Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 27

by flawedrainbow 4 reviews

-Evie- Please Review!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-01-08 - Updated: 2009-01-09 - 2214 words

0Unrated
A/N hey guys! We were wondering, is our story getting boring? 'cause we haven't received any reviews for the last few chapters. give us some con crit and we'll change our story up and everything. Please review, it makes the world go round... the ficwad one anyway. Thanks guys! xx

---------------------------------------------
-Evie’s POV-

Holly pulled me into my room and began to rifle through my wardrobe as if she were on a mission. Clothes were being flung around the room, shoes followed, until she made a small noise of victory and placed an outfit on the bed. Then, she turned to me with a huge smile on her face and dragged me into the bathroom, sitting me down on the bath ledge.

“Holl-”

“No, just trust me Evie. Now, be quiet and don’t move.” She said, interrupting me before launching a full-flared attack on me with many different types of paint-sorry, make up.

Holly! You said casual!” I exclaimed upon seeing my reflection.

“Well, I lied.” She shrugged with a grin.

I stomped my foot, crossed my arms and pouted.

“Why are you acting like a 5 year old for now?” she asked, sounding amused.

“I look like... someone else! I want to look like... me, not some uhh, vamped up kinda barbie looking girl.” I rambled, not knowing what I was saying in the end.

Holly nodded, “What don’t you like?” she asked.


Once I had explained what I didn’t and did like, she washed the current paint off and re-attacked- sorry, reapplied my makeup, making me feel a lot more comfortable.

“Thanks Holl.” I smiled.

She smiled back brightly, “No problemo. Now get dressed missy!” she exclaimed, shoving the clothes into my arms (along with the shoes) and scurrying out of the bathroom.

I emerged from the bathroom dressed in a purple pleated skirt, black singlet and knee high black socks... I didn’t want to wear shoes at that moment. Holly rolled her eyes once she saw my shoe-less feet before chuckling.

A knock on the door made my heart beat faster. I turned to Holly and we looked at each other, silently communicating with our eyes.

He’s here!’ I thought happily with a smiled before running over to my door.
I yanked the door open, but my smile faded when I saw it wasn’t Brendon, just Nathan.

“Hey.” He said softly.

“Hi.” I replied.

We both stood there silently for a moment before I stepped aside and let him into my room.



“Nate, this is my best friend Holly. Holly this is my br-twin Nathan.” I stuttered, introducing the two.
They both shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.

“I’m sorry about this morning Dee.” Nathan said apologetically.

“It’s ok. Not your fault.” I smiled sadly at him, brushing off his apology.



He nodded, “Uhh, I really hate to say this but I have to go back home. I’m back at work tomorrow and I can’t miss anymore.” He told me.

My eyes widened as I looked up at him, “Oh.” I whispered.

He too looked just as sad, if not more, “I’m really sorry Dee,” he told me, wrapping me in a hug, “how about you come up and visit soon huh? Or I’ll come back and see you. Deal?” he asked, holding me at arm’s length.

“Deal.” I smiled, hugging him back tightly.

---

Nathan had left, and a few minutes had passed. Then more minutes, which turned into an hour. Which turned into 2, which... you get the point? Brendon still hadn’t shown up and Holly left long ago to leave me alone for when he got here. I scrubbed viciously at the make-up on my face and changed into a pair of old PJ’s before walking silently over to Ryan’s room.

He was sound asleep, and looked to be dreaming. I sighed inwardly before closing the door as quietly as I could manage and walking back into my room. After closing my own door behind me, I walked over to my window and stared out of it and looked up to the night sky.

Not many stars were out tonight, but the moon was glowing brightly and beautifully. It almost made me forget... almost.

I began to think about Brendon, and how I felt about him. What struck me was that he mustn’t care about me as much as I do him, and that’s why he wouldn’t listen to me explain... that was the only reason. A relationship is built on trust, and everybody knows I wouldn’t be able to cheat on someone. Bill says I’m too innocent and Holly says I wouldn’t be able to lie about it...

So why couldn’t Brendon believe me? I wiped away the tears that had fallen down my cheeks before slipping under the covers of my bed. It took a while, but sleep finally came.

-----

“Delilah Rose? Do you want some breakfast.” Tony or ‘dad’ asked me as I came down the stairs the next morning.

I nodded, “Yes, thank you.”

Tony smiled back before turning around and pecking Adrienne on the cheek before helping her cook the breakfast.



“Evie? Can I talk to you?” Ryan asked, tapping my shoulder.

“Sure.” I replied, following him upstairs to his room.

“What’s up?” I asked, yawning slightly afterwards.

“Have you packed?” he asked me.

I shook my head.



“Alright, well you need to pack. We’re meeting up at Patrick’s at 11am, so you’ve got a bit over an hour to pack.” Ryan told me.

“Oh, ok... what do I pack?” I asked clueless.

“Oh geeze, umm... here, I’ll help you pack. It’ll be fun!” he smiled at me, grabbing my hand and leading me upstairs.



“Y’know, I could’ve done that. All you did was throw every article of clothing I have in that suitcase.” I chuckled.

Ryan looked at me and mock glared, “Well fine! I can see that my assistance is no longer required!”
he exclaimed dramatically before storming out of the room... and walking straight back in.

As he saw my questioning stare he shrugged and answered, “It’s boring out there.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed before setting my sights upon the suitcase Adrienne had given me.



It was maybe just half full with the clothes Ryan put in. I didn’t own a lot at all. I only had a few pairs of jeans, a few shirts, and a couple of tank tops, a skirt and a jacket. But I didn’t mind, I was very thankful.

