Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

Here Comes The Wicked Witch

by neve 7 reviews

Jill returns to work and Bob rejoins the guys. Jealousy ensues and Justin does his best to keep her sane.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-12-29 - Updated: 2008-12-29 - 3044 words - Complete

2Exciting
Chapter Thirty Two - Here Comes the Wicked Witch


Jill sat at her tiny kitchen table with a large mug of coffee as she thought about the day ahead. She had spent so much of last night trying to keep herself occupied that she had managed to find herself some rare quiet time before she had to leave for work. As she waited for her caffeine high to kick in she thought about what kind of reception she would receive at work. Jill knew Kate would try everything to make her life a living hell and she prayed that she had been oblivious to Bob standing beside her at the airport. The telephone conversation last night with Ruth had helped to ease her mind a bit. Ruth was much more of the opinion that Jill should just face it head on but they both agreed that if Kate had seen Bob and was aware of the "story" that he was back home it would look a bit suspicious. Justin had offered to lock Kate in the cleaner's cupboard but that was quickly ruled out due to the inevitable firing of all three of them. Jill's decision had been to keep her head down and just see what the day would bring. Sipping her coffee, she closed her eyes as she listened to "but in the end it's right, I hope you had the time of your life". The song had always made her feel sad but today the words had a different meaning. She watched the clock as the minute hand had eventually reached the point where she knew she had to leave. She gently weaved her Ipod headphones thorugh her jacket as she grabbed her bag before heading towards the door. She smiled at her neighbour as she walked out the door and noticed the elderly lady collecting her milk from the doorstep. Jill locked her flat door and ran down the stairs. The cold air hit her hard as she dashed down the street towards the station.

As she decended the stairs towards the subway, she felt her mobile vibrating against her. She reached into her jacket and pulled out the phone.

"Morning,"

"Hello," Jill said struggling to hear the other voice.

"Jill, it's me Bob,"

"Bob, sorry I can hardly hear you." Jill felt herself shout.

"You keep fading away," Bob almost shouted back down the phone.

"I'm going into the underground to get my train and I won't be able to get a reception, wait a minute and I'll go back up." Jill replied as she tried to turn and make her way back up much to the annoyance of the other commuters.

"Don't go missing your train," Bob quickly replied feeling guilty.

"Oh, okay," Jill said as she once again turned around as people started to push her about.

"Text me your IM name and I'll catch up with you that way," Bob said to her as he heard the grumbled voices through the phone.

"Okay, sorry Bob." Jill muttered not quite sure what the hell she was doing.

"Speak to you soon," Bob said.

"bye," Jill replied as she shut down her phone.

Jill wanted nothing more to just talk to him and it felt so good to hear him again.

"That's sweet but can you stop bloody standing in my way, some of us are trying to catch a train." A man shouted at her.

Jill just stood there and stared at him before she walked down the stairs.

"Finally," the irritated man shrieked.

Jill couldn't help herself as she turned round, "You know, why don't you just fuck off."

"How pleasant but what do you expect from the youth of today," an older woman commented.

Jill could feel the anger seeping through her entire body as she quickly decended the stairs to get as far away from them as possible. As she waited for the train, she could feel herself start to calm down, it wasn't the best way to start her day. Her mood didn't improve as she boarded the train and was slowly crushed against the door due to the sheer number of people. Falling on the street as she scrambled to get to work on time also added to her general feeling of being completely fucked off. Jill nervously bit her lip as she waited for the goddamn lift to finally reach her floor.

"Hey Jill," Justin said spinning round in his chair to acknowledge her, "You're late and hey you look like shit."

Jill didn't know whether to cry or to slap him hard, "Way to help a girl feel special."

"You know I'm just fooling about but you do look a bit peeky," Justin quickly replied trying to cover his previous error.

"I had a hellish journey in and all I could think about is what Kate might do," Jill said removing her jacket and sinking into her seat.

Justin sighed heavily, "Will you stop, she probably saw absolutely nothing and anyway even if she did what could she do, honestly you need to relax."

"I know," Jill replied rubbing her hands over her face.

"Oh Jill, just to add to your worries, we have a meeting this morning with Neil," Justin added unable to help the grin that appeared across his face.

"Can this day get any better?" Jill dramatically moaned before spying Kate across the room, "I guess not."

Justin looked round in the direction that Jill was looking, "Oh I thought I could sense a witch, here she comes."

Jill's face fell despite Justin humming the wicked witch music from the wizard of oz as she watched Kate practically skip towards her.

"Hey Jill, you're back," Kate almost shrieked.

"I guess I am." Jill replied dryly.

"You must be exhausted," Kate added winking.

"Excuse me,"

"Ready for the meeting?" Kate asked Justin completely ignoring Jill.

"Yes," he replied.

"See you both then." Kate said not waiting for an answer and immediatedly going to Neil's office.

Jill looked at him as soon as Kate had disappeared,

"So you still think I have nothing to worry about?" Jill asked reaching for her notebook and diary for the meeting.

