Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Living on a prayer

Take my hand and you'll make it - I swear

by Leah270193 0 reviews

The moment has finaly arrived....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-01-18 - Updated: 2009-01-18 - 1281 words

0Unrated
A/N: I love doing this story. I get a bit cringey and graphic in some of it , sorry! But you want it to be realistic don't you! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy righting it (which is a lot) Review please xx


‘Kat are you okay honey?’
I was really worried and anxious; all she’d done is lie in bed all afternoon. I hoped she was okay and wasn’t feeling ill or anything.
‘Urm, yeah. Gerard honey-’
My heart skipped a beat or two or maybe three or four, I think I knew what was coming next.
‘I think I’m in labour’
Whoa, even though I knew it was coming shit, did I feel scared (excited at the same time though). She was probably in quite a lot of pain so I offered to rub her back for her. I’d read the section about labour in my book about ten times and I just about memorized everything. Yet I still felt strangely unsure.
For an hour I sat there massaging her back and asking her repeatedly if she was okay and if she wanted me to take her to hospital yet. I kept questioning in my head whether I would be able to calm down enough in order to drive safely.

‘Gerard honey, can I have a glass of water?’
‘Sure sweetie, I’ll be right back’

I didn’t want to leave her just in case, ya’ know. Like if the contractions got really bad or anything and she needed my help. I almost spilt the water all over the place when I was walking down to our bedroom to give it to her. It was such a weird feeling I felt happy and scared and anxious and excited all at the same time. The closest thing I could compare it to would be like falling in love for the first time, or winning some sort of major award.

At about eleven in the evening I drove Kat to the hospital. I helped her to the car and asked her if she was okay (probably the fiftieth time by then). I was surprised actually; that when I started driving I wasn’t speeding all the red lights, in fact I was probably driving the safest I had driven, well-ever. But no-doubt was I seriously on edge. I was literally leaning over the steering wheel and pressing my face against the window.
Kat was actually very quiet all the way there, which didn’t really help me to relax. I was nervous that if I’d ask her if she was alright one more time she would slap me.

At the hospital Kat became a lot more talkative; she was almost asking everyone in a white coat for pain relief. I, however was too shaky and hyper to say anything much. I was sweating like crazy and grinning stupidly because I could believe that soon we’d have our new baby girl in our arms. After a couple of minutes we were put into a separate room and I helped Kat get comfortable and into her night gown. She looked really pale and exhausted. I just sat by the bed clasping Kat’s hand and watched and waited for the team of nurses and the midwife to arrive. After a couple of seconds Kat turned to me with tears streaming down her pallid cheeks:
‘Gerard, I don’t know if I can do this. I’m in so much pain. It really hurts’ her voice was barely audible and slightly broken. A lump formed in my throat right there. Panic began to grab at every inch of me. But I held it together so I could help Kat out.
‘You’ll be okay, I’m here baby’

Within five minutes Stephanie, our midwife appeared with three other nurses.
‘Kat, are you alright, do you need anything’

She was struggling to get her words out; she looked at me with distress in her pretty blue eyes for furtherance,
‘Uh, I think some sort of pain relief would be good’
‘Okay Kat, what would you prefer. We can try some gas and air or you can have an epidural.’
Kat swallowed back a few tears and drew a deep breathe and manage to reply ‘Epidural please’
Within seconds I helped Kat to sit up and Stephanie brought out the biggest needle I had ever seen in my entire life. Just at the sight of it I started to feel sick and faint and it wasn’t even going into me. Soon I was as pale as Kat.

Fifteen minutes passed and Kat started to look way more relaxed, which helped me feel less tense. Stephanie examined Kat to see if she was ready, I was really praying she was. I couldn’t wait to stop feeling so agitated by the complete excited and anxious feeling that was running rampant inside of me.
‘Okay Kat I think your ready, don’t worry too much because your body should know what to do. Just follow my guidance as well, okay? If you need anything we’re all here to help you.’

Time seemed to drag on and on it had been nine hours and it was now morning. I wasn’t feeling tired. The adrenaline of being so expectant and excited kept be going, but I could tell Kat was finding it tough. Her skin seemed to get really sallow and more translucent. I was concerned she was running out of energy. But after twenty minutes Stephanie told Kat that she was almost there. I could have jumped up and down and shouted for joy but I thought it would be a little bit inappropriate. My eyes kept on looking from Kat’s drained face to Stephanie’s concentrated one. Suddenly something changed dramatically in her face. She looked fearful which in turn made me feel the same. She asked one of the nurses to get a doctor and I could feel my blood run cold. I gripped Kat’s clammy hand and observed her expression for the moment. She had her face turned towards me, her eyes on mine yet trickling down and off her nose were tears. She gave me a small ‘I’m okay’ smile, but it did nothing so make me feel any less distressed.

A middle age female doctor with pinned back brown hair walked in swiftly. She introduced herself and told Kat in a soothing voice that she was going to be okay and she was nearly there. I tried to believe her, I really did. I wanted too as well but the sinking feeling in my stomach wouldn’t let me.
Doctor Clarke then took over from Stephanie and all the while spoke to Kat gently. A nurse placed a damp cloth on Kat’s forehead. All I could do was kiss Kat on the cheek and tell her how well I though she was doing and how insanely proud of her I was.

‘Okay one more gentle push Kat, you’re doing great.’ I felt tears start to leak from my eyes and one of the nurses’s placed a gentle hand on my shoulder. Then the moment me and Kat had been waiting for, for the past nine-months happened.



A/N: Who's feeling soft and fluffy inside? How about awkward or cringey. Who thinks it needs more detail (lol I don't know I I could include too much more, unless you want diagrams!!!!)
Who thinks it's plain unrealistic? Well let me know, these aren't retorical questions!!!

Lots of love and respect from you're adoring author,

Leahxxx
Sign up to rate and review this story