Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Like I Did Yesterday

Don't fall asleep

by disturbedangel6 0 reviews

Nicole is okay everyone!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-01-11 - Updated: 2009-01-11 - 1539 words

0Unrated
Throughout some time I kept dozing in and out of conciousness. I only remembered a couple of scenes occuring in front of me. I remember Gerard trying to shake me awake, his face looked horribly frightened. I also remember the paramedics arriving and asking me inaudible questions which I never answered because my throat was so dry and numb. Next I remember being put on a hospital bed, from then I didn't bother being concious.


I couldn't really make out the voice but they sounded angry and upset. I tried to listen harder but I never understood what they were on about and I never got why the atmosphere smelled very unhome like. Maybe I'm dreaming.
I then sudden opened my eyes, sleep has somehow left me so quickly. I saw 5 men who I quickly recognized as Frank, Ray, Bob, Mikey and Gerard. They were muttering about for a couple more of seconds until Bob noticed that I was awake.
"Hey Nicole glad to see you back," he smiled.
I gave a slight smile.
"Nicole! You're awake! How are you feeling? Are you okay?" Gerard ran to my side and started shooting some more questions.
I stared blankly at him.
"Easy Gerard," Mikey had his hand on. "She just woke up."
They were acting like I was some precious metal or something.
"Hey Nicole, how are you feeling?" Frank asked with his face just inches away from mine.
"Frank don't stand that closely to her!" Gerard said protectively.
"Sorry," Frank stepped back. "I just thought she'd hear me better that way."
Gerard frowned at him.
They all then looked at me for me to say something.
"I'm fine," I spoke in a cracked dead voice.
"Do you remember anything?" Mikey asked.
I nodded which gave me a slight headache. "Kinda."
"Well someone put a cutting knife in between the dirty dishes on the bench. So the knife was pretty much jammed there and you kinda walked into it."
"They stitched your arm," Bob added.
I shivered by it. "How many stitches?"
"Five," Mikey told me.
I was seriously glad that I was knocked out when they stitched me. "Eugh," was all I said.
"I'm so sorry for this Nicole," Gerard spoke up again.
I really didn't need him to apologize, I mean I needed this type of shock right now like when people just pinch themselves to see if they're dreaming or not and that's what I needed. That I needed to wake up and stop being stupid with myself, with this lust that I have for Gerard. I can't keep pushing him and I just have to realise that nothing will happen between me and Gerard.
"It's okay. Stuff like this is bound to happen," I said in a soft voice.
"I mean I shouldn't have some party at my house. If I didn't then you wouldn't have ended up here in pain," he said.
"I'm not in pain," I told him. I was half lying, it did hurt but it didn't bother me that much.
"But, it's my fault that you-"
"It's not your fault," I sighed.
"No it is-"
"Gee, she said it wasn't your fault." Frank interrupted him.
"Hey Frank, why don't you-" the angry Gerard was once again interrupted.
"Gerard why don't we get coffee and Nicole can get some more sleep," Bob pulled Gerard up forcefully.
"No I think I'm fine here," Gerard tried to sit back down.
"No Gee," Ray butted in and pulled him along. "You need coffee."
I watched Gerard getting forced out of the room.
"Sorry about Gerard," Frank smiled. "He's just worried about you that's all."
"Hmm," I made it sound so sarcastic, maybe too sarcastic than I planned to.
"No really," Mikey sat down on the chair beside the bed. "You should see how he beats himself up after the incident, we had to literally stop him."
"Yea," Frank agreed. "I never knew Gerard cared for you just like how a father would care about his daughter."
My heart felt like it dropped into my stomach, "I guess you're right," I gulped.
"You really are a good girl, aren't you? Staying with Gerard even though he's not your real father," Mikey smiled and patted my head. "I'm gonna go get your doctor and see when you can get out of here."
I really needed to get over Gerard. This is wrong. He only cares for me in a fatherly way. Bad Nicole.
While I was beating up myself mentally, Frank excused himself and came back a few minutes later with a bouquet of different flowers which said get well soon.
My eyes widened as he put it on the table beside me. "Uh Frank, why did you get those?" I pointed at them with my free hand.
"'Cause, you're in a hospital and you need some flowers."
"I didn't need any flowers Frankie," I looked at him.
"Oh come on I know you were jealous of the other patients that have pretty flowers in their room," he winked.
"No Frank, no."
"Yes Nicole, yes."
I sighed, "Thanks."
"You're welcome," he somehow had a pen in his hand and started writing on the little card that was attached to the flowers. "Nicole, hope you get well soon. You still look gorgeous on the hospital bed," he winked at me again. "With love Frankiexx."
I giggled, "Thanks again Frank."
"Uh, uh, uh Frankie."
"Frankie."
"No say the whole thing again," he grinned.
I sighed, "Thanks again Frankie. You happy now?"
"Yep," he just kept grinning.