"Who cares," Justin replied, "Let's go to this meeting."

Justin half hugged and half dragged the reluctant girl to the meeting room before plonking her into the nearest seat. Jill glanced around the room and her own paranoia was threatening to strangle her as she felt eyes burning into her.

"Will you stop," Justin whispered as he handed her some water.

"What?"

"That look, you look like you're a gazelle in a field of lions," Justin laughed.

Jill suddenly jumped out of her seat as a pair of hands slapped down on her shoulders.

"Whoops sorry Jill, someones on edge today," Kate laughed ensuring she drew everyone's attention.

Jill just grinned at the she-devil before growling as she once again sat down beside Justin as Ruth eventually appeared and parked herself on the other side of him.

"How you doing honey?" Ruth asked as she leant forward on the table in order to see Jill.

"I'm fine now that you're here," Justin replied.

"Not you, I mean Jill," Ruth added.

"That's just lovely," Justin answered pretending to be offended and leaning back in his chair.

"I'm alright, I'm feeling like I'm about to be sacrificed in front of the flock," Jill remarked as she rubbed her hands over her face.

"Don't worry we'll protect you," Ruth laughed clutching on to Justin.

Neil eventually arrived and soon had everyone settled down as they discussed the the layout for the current issue. Neil worked his way around the table to find out where everyone was with their work before eventually reaching Jill.

"Welcome back Jill, I got your draft and I've made a few amendments and where I think you need some more info. Very well done, you seem to have made a good relationship with those guys," Neil said before stopping as Kate practically spat her drink across the table, "Do you have something you want to add Kate?"

Jill froze and she felt Ruth stretch over Justin to grab Jill's hand.

"Actually I think I do," Kate said triumphantly as she ignored the evil eyes from Justin, "I also read Jill's draft and it's really good, you really got under their skins and it must have been SOOO interesting on that tour bus."

Jill couldn't say anything as she felt everyone's interest suddenly peek.

"Enough about that but tell me Kate how did you get a draft of the story?" Neil suddenly responded.

Kate just smirked, everyone knew exactly how she managed to get her hands on it, that was one of the benefits of fucking about with the magazine editor, "Just one more thing Jill, I need some info for my page."

"Fine, what do you need?" Jill replied taking a drink of water.

"I was hoping you would be able to confirm why the drummer from MCR missed the start of the shows in Germany?" Kate smirked.

"I told you Kate, he had to go home to Chicago for personal business." Ruth snapped.

"Are you sure because I swear I saw him just yesterday at Heathrow with our very own colleague here?" Kate replied pointing at Jill.

"Who the fuck cares where this person was?" Mike yelled,"Can we get on with this meeting so I can get on with my work?"

Jill wanted to lean over and kiss Mike, he was your typical old style rocker and in his view all bands created after 1995 were shit. Jill of course didn't agree with him on that point but he knew his stuff inside out and he had no time for people like Kate.

"Mike's right, let's get this meeting finished," Justin added.

Neil looked at Kate before he turned to look at Jill with a wry smile, "Right Mike what you got for us?.

As soon as the meeting was over Jill quickly escaped towards her desk with Justin and Ruth desperately trying to catch up with her.

"Oh well it could have been worse," Ruth said as she sat on Jill's desk.

"You think," Jill remarked.

"At least you know one thing, she knows that you were at the airport with Bob," Justin added as he brought over some mugs filled with hot liquid.

"Tea????" Jill said sullenly

"You don't need coffee, especially not today," Justin said sitting down at his desk before eyeing Jill's collection of red bull cans and instantly removing them.

"You could always just say that he was on his way to Germany and you needed some more info for your article so you agreed to meet him at the airport," Ruth said rubbing her hand over Justin's hair to try and inject some life into it.

"Yeah or you could just tell me the fucking truth,"

Jill looked up with dread as Kate leered over her desk.

"What the fuck," Ruth said, "Do you have some sort of invisibility cloak or do you usually lurk around in places that you're not meant to be?"

"ha ha so funny, you better get back to your broom cupboard and play with your toys," Kate snapped.

Ruth immediately placed her hand on Justin's arm to settle him down, "See you two later and Kate, Neil was looking for you."

"Whatever," Kate said before turning her attention back to Jill," So Jill spill it, what exactly are you doing with this drummer guy?"

Jill dug her nails into her jeans to stop herself from lashing out,"There is nothing going on with me and the drummer guy as you like to call him."

"Come on, it's written all over your face as much as I am struggling to believe it." Kate retorted.

"Well honey struggle no more, there is nothing going on with our Jill and the drummer if you look it up is called Bob Bryar." Justin said placing his arm around Kate's shoulder.

Kate immediately shrugged him away from her, "I will find out Jill, I know everything that is going on around here." Kate leant down and whispered into her ear, "Aren't you glad I let you do that initial interview now but if I had done it I sure as hell wouldn't have settled for the drummer."

