Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Star Wars: Knights of the New Republic Episode I: Daughter of the Sith

Chapter 2

by Classic_Cowboy 0 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Bonnie, Josh M., Kim, Ron, Shego - Published: 2006-03-20 - Updated: 2006-03-20 - 2873 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Race Through Coruscant



Mara Jade stood on the ledge of the cliff overlooking the four-towered fortress known as the Hand of Thrawn. Then she saw it coming down like a comet. Her freedom. Her independence. Her one and only belonging, the only thing she had owned. Her starship Jade Fire was plunging headlong into the hanger of the mighty fortress.

The only thing that was falling faster then her ship was the tears from her eyes, caused from remembering the most painful yet happy day of her life. But as the ship plunged into the hanger and exploded she noticed something was missing.

"Luke?" She realized what was missing. Luke's supposed to be here, he was here to hold her when her world came crashing down three months earlier, so why isn't he here in her memory.

Mara wiped her cheeks, before walking back into the cave where she had left Luke to recover from his injuries, and the sight she saw made the breath catch in her throat.

Luke was sitting up with Callista, Luke's first real love and former Jedi Knight, sitting across his lap with her arms around his neck, her lips on his and her tongue obviously in his mouth.

Callista pulled away from the kiss and Luke brought his gloved hand up to brush away a strand of her choppy hair. "What about Mara, Farmboy?" Callista asked. using Mara's personal nickname for the Jedi Master.

Luke's blue eyes looked at her then glancing at Mara in confusion before looking back at the girl in his lap, "Mara who?"

"You gave up everything and for what, my dear?" a old rough voice called from behind the shocked former assassin, "you gave up your everything to be abandoned. As if you didn't know it would happen, that you could never fill the void she left."

Mara spun around and stumbled backwards, falling hard on her bum, staring up at Emperor Palpatine who was laughing hysterically. "You will always be alone." He laughed, gazing down with his evil dead eyes.

Mara sat up rapidly in her bed breathing rapidly. Her golden red hair plastered to her along with her nightshirt. "Just a dream ..." Mara whimpered, brushing the tears and plastered hair from her cheeks.

/Mara?/ she heard Luke's voice echo through the Force, /Are you alright?/

/Yeah,/ Mara replied, /Just a dream that's all./

/Do you need .../ Luke's voice started low and suggestively in her mind.

/Down, Skywalker/ Mara scolded, /you're still in Sith spit after the cooking comment, Farmboy, so you better quit while your ahead./

/Night then,/ Luke responded quickly and fearfully, leaving Mara with both a smile and a guilty pang.

Mara quickly shook it off and kicked her feet out over the side of her bed. She pulled on a pair of pants and made her way to the small kitchen that served this wing of the school.

She approached the small kitchen made for basically private dinning meetings and Luke's often midnight snack attacks.
But what surprised her was from the outside she could hear the beeps and whistles of Luke's personal Astromech droid R2D2 and she also sensed the presence of someone else in there. She spoke to Luke through the Force earlier and knew he was in his room, so only one other person would be up at this hour and in the kitchen of all places.

"You're up late, Stoppable," Mara said walking into the kitchen to find Ron sitting at the large table, shoveling down nachos and cheese with R2 beeping and whistling a practically one-sided conversation with the non-attentive Jedi. "Still upset about not making the cut this afternoon?" the redhead asked, sitting down across from the unaffected teenaged Apprentice.

"No ... yes but that's not really it," Ron sighed taking a break from the nachos. "See what you sense in Mankey's room," Ron suggested, before diving back into the nachos.

Mara stretched her feelings through the Force toward Josh Mankey's quarters a level above them, but quickly withdrew her force tendrils with raised eye brows, "Oh ... ouch, sorry, Ronnie."

"Why?" Ron asked shoving a nacho covered in cheese into his mouth.

"Why?" Mara asked again, a bit dumbfounded.

"Figured I'd sum up my questions," Ron smiled weakly, "Number 1: why are you up, and number 2: why are you sorry?" Ron then shook his head, "I can guess, as for why you're sorry: you think I'm jealous or something of KP and Sir Monkey Butt. And that's not the case."

"Is it?" Mara asked quirking an eyebrow.

"She's my best friend, has been since as long as I can remember. I just think she can do loads better then the guy who spends majority of his credits on hair gel. That's all."

"You sure you're not a Skywalker?" Mara asked, "Denial is a family trait that I've noticed. Now you going to tell me number why I'm up?" she asked playfully letting her lower lip stick out giving her a mock puppy dog pout.

"You sure you're not a Possible?" Ron chuckled, "You got the trademark pout pretty good."

"Ok mister wise Jedi Master to be, why am I awake at this Sith awful hour?" Mara teased, taking one of his nachos off his plate and began to nibble on it.

"You're hair's all sweaty, and your eyes are red from possibly crying so I figure it was a nightmare?" Ron asked knowingly, as Mara choked on her nacho.

