Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Masks we wear

A face of my Own

by Immortal7 2 reviews

Everyone wears a mask at one point in there lives. Some even wear masks to hide not just from others, but from themselves as well

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Padma,Pansy,Parvati,Tonks - Warnings: [!] [X] [?] - Published: 2009-01-09 - Updated: 2009-01-09 - 1705 words

5Insightful
Disclaimer: See previous chapter because I have nothing witty to say right now.

A/N May not be suitable for small children the ages 18 and under, but well all know that if you are on the internet your innocence is most likely lost already anyway, but I did warn you.

Mask Two: The Mask of Myself twin syndrome

His body is rather heavy. I still can't believe I agreed to on the bottom for this. He's not even any good. His strokes are erratic and his breathing is already out of control. I can feel him pulsating already and I'm not even close. "Parvati." Thank god I didn't think he was ever going to finish. He tries to hold me down and cuddle with me. I can already hear his words before they are even said. He's going to ask me if it was as good for me as it was for him. So I push him off the bed. Its really hard listening to the thud and not laughing at it.

As I roll off the bed on the opposite side I just start laughing as he struggles to get up, but his foot is stuck in the sheets. It is like a scene from one of those movies Parvati and Lavender are always watching. I almost feel bad for the poor little Hufflepuff. I bend down at the foot of the bed and grab my panties. I am not going to let him keep them. Thankfully most of my clothes are not to far from there making it easier to dress quickly and leave.

I head out his dorm room and get a few knowing winks from a few of the guys in the common room. So I place this little naughty smirk on and place a slight rock in my walk giving them a nice view of my ass. I can hear my afternoon... Well I can't call him a lover because normally it takes more than three minutes and seventeen seconds to get that title. I knew I should have stuck with that Slytherin fifth year. It is more than likely I would be just getting started right now if I had taken her instead of Mister Huff and Puff. Snakes have better tongues than badgers any day.

Not that I know anything about that. No my darling sister has a huge reputation to live up to. None of my tiny little exploits are ever going to even make a small ripple that is my Parvati's self made image. I'm more of a coattail rider this way. Much like I have been most of my life with her. Although sometimes I'm grateful to my darling sister for coming out o the womb first. I mean at least I don't have Mother and Father sending every pureblood with money and a penis at me.

I should really stop thinking so hard and find the empty classroom I placed all my clothes and backpack in. I need to get out of my sister's robes before I come across her or Lavender. I think that I am through thrashing what little self confidence I have had for the day. Well that not even true and I know it. I love myself. Hell I'm fully comfortable with myself. This is just my little way of being petty at my sister. I know as soon as somebody grabs her attention completely and my parents approve they will move to me. The quiet and meek little Ravenclaw will suddenly be an option, so half the previous men will be reintroduced. I suppose it will be nice to have my sister's hand me downs. I wonder how many of them will come field tested and Parvati approved.

Okay now I an just depressing myself. I need some fresh air after this afternoons little failure. Well some fresh air, a good book, a beautiful bushy haired Gryffindor, and a cigarette. More than likely I'll get three out of four. I think I can deal with that.

I quickly fold my sister's robes up and shrink them along with the tie and sweater, than shrink them and place them at the very bottom of my book bag. I notice for a split second that her robes are softer than mine. Just like her personality I guess. You know I'm must being going crazy babbling to myself, because I'm lying to myself. I can see all my problems and they stream from one source. I like myself and can be myself anywhere, but here in this school. I can't be who I am because my sister is here as well.

She is me at times just like I am her. Just not as much as we use to be. I like to dress like her when we are home. Or I should we share the same ideas on fashion sometimes she likes outfits I pick out as well. Its just here I try not to look like I am trying to be her. Yet I play dress up to be her. I wonder if Fred and George ever have this problem. I need to stop this little personal therapy session with myself. So I dress up as my twin to get laid since no one wants Padma Patail. I think our fourth year proved that. We look the bloody same and not one person asked me out. No they all want my sister since she puts out. And what did she do to help me and date with Ronald Weasley. If that was not a slap in my face from my sister I don't know what was. Her and Lavender laughed about the rest of the fucking year. That's it I'm starting to mope around like Harry did last year. I...okay I need outside to just get some fresh air to calm down before I hurt some one.

The cold air assaults my face as I leave the castle. I look forward and smile to myself as the snow slowly comes falling down. The quiet outside tells me that I should have most of the courtyard to myself. I walk around until I find a spot that I like to frequent since it has a beautiful view of the frozen lake. I vanish away the snow and place up a sun screen spell. And in an instant the spot is like a small piece of summer. It has to be the most useful spell my sister ever taught me. It was a variation of a tanning spell. Who would have thought.

This is my favorite spot. it's a little alcove between the stone works that as a beautiful view of the frozen lake. The lake looks beautiful from here. The way the sunlight dances through the light snow flakes and on to the ice. It reminds me of the days before we came to this school. Parvati and I use to play around the small pond behind the family house. We were inseparable back then. We would ice skate and make snow angels. Now she really only talks to me at home, like she is ashamed of me. She was my best friend for eleven years and in only a month I was replaced with Lavender Brown.

Well now that I'm good and depressed I need a cigarette. I don't care what anyone thinks about my bad habit. I have the sun, the iced over lake, a book, and my cigarette. I almost don't notice her until she enters the sun shield. She is covered in snow and has a nasty looking scowl on her face. If I'm honest with myself it makes her look quite cute.

"May I?" She reaches out to me and I'm almost positive I'm in a dream. "Padma, May I?" Her hand reaches closer to my face and I almost swear my heart stops beating. Than she touches my cigarette and the dream ends. I pull it out of my mouth and hand it to her. I watch her with a border line obsession as the cigarette is halfway consumed in one drag. Than she starts coughing. "Its been to long since I've done that. It was worth it though."

She hands it back to me and I wonder if she notices how fast I reapply it to my own lips. "Did it help Hermione?" I watch her nod, but her eyes are glazed over by the view of the lake. I don't try anything else right now. I want to ask her what is bothering her or say something corny like you can always talk to me if you want. I know that we don't really talk often enough to be that close yet. Maybe if I get her out here more often I will, but for now I just lean back and read my own book. I'll offer her one when she snaps back in to reality. Perhaps she might not mind me acting like who I view myself to be. I'm glad I came out here today.





A/N Here we go I'm slowly staying on task with this lets hope I stay there. This was the muffled thoughts of Padma. Up next is Pansy in a delightful little tail about a group of first years and the forever scowling witch of the green house. As always reviews are welcome as long as they are constructive. Yes I know that the grammar is a little off. (Okay a lot) , but I am not having much luck in the beta department at the moment. Feel free to point me a general direction. Or if you beta hit me over the head drag me into a cave all the while slamming my head in to a stone wall going this is how this sentence looks, not this. I promise sooner or later I'll get the point. My lovely fiancé said she would look over my works, but she works well over fifty hours a week at the moment and I'm not going to burden her anymore than she is at this time. If her case load lessens up maybe than, but that will not be for a while. Later everyone I hope you enjoyed.

Sign up to rate and review this story