Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Heaven Help Us

Back to School

by xx__ilovemikey__xx 3 reviews

everyone goes back for a potentialy good day back at school until frank disappears and mikey loses control...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-01-20 - Updated: 2009-01-20 - 2057 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV…
I woke late of course.
We only had ten minutes to get ready and as much as I would have rather just let the beautiful angel sleep, he had wanted to go to school and would kill me if he missed it.

"Honey, school wakey wakey" I said softly, brushing the hair out of his angelic face.
"Hmm?" he mumbled, rubbing his eyes and stirring slightly
"We are late sweetie" I said, helping him to his feet
"Tired Gee...sore..don't wanna..." he mumbled sleepily

"Come-on hun you will kill me later if I don't get you up" I said and helped him into my clothes as he didn't have any of his own that weren't covered in blood.
"I have to use the phone" he managed to say
"Its over there hun, be quick" I replied and pointed to the phone on the other side of my room

He stumbled over to it and dialled a number from a bit of paper before leaving my room.

A couple minutes later he stumbled back with a tired expression and pain filled eyes, on the brink of tears.
"Its too sore Gee..." he muttered as I got dressed then took his hand downstairs.

Mikey was already up and sitting at the table, an empty glass in front of him that probably had contained water.
"You okay Frank?" he asked worriedly
"Pain.." He muttered back, only half awake
Mikey frowned and got up, stumbling slightly.

"Mikey you have to eat something.." I said to him
"I'm fine Gerard, don't nag me" he mumbled back and opened the door.

"Gee..I forgot something, I have to go get it" Frankie mumbled, pulling away from me and stumbling upstairs.
He came back a few minutes later with a nervous expression.

I locked the door behind us and took Frankie's hand.
"Ready to go hun?" I asked him
"Mmhmm" he mumbled in reply and we all walked off towards the school.
We spent the walk to school in silence.
Frankie could barely keep his eyes open, I wasn’t so sure he would be able to do school. I thought he was himself again but he seemed extremely irritable and tired all morning.

Mikey waked with us, constantly glancing worriedly at Frank and only just having the energy to walk. We definitely shouldn’t have gone back.

We walked slowly into registration, my hand in Frank’s after walking Mikey into his class.
Of course, the moment we set foot in there, the whispers and gasps started, even Mr Gray seemed surprised to see us.

“What a surprise Mr Way! Can I see you both outside?” he said after frowning at the state Frank was in.
I guess I didn’t really blame him. Frank was still covered in bruises and he looked exhausted.

“Gerard, have you cleared this with the head teacher? Frank doesn’t look very fit to be back yet” he said softly to me with a concerned expression.
I forced a smile and gripped tightly on Frank’s hand.
“Frankie said yesterday he wanted to come back. I said I would cause he looked much better. He is just tired this morning that’s all.” I replied

He continued to eye us up for another few minutes before nodding and letting us back into the class.
Ignoring the remarks from the class, I sat Frankie down and took my own seat. We listened to Mr Gray for another ten minutes and then the bell rang. I wasn’t sure that Frank had taken in a word, he looked as if he was about to burst into tears but snapped at me every time I asked if he was okay and wouldn’t let me take him away from the school so I had no choice but to get him through the morning and speak to Mikey at break.

The same pattern continued through the morning classes but as the bell rang for break, Frankie sprang out of his seat and left the class as quick as he could, leaving me standing with a bewildered expression glued to my face, not knowing quite what to do.

I searched everywhere for him, I didn’t think he would have left but eventually I knew I had to tell Mikey and get him to help me.

“You let him run off!” Mikey shouted when I told him, the colour draining from his, already pale, face.
“He left before I could follow him Mikes. I’m sorry, I cant find him anywhere” I said softly, trying hard not to panic and think the worst.

“looking for me!” a familiar voice sounded from behind me.
Thank god.
“God Frankie where have you been!” I shouted, throwing my arms thankfully around him.
“Sorry Gee. I just had to see someone. I’m okay though. Actually I’m great!” he sang

He did look a hundred times better. He was still rather pale but he was happy again and wide awake. His golden eyes couldn’t have been wider. He was jumping up and down and smiling form ear to ear.

I heard Mikey take a sigh in relief behind me as Frankie hugged me back.
“So what’s next! I cant wait!” Frank squealed as the bell rang and we headed for our next class.
“Chemistry honey” I smiled
“Oooh experiments! Will you be my partner Gee?”
“Of course I will sweetie” I replied
He grinned and we stopped at the door of Mikey’s class.

“Look after him okay Gerard?” he said
“I will Mikes, please don’t sit and worry”

“Don’t worry about me Mikey. I am fantabulous! I couldn’t be happier” Frankie said, hugging Mikey tightly and landing a kiss on his cheek.
Mikey smiled and blushed slightly before turning to walk into his class.