Kate walked off laughing as Jill just stared at Justin.

"You alright?" Justin asked.

"Just counting,"

"Eh?" Justin asked puzzled.

"Just trying to stop myself punching her lights out."

The rest of the day went by quietly as everyone worked to get their work done for the deadline of this month's issue. Jill knew Kate wouldn't leave it like that and every so often she would look up to find someone being trapped by Kate and they would look directly at her. Her mind was soon diverted as she concentrated on finshing her article.

"Jill you ready to head out?"

Jill looked up at Justin, "Yep just give me a moment to finish this." she smiled pushing her pencil behind her ear as she bashed away on the keyboard. Her attention was suddenly distracted as she heard the ping of her messenger service. Justin watched as the biggest smile appeared on his friend's face and he knew he would be in for a long wait. Jill mouthed a silent "sorry" to Justin as he let his bag fall from his shoulder and sat back down to restart his computer.

BOB: Good evening Jilly
JILL: Hello Mr Bryar
BOB: You're too far away
JILL: I know, Where are you today?
BOB: Vienna
JILL: I am so jealous
BOB: Milan tomorrow
JILL: 3 countries in 3 days, that's nuts.
BOB: Tell me about it, What you up to?
JILL: Just been finishing stuff for the magazine and then I'm going for a drink with Justin and Ruth. You?
BOB: Putting stuff together with Ray and then getting ready for the show tonight.
JILL: Are you looking forward to it?
BOB: Totally, although Frankie's not been too well.
JILL: Awww poor Frank, give him a hug from me.
BOB: lol, will do but you know his perverted mind.
JILL: Don't I just.
BOB: Did you get any bother from that girl at the airport?
JILL: Nothing I can't handle.
BOB: You phone me at any time if you need to talk about anything.
JILL: I will, How's everyone?
BOB: Gerard's as nuts as always, Ray's keeping me sane and well we're all a bit worried about Mikey.
JILL: Is he still a bit down?
BOB: He's so up and down but we're on a high at the moment so fingers crossed that spell at home with his girl did him the power of good.
JILL: That's good to hear.
BOB: Frank was waiting for me in the car when I got to the airport, I swear they've all just stopped taking the piss out of me. All the usual pisstakes at what we got up to in their own perverted minds.
JILL: Oh god
BOB: Don't worry about it
JILL: Did you patch things up with Worm?
BOB: Yeah, he was fine but I owe him big time.
JILL: I'm so embarrased.
BOB: Don't be, I have far more dirt on them which has been good to throw back.
JILL: Haha
BOB: I better go Ray's getting fed up waiting for me now
JILL: I miss you so much
BOB: Not as much as I miss you
JILL: You have a great time tonight
BOB: I'll be thinking of you,
JILL: Bye Bob

Jill waited for Bob to sign off but the screen seemed to hang.

BOB: Bob is unable to type just now as I have grabbed his laptop. He's SUPPOSED to be working on some new arrangements but I knew from the giggles and general giddiness he was talking shit. How's it going sweet cheeks?
JILL: Frank is that you?
BOB: The one and only, Ray is currently sitting on Bob and he's getting mad. I think I may die.
JILL: You take care of yourself Frank, Bob said you were feeling ill.
BOB: Just the usual virus-y thing, I'm alright really.
JILL: Get yourself in your bed and wrapped up warm after the show tonight.
BOB: You're as bad as Jamia, anyway I don't think Bob would like to know you're thinking of me in bed.
JILL: FRANK
BOB: JILL
JILL: You have a filthy mind Mr Iero
BOB: Wouldn't you like to know
JILL: FRANK

Justin rolled his eyes as he watched Jill lauging away to herself, he was pleased for her. He had never seen her so happy but he was worried, relationships like this never worked and he dreaded seeing her heart broken.

BOB: Jill, I hope that pervert wasn't sending filthy messages.
JILL: Bob?
BOB: Yes, I got away. No thanks to Ray.
JILL: lol, I have to go now honey before Justin dies of alcohol withdrawal
BOB: Okay, I'll phone you after the show.
JILL: Speak to you later, love you
BOB: Love you Jilly.

Jill sighed as he watched his icon fade and go offline. She was so pleased to hear from him but when he went it left her feeling like she had been kicked in the stomach. She suddenly felt a strong pair of arms encircle her, "You'll be alright Jill." Justin whispered to her. Jill blinked back the tears from her eyes and leaned back into the hug, "Thank you J".

"Let's go and get hammered." Justin smiled as he saw Ruth standing by the office door pointing to her watch with a very annoyed look on her face. "Come on you pair." She yelled across the office.





Sorry it's taken me ages to update. Please rate/review if you have a moment because it always give me that kick to keep going (mind you, you might want me to just shut up and disappear). Thank you so much for the reviews for my last one.

Sorry I haven't been reviewing much lately but this is the first time I've been on the internet for ages and I now have loads of amazing stories to catch up with.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Always goes by too fast.
Sign up to rate and review this story