“Alright, you’re all packed, I’m all packed. Let’s go!” Ryan exclaimed, zipping my bag closed and racing downstairs to bid adieu to our family.

-----

Evie Doll! How’s my little sister doing?!” Patrick exclaimed once we had gotten there, wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

“I’m good Tricky Bear, how about you?” I replied once he let me go.

“Good. Stoked to go back on the road! What about you? Excited?” he asked happily.

“Uhh yeah. Sure.” I replied uneasily, feeling guilty as concern washed over his face.



I quickly darted away and ran upstairs to Holly’s room before barging inside and covering my eyes before I saw anything... just in case.

“Alright! I’m in the room, my eyes are covered, so please finish up so I won’t be mentally scarred again! ... although, I’m sure I’d be audio-Ily scarred if you continued to make noises, so please don’t ok? Good, now I’m rambling. I’ll stop now... Holly!”

“Calm down, we weren’t doing anything.” Holly said which led me to take my hands off my eyes.

“Oh yeah, and both of your lips being swollen and the fact that Bill has a lip gloss mark on his neck mean nothing. Of course!” I exclaimed sarcastically.



Bill and Holly both blushed before Bill lied back on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

“Are you packed?” Holly asked me.

I nodded, “Yep. Filled nearly half my suitcase with my stuff.” I chuckled.

“That’s good! ‘Cause I went shopping for you!” she exclaimed excitedly, running into her closet and pulling out 3 large shopping bags.



“Holl, no! I-I can’t-” I stuttered as she handed me the bags.

“Nonsense babe! This is mine and Bill’s present to you.” She smiled genuinely.

“No, I can’t take this!” I told her, handing the bags back to her.



“Evie, if you don’t take it, you know Holly will become upset. And then she’ll cry. And then she’ll get into one of those moods when she wants back massages constantly and won’t kiss me. Don’t do that to me! I’m begging you!” William exclaimed, on his knees in a begging fashion.



I rolled my eyes and looked at Holly, “Ok... but only because Bill puts on a good show.” I chuckled.

Holly and Bill nodded in unison, Bill looked extremely relieved.

“What’s in here?” I asked, peering into the bags.

“Stop!” Holly shouted, making my eyes dart up to meet hers, “You can’t look yet.” She told me seriously.



I tilted my head to the side in a confused manner, “Why?”

“Just, cause. You can open it all later, just go and put them in your suitcase. I’m sure it’ll fill it up a bit more.”



“Ok.” I said unsurely, turning around to open the door but stopping, “Come on. We should all head downstairs. Hey Bill, are you coming?” I asked, turning to face the both of them again.

He shook his head and smiled, “Nah, we’re actually heading out on our own little adventure... we’re going to record our album!” he exclaimed which made my eyes go wide.

WHAT?! Oh my god Billy!” I exclaimed, dropping my bags and jumping onto him and hugging my arms around his lanky frame.



“I’m so happy for you.” I whispered into his ear.

“Thanks.” He replied, as we parted and smiled.

“You called him Billy.” Holly smiled.



“Come on guys! We have to goooo!” Joe’s voice sounded through the door.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Holly smiled, grabbing her bag and heading out with Bill.

I picked up my bags from the ground and my guitar before following them back downstairs.



I placed my newly acquired bags inside of my suitcase and wheeled it out to the front, carrying my guitar case in my other hand.

“Where are we staying Tricky?” Holly asked her brother sweetly.

“You can stay in either bus.” He replied with a smile.

“I’m staying with you then.” She smiled.

“Me too.” I said quickly.



Patrick, Holly, Bill, Ryan, Brendon and Pete all turned to stare at me.

“Are you sure?” Patrick asked.

I nodded, “100% sure. Let’s go.” I said looking at Brendon only for a split second before getting on the bus.



I thought as per normal, I’d be staying with Patrick and Andy, but this time, it was Pete & Patrick and Andy & Joe. I couldn’t stay with Andy & Joe because I couldn’t handle smoke of any kind, be it ‘wacky tabacci’ or normal tobacco, and I also couldn’t not be with Patrick. It was just... not possible.



“Pete’s staying here y’know? Are you sure you’re ok with this?” Patrick whispered to me.

I took a deep breath and nodded before placing my bag on the bunk I had chosen, along with my guitar.

“It’ll be fine.” I said, trying to assure myself as well as Patrick.

“Ok.” He said unsurely, smiling a small smile and leaving me be... until a confused and angry looking Holly walks up to me and grabs my forearm, pulling me into the back room.



“Y-you’re scaring me.” I whimpered.

Holly immediately let go of my arm and closed the door behind her, and pulling me into a hug.

“Why aren’t you on with Panic? What did he do?” she asked worriedly.

“Nothing, I-I don’t really wanna talk about it kay?” I asked hopefully, with pleading eyes.

“Evie-”

“No, just-no. Don’t worry about it, I’m fine.” I told her, smiling forcedly.



“Ok... well,” suddenly, the bus lurched and we both fell onto the bed and began to laugh, “as you can probably tell, we are now moving. We’re driving... somewhere and won’t get there ‘till late so the guys booked some rooms at a hotel and well... you and Brendon were gonna share but we’ll share instead kay?” Holly asked me.

I nodded, “Sounds good.”

She got up and began to walk out but stopped abruptly, “Oh! Maybe we could go swimming? And when we get there, you can see what I bought you.” She smiled knowingly before leaving me alone.



I laid back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling and thought about everything.

1. I’m no longer with Brendon
2. I miss Brendon
3. I’m sharing a bus with... him
4. I have a sneaky and scary best friend
5. What’s in that damn bag?!
Sign up to rate and review this story