i'm really not sure about this story and where it might head? Anyone who has constructive critisism I'd be happy to read it xxx
Sign up to rate and review this story