Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Heaven Help Us

Broken Promises

by xx__ilovemikey__xx 2 reviews

Frank's mothers wedding; all goes well until Gerard shows up... xx

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-01-01 - Updated: 2009-01-01 - 3024 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank's POV

My dad didn't turn up all week and by the day before the wedding, I began to worry about where he had gone.

I rummaged through the phone book which mainly consisted of my dad's many drinking friends but at the back, I found a smudged page where I had written 'mom' and a few numbers in my messy, childlike handwriting.

I found the phone that was buried under a load of empty bottles and punched in the number.
It rang a few times before a woman answered, slightly slurring her words.

"Hello?" she mumbled
"Hey mom, its Frank" I said, trying to sound cheerful
"Who?" she replied.

I could hear muffled music and laughing in the background.
"Your son.." I hinted
"Aah frank baby! What's up?" she slurred

I sighed..
"I'm worried about dad.." I said quietly
A string of cursing came in reply that I couldn't make out.
"But he hasn't come home in days.." I muttered
"Frank don't you bother yourself with what HE does...are you still coming to the wedding?" she said
"Yeah of course I am mom but I don't have anything to wear.." I replied, surprised at how composed she was keeping herself.

"Oh I will get you sorted..just be up here early and..." she said before she began to giggle and speak to someone else obviously not wanting to be on the phone.
"I have to go..." she trailed off and hung up.
I sighed, used to the lack of communication with my parents.
"Bye mom..love you" I said into the already dead line.

The wedding was close now and I still hadn't spoken to Gee. Mikey hadn't called either but I was looking forward to seeing him the next day.
I fell asleep on the couch, wearing my big thick jacket, it was freezing as the heating had been shut off again, my dad had obviously not paid the bill.

I drifted to sleep after a while of shivering my stupid ass off for about an hour.
My dreams were full of the person that had saved me, made my dreams come true and made me smile like I meant it...Mikey.

I woke up late and cold, scrambling around my room for clothes, ignoring the dark, protruding bruises etched into my body, reminding me of a night I wanted to forget, and shoving on a scarf and gloves before shoving some other clothes into an iron maiden bag, making a sure I had my new teddy bear and running out the house, all the way to Mikey’s in the blistering cold and icy roads.

Mikey was standing outside his door, completely perfect, not a hair out of place, with a bag slung over his shoulder and smiling at my rushed, jumbled up mess that I had gotten into on my way there. I must have fallen over several times at least in my hurry.

"Sleep in?" he asked me with a smirk
I frowned at him and his smirk turned into a small chuckle.
"You are so cute when you frown frank" he chuckled.

He was wearing a long black coat and big boots, making him look like a slightly geeky vampire.
"Mikey you look so pretty" I said
He looked slightly surprised before he smiled.
"In an odd little rushed way Frank, so do you" he said quietly.

The cab arrived, Mikey was certainly very organized this morning.

I gave the big, scary looking man the address and he twitched his moustache before turning and starting up the engine.
The journey was quiet, kind of peaceful as I watched the world fly by out the window.

"So you're gonna be a bridesmaid?" Mikey said quietly
"Yeah! Its gonna be so fun!" I said excitedly
"Aren't they supposed to be girls?" he replied with a grin
"Well I'm gonna be one Mikey unless you think otherwise?" I teased
"Oh no! Go ahead" he said sarcastically
"Bet you will be the prettiest there" he whispered and took my hand.

I smiled to myself, thinking of nothing but Mikey for the rest of the silent journey.

We got out the cab and I cursed my stupid self for forgetting to bring money, not that I had any but Mikey paid, guessing I wouldn't have brought any.

The street was packed with cars and it was still another hour until the wedding began.
"So where to?" Mikey said to me
"Uh I guess we go find my mom" I replied nervously

We shuffled up to the door, Mikey still leading the way, holding onto my shaking hand.
I rang the doorbell and could hear the laughing and clinks of glasses and bottles from inside.
I begged for mom not to be drunk, just this once.

My step-father to be answered the door with a big grin.
"Frank isn't it?" he said looking back and forth between me and Mikey.
"This is Frank" mikey said softly and stepped out from in front of me so that I was no longer hidden.
"Oh yes Frank! Its good to meet you! Come in!" he shouted
Mikey led my hand into the house which was too packed full of people for me to see what it was actually like.

"I'm Davie, in case you didn't already know Frank" the man shouted at me, leaning towards me to hug me but my body flinched away from him, quivering slightly and Mikey saw it.
He gazed at me with worrying eyes and tightened his grip on my hand.

