Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Rebels

At Least We Tried

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Sakura gets dumped by her long-distance boyfriend, Jiro. But strangely, she isn't sad about it. She just feels neutral.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-12-29 - Updated: 2008-12-29 - 884 words - Complete

0Unrated
At Least We Tried:

I hit some small tragedy today. My boyfriend of many years, Jiro, broke up with me this morning. It occurred right before I walked right out of the house. My love called me on my cell phone as I was unlocking my door. It lasted about five minutes. But the message was clear. Jiro wanted out. Fine. I get it. I did likewise with him. But something strange happened. I didn't really seem to... care. It was as if I was expecting this to happen. It was only a matter of time...

I felt neutral for the rest of the day at work. I wasn't my hyper talking self today. It was as if I was in mourning for something. What, I don't really now. It just feels so strange...

"Sakura!" I heard someone yell to me at cubicle. I looked up from my computer in a quick flash. My good old friend, Adam, was looking down at me. Usually, I would smirk and crack something witty at him. But, I just didn't have it in me today. I wasn't sad or anything. I just felt out of touch, that's all. Adam must have noticed my face. Because, he looked very concerned for me.

"Sakura," he said to me. "What's the matter?" I looked away and shrugged at him.

"Not now, okay?" I said. My old pal nodded at that one.

"Oh!" he called. "We'll talk at lunch, then?" I nodded at him.

"Okay then!" Adam called. "I'll see you then." I just nodded at him in silence. My pal just shrugged and worked away. I went back to work instantly. I nearly smiled when Adam came to see me. But, that was about it. There was no real thrill there. I just wanted to be left alone for the moment. As I worked on my latest article, I felt myself becoming stoic again. I didn't even play any music while I worked. I know that drew so much attention to me. But I wasn't thinking about them at all.

I know, I know. Being dumped sucks. I know I'm supposed to be sad and all. After all, Jiro and I have been together since middle school. But yet... I felt nothing. I still feel nothing. Odd? Maybe. But that's how I feel right now. So, let me be stoic in peace.

I felt that way for the rest of the day. At lunch, everyone except for Katherine was waiting for me in the lounge. I looked around blankly.

"Okay..." I said flatly. "What's going here?" Adam turned to me looking a little upset.

"Sakura," he said. "You're down about something." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I am?" I asked him confused. "What do you mean?"

"You haven't been playing music all day," Rose added.

"You've been scary-quiet as well," Greg pointed out. I looked around at all of them as if they were crazy in a stoic way. Okay, you guys have been watching my every move? Stalkers! I ought to call the police on all of you! Adam stepped forward to me again. He quickly took me by the hands. I stared at him bewildered. My, he's pretty close right this second!

"So tell us!" Adam said almost pleading to me. "What is the matter? Why are you so down today?" I stared at him blankly. He's got me now. No point in lying either. The big goof has a natural lie detector inside of his brain when it comes to dealing with me. He will know if I am lying or not. So, there is no point to even try to lie to my best good friend. I sighed in defeat and looked at them all.

"Fine!" I said aloud. "If you must know, Jiro broke up with me this morning." Everyone went quiet at that one. I looked around at all of their faces. Pity was painted all over them. Damn it, I knew this would happen if I told them. I waited for them to speak.

"I'm so sorry, Sakura!" Noriko said to me at last.

"Are you okay, Sakura?" Adam asked. "You couldn't told me this morning. I mean would've understood..." I lightly broke away from him.

"No please," I said. "I'm fine." They all looked at me oddly. I managed close to a little smile this time. But that was all.

"I know it sounding strange and Jiro and I have been together since junior high," I went on. "But it's like an old toy that you've had for years. You're attracted to it at first. But when it gets taken away from you, sure you are hurt at first. But after a while, you get over it and move with life." I looked around at all of them again. So far, there was silence. But, I knew better. Adam smiled at me kindly.

"Okay then," he said. I kept my near smile.

"Thank you guys," I said. "Now, I would like nothing more than to be left alone for the rest of the day."

"Okay," they all said to me.

"Thank you," I said again. Then, I bowed my head and walked away to my cubicle. That is all I have to say right now.

Things Get Damaged, Things Get Broken
Sign up to rate and review this story