"I haven't been crying," Mara snapped, a blush crossing her cheeks, "I don't cry, It's just ... from lack of sleep, yeah!" she then noticed Ron's blank stare. "What is it?"

"Jedi Master-to-be?" Ron asked a blush forming on his cheek.

"Yeah, Jedi Master to be," Mara nodded, smiling knowingly at the youth. "You're as stubborn and foolishly naïve as Luke not to be. One of the reasons Farmboy thinks so highly of you."

"Mara, can I ask you something," Ron asked sheepishly, waiting for her curious nod. "I was just wondering, I've seen you show up every now and then, but then three months ago after Master Skywalker went to rescue-" Ron started but stopped on the word, then corrected himself at the death glare Mara gave him, "Help you ... is that ok? Um help you out on that planet. Then he came back with you two engaged, I'm just curious on what happened out there?"

Mara smirked slightly before sitting back in her seat, "Being alone with your best friend in a damp dark cave for over a week makes you look at things a little differently," Mara stated with a content sigh. "He even kissed me while we were in there after I was shot. He doesn't know I hadn't fallen into a healing trance yet, and I have no intentions of him finding out, and if I should find out you breathed a word of it to him or anyone else, you might find a one of your nacos crammed up the other end, read me freckle boy?"

Ron nodded rapidly and Mara placed her hand on her forehead and shook her head, "Not sure why I'm telling you this, but might as well get it out. Kim seems to think of you as a trust worthy confident and Skywalker trusts you too so ... why not ..."

"Anyway ..." Mara started again, stumbling for words, "I've always ... liked Skywalker, even when I was trying following the Emperor's order to kill him, he just has a likable feel to him. Most people see him as the legendary Master Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, slayer of the Emperor and Darth Vader, Savior of the Galaxy, and I even expected him to be this big walking ego, the kind of Jedi that the Empire taught the public, who were too busy with their heads up their own tailpipes to be useful but he was ... he was different."

"Instead of this egocentric show off," Mara chuckled, "I got this out of place farm hick who would believe me if I told him I was the grand queen of the Ewoks. I thought ... he had to be putting on a show but he really was ... is that naïve." Mara grinned at the memory of her first meeting with the Jedi. "Don't get Luke wrong, he has his ego, his little hero, savior of the galaxy, he has to be involved with everything or the whole flaking galaxy would fall apart syndrome going on, but he's also the type that if he is involved with something you know it's going to be ok. That's kind of how I really felt when he showed up and to res- help me a few months ago." Mara then threw up her hands, "Oh frag the damn thing! He rescued me, but if word of me admitting that leaves this room ... BOTH OF YOU will pay dearly, clear?" she asked moving her pointed finger from the droid to the apprentice.

Once she was satisfied with the fear from Ron's expression and the silence of R2D2 she continued, "Anyway, we had a fight with some droids, and during the fight we... we connected through the Force, it was like there wasn't Luke or Mara anymore, it was just ... us as ... one being. After the fight it looked like we were toast, it was practically over. Even I thought we were about to die, and I never quit. But then Luke came out of the blue with the biggest question the idiot could ask at the worst possible time." Mara laughed slightly, "The fool asked me to marry him."

R2 made a 'awe' sound and Ron just blushed, "After that it went kind of fast, Farmboy did what he was good at, pulled a way to survive out of a losing situation out of his butt. We hopped a ship and made it back just in time to find out the New Republic and the Empire had made peace. The end."

"That's cool," Ron smiled, earning a blush from the older Jedi, "Master Skywalker is a lucky guy."

"Kim is a lucky girl," Mara winked, standing up from the table. "At least will be when she figures out what she's got waiting for her. Now Apprentice Stoppable, we're leaving out for Coruscant early in the morning, so you need your sleep."

"Yes, Jedi Jade," Ron saluted with an imaginary Lightsaber, causing Mara to take a double take.

"Stoppable, you really do need to stop hanging around Skywalker so much ..." she said, shaking her head and walking out of the kitchen.

----

"Hope you don't mind us bumming a ride, Kim," Luke said carrying his and Mara's suitcases up the ramp of the Wildecat.

"Was this the only reason you asked us to come with you, Master Skywalker?" Kim asked, placing her hands on her hips, "So you wouldn't have to ride with that lunatic brother-in-law in his rust bucket that should be retired?"

"That rust bucket should have been retired back in the days of the rebellion, Kim," Luke laughed carrying their baggage, "but ... guilty as charged."

"I'm sorry, KP, but isn't this an older model then the Falcon?" Ron asked walking up with Rue Fus perched on his shoulder; both flinching at the glare Kim shot them.

"Older? Yes. Better shape? Most definitely." Kim replied, stomping toward the Jedi Apprentice.

She got up and got in Ron's face, serious green eyes locking with nervous brown, "And for the record, Jedi Stoppable ..." next thing Ron knew Kim had thrown her arms around him, forcing Rue Fus to jump out of the way, "those tests don't matter, you're a Jedi Knight to me." she then gave a quick friendly kiss on the cheek before turning back to the ship, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to make sure Tim and Jim haven't dismantled the hyperdrive again."