"You should go find your mom, she is probably upstairs, go on up....are you alright Frank?" he said to me

Was I that obvious?
In truth, I felt myself reacting extremely badly to all this and was fighting hard to keep my composure.

"Yeah I'm fine...I'll go find her" I mumbled quickly and Mikey took me by the hand upstairs.

We found my mom in her bedroom, surrounded by rushing women and people doing her hair and makeup.
There was an empty bottle sitting on the desk and I took a pretty good guess as to who had drank the majority of it.
"Frank?" she turned and asked as if she honestly didn't know her own son but it wouldn't have surprised me.
"Told you I would come didn't I mom" I replied in just a whisper, my voice breaking as I fought back tears, I didn't like being here at all, it made me feel even more unwanted than I already was.

"You can both take the room next door so put your bags in there and come through and get yourself decent Frank" she ordered through slight slurred words.
Mikey sensed my nervousness and pulled me through to the plain, cold and empty spare room.
I pulled out my teddy and sat on the bed with it tucked in between my knees and my chest, clinging to the memory of the night that it held with it.

Mikey pulled of his jacket to reveal a white misfits t-shirt and he took out a black suit jacket that he threw on with his black jeans and boots, he looked so gorgeous.
He turned to see me, his face flashing with worry and he sat down on the bed with his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to him.

We sat like that for a while until Mikey pulled me face up to meet his eyes.
"Frank honey, you will have to go get ready, this thing starts in 10 minutes.." He said sadly

I got up and straightened myself out.
Mikey noticed the teddy he had given me and gave me a small smile.
"You brought it.." He said
"Of course I did....I named him Mr Way" I replied, pleased with its name.

"You named him after my dad..." he said, frowning
"No don't be so silly Mikey, I named him after you, he looked to grown up to be named without the 'mister' part" I explained
"Oh I see!" mikey replied sarcastically, laughing at me.
I frowned, making him laugh more and went off to find my mom.

She was pacing the room, stumbling a lot and stinking of strong alcohol.
I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath before I walked into the room.

"Frank! Quick you are late, go and get dressed" she slurred, handing me an odd looking suit.

I felt ridiculous when I got dressed into some sort of old fashioned black suit with a pink tie.

I shuffled over to Mikey who was leaning against the door frame in my mom's room.
"Aw Frank you look adorable" he said when he saw me
"No I don't mikey, I look ridiculous" I muttered
"No you don't! I feel underdressed next to you, I didn't really know what to wear.." He said
"Mikey you look just perfect" I mumbled

Mom came in and ushered us downstairs.
Even though it was the dead of winter, my mom still wanted the wedding in the garden so we all stood through the ceremony in the freezing cold.
Mikey sat in the third row and I had to stand with the other bridesmaids.
"You are definitely the prettiest here Frank" he had said before sitting down, I smiled when I looked around and remembered what he had said.

It was pretty short and then the party began.
I danced for a while with a reluctant Mikey until I noticed my mom downing drink after drink, stumbling around shouting joyfully at people.

It began to get dark and soon, twinkling fairy lights were turned on, sparkling like stars.
By this time, I noticed that me and Mikey could have been the only ones in the party still sober, everyone around us was laughing and dancing and drinking.
It started snowing quite heavily, making me giggle at the way it fell on everything, bringing a touch of magic into a world that had so many sins.

People around us started counting down from 10 and I realized it was new years eve.
I took Mikey's hand in my own and he gazed straight into my eyes when they reached 1.

"I think I love you Mikey" I whispered in his ear and he instantly pressed his lips against mine, parting his lips, letting my tongue entwine with his while cheers surrounded us and people started singing 'livin on a prayer' and more fireworks went off.

Gerard’s POV..

I hadn't heard from Mikey all day, I wasn't sure if he was out or not but I didn't care.
Then again, for the past week I hadn't seen anybody and hadn't eaten or slept.

I lived and breathed for Frank and I had fucked it up, I had terrified the kid.
Watching the clock tick by, I knew I had missed the wedding that I was supposed to be going to with Frankie but the party would still be going on.

I couldn't get past how much I had ruined it.
Frankie had been so innocent, so breakable but he had trusted me not to break him, I had done more than that, I had shattered him.

A sudden thought flashed through me head and I sprang up from my bed where I had spent the past week.
I wasn't prepared to go into the new year without Frankie and I knew exactly where to find him.

I quickly changed and called a cab, locking the door and pacing the doorstep until it got here.

I rambled directions, not really knowing where to go but the cab driver seemed to know where I meant, saying something about driving two kids there earlier.

The journey was excruciatingly long and I tapped my foot impatiently the whole way there.