We got back home a few hours later after Gerard signed the paperwork. Frank, Mikey, Ray and Bob came alone with us. It was pretty much 5 in the morning and they were to drowsy to go home so they stayed over. They were like those seven dwarves in snow white or something only that there were only 5 of them. They just kept standing there in my room waiting for me to ask them for help.
"You guys should totally sleep," I told them. "It's not like I'm paralyzed it's just a scratched arm," I lift my arm that was covered in bandage over the injury.
Frank shook his head as a no.
"Seriously," I frowned at them.
"Okay Nicole needs sleep everyone and you guys do too," Gerard announced. "The couch and beds a ready for you downstairs," he shoved them all out.
"Night Nicole," they all called out.
"Goodnight," I waved.
Gerard walked back to me and handed me a very sugary drink that he gave me before. It tastes so horrible like so bad! It had like an overdose of sugar in it and I still don't know why the doctors think it's good for you.
"Here," he gave me the cup of the nasty drink. "Drink some more."
"No, I've had enough of that."
"But the doctors said you needed some sugar in your blood."
"It's okay," I put the cup on the bedside table. "I'll drink it tomorrow."
He nodded, slightly defeated.
"You should get some sleep," I tried to sound nice.
"No," he said on the side of the bed. "I'm fine like this."
I watched him rubbed his eyes. I sat up, "Seriously, get sleep."
"What if I don't want to?" he smirked.
"Then I'll have to forcefully take you to your bed," I narrowed my eyes at him.
"Okay, okay," he chuckled and stood up. He then looked at me seriously, "I'm really sorry about what happened and if I freaked you out with the whole bashing thing, I didn't mean to."
"I know, it's cool. It's what father's do right?" it wasn't really a question that needed to be answered.
He seemed to look at the cup in the table, "Yea."
I nodded and didn't say anything, I just waited for him to break the awkward silence.
"Well just call my name out loud if you need anything. I'll get up in a jiffy," he smiled and kissed my cheek which seemed like a first. "Goodnight."
"Goodnight," I said trying not to sound awstruck.

I tried to sleep, I really did but my mind just couldn't stop going "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god he kissed my cheek!". Yea, call me crazy.
"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I muttered harshly to myself. I really needed to get some sleep.
I then suddenly heard the next door to mine open and heard slow footsteps. I hoped it wasn't coming towards my room. Unfortunately, it did.
Gerard stood at my doorway looking trashy and sleepy as ever. His eyes were half open, "Nicole, is something wrong? I heard you talking or something."
Shit, I was loud wasn't I? "No Gerard, it must be your imagination."
"Oh," he stood there for a moment. "Well 'night then," he left before I said goodnight to him.
Phew. I looked back at the ceiling and tried not to think about anything. That was hard. Humans never stop thinking... I never knew that until I was about 9 when I was watching a children show called 'Playschool'. Gay.





Wow, now that's over
Phew
Do you believe in the unexpected? I do now.
Fuck I'm in love with kittens xD


Review?
Sign up to rate and review this story