We arrived late to Chemistry but I think the teacher was just glad we were even there so we took our seats and sure enough, there was an experiment going on at other desks.

“No Frankie! Don’t drink it! It could be poisonous” I said, pulling the beaker away from him as he attempted to drink the solution we had just made.
“Spoil sport.” he pouted
“Where’s the dangerous Gee I used to know?” he winked
I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek softly before answering.
“I have to look after you sweetie. I cant watch you get hurt again”

“My very own guardian angel!” he smiled

The rest of the day went smoothly and I started to think that maybe Frankie was going to be okay.
Lunchtime came and we met up with Mikey who sat with us for the first time he had ever done since we had both been in this school.
Frank sat in between both of us, leaning his head on Mikey’s shoulder as he spoke to me. I knew he had to choose one of us at some point. Mikey knew it too and I hoped Frankie realized that he couldn’t have both of us but I understood it was an difficult decision for him to make.

I picked at my lunch, Frankie sat eating his happily, I didn’t think anyone would eat the school food like he did unless they hadn’t eaten in years.

Mikey sat glaring at his. I could see his fingers twitching slightly as he counted.
“Mikey, please eat something. Everything is okay, you can eat. Nobody doesn’t want you too” I assured him softly.
He looked away from me, leaning his head on top of Frankie’s and ignoring me, pushing away his food.

“Mikey. Please.” I begged.
He stood up and walked off, a tear falling from his eye as he left. He thought I didn’t notice.
I knew it was past being easy to help him now but I wasn’t going to let it get like last time.
I was here for him this time. Every step of the way whether he liked it or not.

Frank tried to avoid asking questions but I could tell he was confused and wanted to know what was wrong.
The bell rang and we finished the rest of the day without a hitch.
Mikey was nowhere to be seen when we got out of school and I guessed he had gone home at lunchtime.
My parents were home when we got back but Frankie didn’t seem as apprehensive as he usually was when they were around. He skipped into my house, quietly humming to himself.

“Gerard is that you?”
“Yeah mom. I’m with Frank”

She came rushing through with a broken smile fixed on her face. I hadn’t realized what all this must be doing to her and my dad. They had no idea what was going on and must have noticed something wrong with Mikey on top of everything else by now.

“Frank honey, how are you doing?” she asked
“I feel much better thanks” he replied politely with a huge grin.
“That’s good to hear. Gerard, I think Mikey is up in his room. He seemed quite upset and he wont let anyone in his room. Maybe you could talk to him?” her face relaxed for a moment at Frank’s answer, only to tense again with worry for my baby brother.
“I’ll see what I can do mom” I replied, taking a joyful Frankie upstairs and making sure he stayed put in my room while I went to check on my brother.

“Mikey?” I knocked lightly on his door. I could hear him crying from inside and I prayed he hadn’t done anything stupid.
“Mikey….I’m coming in okay?” I continued, pushing open the door.

He was curled up on his bed, hugging a teddy to his chest.
I lay next to him, wrapping my arms around him and letting him turn around and cry into my shoulder.
“I feel so helpless. I love him so much” he cried softly
It shocked me to hear how much Frankie meant to him, I hadn’t known he loved him that much, it would destroy him if Frankie pushed him away.

“It’s okay baby. He loves you too. I know he does. You have to stay strong for him Mikes. For me.” I replied
He calmed down and I put the TV on for him, making sure he was okay before going back to Frankie.
His good mood had worn off slightly and he looked exhausted again but the hint of a smile was still there as I returned to the room.

“He was upset cause of me wasn’t he?” Frankie said brokenly
“He just worries about you honey that’s all”
“Frankie….you know you will have to choose one of us baby don’t you? We both love you so much” I said softly
“I cant talk about this right now Gee” he said, getting up and heading towards the bathroom.
I had blown it. I didn’t want to force it on him but for Mikey’s sake, we couldn’t go on like this.

He was in there a while before he returned, a smile glued to his cute face and he didn’t look so tired any longer.
“I’m sorry I snapped Gee….” he said, wrapping his arms around me and tackling me onto my bed in a fit of giggles.
He rolled on top of me so he was straddling my hips, still laughing. That laugh that I had missed so much, it made me smile to hear it again.
He leaned down and kissed me for the first time in a long time. His beautiful lips gently brushing against mine for a few moments before he sat up again with a smile.
He was my Frankie again. Or so I thought.

---------------------------

A/N: thanks to CaroBECKETT foor reviewing my last chapter, we have an update. this one is leading to something and the end is finally coming soon- in a couple of chapters i think- so review and tell me your thoughts as always :) i would love to have more than one review this chapter so make my wishes come true and you will have a super quick update tomorrow
xoxo Stazzia
Sign up to rate and review this story