I got out, quickly paying the driver with a load of scrunched up notes, having no idea how much was there.
I looked at my cell phone, it was a minute to midnight.
I hesitated, not knowing whether to knock on the door but the sounds of the new year countdown coming from the garden, gave me a hint as to where to go.

I ran around to the back and scanned the crowd for Frankie.
As everyone shouted 'one!' and started cheering, I saw Frankie whispering into some boy's ear then the boy leaned down and kissed Frankie, wrapping his arms around him.

My blood boiled in anger, I froze to the spot, shaking my head in disbelief as they pulled away for air and I saw the boy's face...

It was MIkey.

I couldn't believe what I was watching, my own brother and Frankie! Frank was gazing up at him with those honey golden eyes, giggling at him.
I hated him, he had stolen my angel.

My hands clenched into fists at my sides and I moved towards the 'happy couple'.
Mikey saw me first, his eyes pleaded with mine but my head wasn't thinking about what Mikey wanted but only about getting Frankie back.

"What the fuck Mikey! My own fucking brother!" I shouted when I reached them.

Nobody was paying attention to us because they were all to preoccupied with seeing how many tequila shots they could down in one.

"Gee I...I am sorry, I didn't want you to find out this way" he mumbled

Frankie was hiding behind my brother by now and Mikey was pleading with me to shut up but I wouldn't stop, the anger and hurt was too much.

My fists clenched tighter, turning my knuckles white.
"Gerard you have to calm down, you are gonna hurt someone" my brother replied
"I love him Gee, he looked after me" Frankie whispered from behind Mikey, only just loud enough for me to hear.

That sent me over the edge.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and my fist collided with Mikey's jaw.
"You fucking whore Mikey...you are my brother, I thought better of you" I hissed
Tears built up in his eyes and Frank gripped his hand.

"Gee, why did you do that? Don't you know you are hurting me?" he said innocently, tears staining his cheeks.

My heart broke into a million pieces at his words.
"I am so sorry" I said, gazing into his golden eyes for one more moment before turning to leave.

I swayed through blurred visions of people dancing and laughing, out onto the street where I heard a soft, angelic voice calling my name behind me.

My legs broke into a run and I ran all the way through the street, having no idea where I was going but having to get away from the beautiful voice calling my name, still running after me.
The voice was desperate and sobbing but I couldn't face seeing him in my state, eventually it faded into the darkness.

Frank's POV..
My mind was finding it hard to get itself around what had just happened.

I had hurt Gee more than I had ever believed possible and he had blamed Mikey, not me.
I had continued to hurt him until he had ran from me, not wanting to see me, speak to me any longer.

On top of all of that, I had hurt Mikey too.
I had come between the closest brothers I had ever known.
I didn't deserve to still be alive.

I ran after Gee as soon as he had left, tears were flooding down me cheeks and I could barely speak but I made my legs run after him and made my voice shout loud enough to reach him, still he didn't stop.

I didn't make it far before I could no longer see him and my running slowed to a stumbling walk.
I stumbled through the darkness for what seemed like ages before I realized I had no idea where I was.

That was when I had had enough.
My legs gave way to the ground and I lay, sobbing like the little cry-baby I am, in the middle of the cold sidewalk.
I cried until the tears no longer had the strength to fall from my eyes and my body no longer had the strength to move.

It began to snow again, the small white snowflakes fell over me and all around me.
I was quite happy to let them have me, its what I deserved.

I wanted to lie in the cold and let myself be swallowed by it but I was too exposed to the passing cars.
I scrambled to my feet, dragging my broken soul through to the nearest small alley where I collapsed down comfortably in the snow.

I dreamed of cold icy fingers biting, scratching and gnawing at my skin, ready to take my lonely life but realizing it wasn't a dream just brought a new batch of tears to my eyes.

I could hear what sounded like a lot of people shouting a swearing not far away but as they got closer, I hugged my knees to my chest but it wasn't enough to go unnoticed.

There we're five of them and from where I was, they looked very big and terrifying.
The biggest of them stepped forward and kicked me as he spoke, sending shooting pains up my legs.

"What the fuck you think you are fucking doing here, this is ours!" he spat at me
I didn't reply, hoping they would just shoot me and be done with it.

"I think the little faggot needs taught a lesson about where to fucking keep himself out of!" he gestured to the other four boys.

-----------------------------

A/N :) hope everyone is liking it so far... i posted another double chapter cause the first one was too short i thought so this one is rather long and i tried to leave it on a cliffhanger for you all. thanks so muchh for all the reviews :) i love that you all take the time to let me know what you think. So keep reviewing and i have more to post :D also Happy new year to everyone...hope you all had a good one and happy birthday Bob for yesterday :)
Stazzia xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story