Ron stood there in shock, his hand resting on his cheek where Kim had kissed him. He watched her walk up the ramp to the medium sized freighter. Rue Fus scurried back to Ron's shoulder and glanced at the young Jedi, who was captivated by the incredibly tight pants over Kim's swaying hips. "Sometimes the female of the species can have a stronger power then that of either side of the Force. Agree, do you, my Apprentice?" the elder Jedi asked.

Kim stepped to the side as Luke walked down the ramp, and Ron didn't even notice that Mara was now approaching till he saw the Jedi couple gave each other a split second peck kiss on the lips before going into a conversation. Ron felt a pang of jealousy watching Luke and Mara, as Luke's hand went down to took Mara's before they walked into the Wildecat.

Ron began to fantasize a bit, replacing Mara with Kim and Luke with himself. When Kim's impatient, whinny voice came over the Wildecat's outer speakers interrupting Ron's daydream. "Ron!! Stop messing around! We're leaving, hurry up!"

"Oh, sorry KP!" Ron replied, dashing up the slowly rising gangplank. "Lets fly!"

----

The Wildecat slowly came out of lightspeed just outside the farthest moon of Coruscant, and the lights of the city-planet could easily be seen from there. "Welcome to Coruscant space," Kim said in mock seriousness as the Wildecat maneuvered to miss an ongoing freighter from the capital of the New Republic.

"Sweet," Ron whistled at the massive planet wide city visible from space, and the limitless stream of ships going in and out of the planet's atmosphere.

"Well, well, well, is that the tub of taun-taun paste I think it is?" a familiar voice hailed over the radio.

"Oh hell ..." Luke muttered, his blue eyes widening and his hand reaching for Mara's.

"No, you're in the tub of taun-taun paste, old man," Kim mocked, smirking at the radio.

"KP ..." Ron whimpered, buckling in, "Kim ..."

Ron glanced out of the co-pilot's seat to see Han Solo's customized YT-1300 Corellian Freighter The /Millennium Falcon/ sore over to fly beside them, "Hey now, Red, the Falcon is the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy!"

"That's wonderful, Hanny Boy," Kim smirked, "Maybe you should get a ship sometime and maybe you can beat me and the 'cat."

"Hey Chewy," Ron stated over the radio, "did that sound like a challenge to you, Pal?"

"No!" Luke said over Kim's shoulder, "That was in no means a challenge!"

"Kid, you should know by now that Jedi Mind Trick do work on me!" Han laughed, and the roaring laughter of his Wookie best friend could be heard echoing in the background, "Now be a good little Jedi and let the real pilots talk, isn't that right Kimmie?"

"Kimmie?" Kim blanched, growling deep in her throat, "You're going down, Old Man!"

"Don't sing it, sister," Han laughed over the radio, "Bring it."

"Fair enough," Kim responded, slamming the throttle, "Eat my space dust, Solo!"

Rue Fus quickly scampered down onto Ron's lap and held on tight as the Wildecat roared forward into the stream of freighters with The Millennium Falcon in hot pursuit.

Han's whooping and hollering could barely be heard over Ron and Luke's yells as Kim maneuvered the older freighter into a stream of incoming traffic.

Mara held on, said a silent prayer, but had a broad smile pasted on her face, as the Wildecat spun to miss various ships, before finally approaching orbit. "HAN!" Kim screamed, when the Falcon plunged in front of her and the lights of the famed craft blinded the teenager. Kim hissed a variety of curses, before slamming the throttle again, chasing after the ship as it spun in and out traffic and in between the various skyscrapers of Coruscant.

"Shit!" Han cursed over the radio, "We got one, Kimster," he sighed.

Kim glanced at the rear monitor, and sure enough a Coruscant patrol ship was on their tail blue lights flashing all over the craft.

"Millennium Falcon and Wildecat," hailed the patrol ship, "We've warned you, and warned you ... please land your craft at the next landing platform, we're not playing this time!"

"Ok Kim, next side stream, you cut to the left and I'll cut to the right," Han said over the radio, "See ya at the house, and don't get caught!"

A moment later the two Corellian ships split and hit the throttle full blast, both hoping the other lost the authorities.

"We either lost him or Han has him," Kim stated, noticing the patrol ship was gone.

"Kim, giving in to temptation like that is a quick and easy way to the Dark Side," Luke scolded.

"With all due respect, Master Skywalker," Kim smiled back at the Jedi Master. "Am I wearing a funny robe? Is there a laser sword on my belt? Nope, I can dark all I want and not worry!" she said winking at him before changing course for the Solo's home.

"Lets ... lets just get on solid ground ..." Luke sighed, rubbing his temples, "please?"

To Be Continued ...

A/N Mara's story she told Ron was a summery of the Star Wars two-parter books: Spectre of the Past and Visions of the Future by Timothy Zahn. Both are really good reads and I strongly recommend them to any major Star Wars fans.

Sign up to rate and review this story