Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Star Wars: Knights of the New Republic Episode I: Daughter of the Sith

Chapter 3

by Classic_Cowboy 0 reviews

Chapter 3

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Bonnie, Josh M., Kim, Ron, Shego - Published: 2006-03-20 - Updated: 2006-03-20 - 2607 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Kim's Dream


The Wildecat landed slowly on the platform outside the Solo home in near the government area of the Capitol. The Millennium Falcon was landed, but Han Solo and Chewbacca were still beside it, obviously doing post-flight checks.

"Oh gee, what took ya, Red," Han Solo asked as Kim and Ron with Rue Fus on his shoulder, exited the freighter.

"Sorry, Old Man," Kim smirked leaning against the Falcon, "I didn't want to give Master Skywalker a heart attack."

Han couldn't help but laugh at that. "Since the Kid got with that Jade girl, he's started going soft. Easy to see who wears the pants in that relationship."

Chewbacca came around the corner of the ship and grabbed both Kim and Ron in a bear hug, roaring happily. Kim and Ron nodded at the eight-foot furry giant, who grunted and roared in friendly response. "Missed you too, fuzzy," Kim groaned as the Wookie pulled away, and went back to work on the Falcon.

"Remember, Leia doesn't need to know about our little flight," Han asked with a wink toward the redhead and her friend.

"A disturbance in the force, I Feel," Rue Fus stated toward the house, as Leia Organa Solo, Chief of State of the New Republic, walked with an overly sweet smile on her face.

"Have a nice flight, Kim, Han?" Leia asked, her chin high.

"Disturbance, master?" Ron asked getting out of the line of fire, "that's an understatement."

"Oh it was nice and peaceful," Han stated, "nothing like a slow flight through Coruscant to ease the nerves!"

"Slow and peaceful huh?" Leia asked, turning her back, letting her long ponytail that rain to the bend of her knees swing behind her. "If it was so slow and peaceful why was the Falcon and Wildecat's race on every news station?"

Kim's head dropped in shame and Han visibly flinched. Chewbacca roared quickly from the other side of the Falcon, and Leia smiled, "I know, Chewy, you're not stupid like a certain man I know."

"TRAITOR!" Han bellowed, looking back to where the Wookie was hiding.

Leia started to make another comment when she was pulled into a bone-crushing hug. "I missed you too, brother," Leia smiled, squirming in her twin's arms, "Honestly Luke, we just saw each other a few weeks ago!" she said as the Jedi Master finally let her go. She smiled and then suddenly froze as emerald green locked with dark brown then tension became thicker then thermo-steel. "Mara ..." Leia almost growled.

"Leia ..." Mara replied from the gangplank with the same amount of hostility.

Han, Luke, Ron, Kim, and Rue Fus all looked at one another, and then watched the staring contest between Luke's sister and fiancée.

The tension was finally shattered by a loud stereo cry of 'CHEWY!" as the Possible Twins jumped into the furry arms of the Millennium Falcon's first mate. "C'mon, Chewy! We gotta show you our new modifications on the 'cat!"

"While the 'Trio of Terror' show off each other's toys, what do you guys say we get inside and get dinner started?" Leia smiled, "I'm sure the kids are dieing to see their Uncle Luke and ... future Aunt Mara." She said, forcing a smile at her sister-in-law-to-be.

The group walked into luxurious Solo apartment, Kim and Ron admiring various pictures and awards lining the walls. Suddenly three intense force signatures grabbed Ron's attention followed by the sound reminiscent to a stampede. The Solo twins, Jacen and Jaina, both around the same age as Jim and Tim came dashing down the stairs from the bedroom with their younger brother by one year Anakin in tow. Upon sight of Luke, Jacen and Anakin flying tackled the Jedi Master, while Jaina stood stock-still staring at Ron.

"Hey, how ya doin', Jainy-girl?" Ron asked the lone Solo daughter using his favorite pet name for the youth.

Jaina said nothing in response, only turned as red as Mara and Kim's hair, did an abrupt about-face, and ran top speed back to her room.

Kim let out a chuckle, "Looks like somebody has a crush on ya, Ron," Kim laughed.

Mara let a short laugh of her own out, before leaning over to whisper in Kim's ear, "Oh, I'm sure you know exactly how she feels, don't ya, Red?"

Kim blushed and gave a quick 'shut it' glare toward Mara, before shaking it off as Ron spoke up to Leia. "So when's dinner?"

----

"And then ... And then he was like ... hanging by his underpants on a Bantha horn, screaming 'KP! GET ME DOWN! PLEASE GET ME DOWN!' I got him down alright ..." Kim laughed from the dinner table, everyone getting a good laugh from her stories, with the exception of Ron, who was sulking and blushing.

"You used a BLASTER to shoot holes in my UNDERWEAR, Kimberly!" Ron scolded his childhood friend, only to get more laughs from everyone, to the point Han slipped out of his chair on to the floor laughing.

"Hey! I didn't miss and it got you down didn't it?" Kim asked, shoveling a spoon full of mashed potatoes in her mouth.

"Yes, after it TORE THEM OFF!" Ron all but screamed in embarrassment from both telling what happened and reliving the memory.

"Hey," Kim winked, "You had nothing to be ashamed of." Ron quickly sat down quietly after that, not sure how to respond, earning even more laughter.

The Holiday dinner continued after that in silence till a knock came to the door. "I shall get it, sirs and madams," the golden droid C3PO said walking out from the living room to the front door.

A moment later the droid shuffled into the dinning hall, "Capt. Wedge Antilles is here with another fellow to see you, Mistress Leia."

"Send them in, Threepio," Leia nodded to the droid.

"Of course, one moment please." The golden droid nodded, before turning his back and walking out of the room. C3PO then led the commander of Rogue Squadron and another pilot in a Rogue uniform followed close behind him. He had dark hair and eyes and tanned skin, as well as a confident look on his face.

"Hello, Madam Solo, Han, Luke, how are you all doing," Wedge smiled, "This is one my newest Rogues, Lt. Will Du."

"Hello, Kim," Will smiled slightly at the scowling girl before turning to the others, "Greetings Chief of State Solo, Captain Solo, ... Jedi."

"Tim, Jim, will you and Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin go play with the droids in the living room?" Leia asked, not understanding the concept she was bringing up, or the glimmer that appeared in the Possible twin's eyes, as they grabbed the Solo children and dashed toward the living room.

"So what's up, Wedge?" Luke asked, ignoring the shocked look Will was giving him from speaking to his superior so informally.

"We have had some shippers reports saying that they've seen a large gathering of Star Destroyers, a lot more then what the Empire's supposedly has," Wedge said, taking a leg from the Chaco bird, "The biggie is they were spotted outside Imperial space."

"Did you check it out?" Luke asked, his eyes narrowing in thought.

"Yeah, but all we found was several old ion trails," Wedge shrugged, "But we got some recordings from the shippers, it was Imperial Star Destroyers."

"Funny, I haven't sensed any disturbances in the Force," Luke mused, "Maybe we should go speak with the Empire, make sure the peace is still in effect and they're not up to their old tricks."

"Ahead of ya, boss," Wedge nodded, "Got an appointment with the chair of the Imperial Senate in first thing in the morning. We got a X-Wing if you're not too whipped to fly with us ..."

"Whipped?" Luke gawked, causing Mara, Wedge, Han, and Leia to openly chuckle, while the others tried to hold it back.

"Probably could use you too, Ms. Possible," Wedge said turning to the bounty hunter, "What is it they say, you can do anything?"

"Yup," Ron nodded, "KP can do anything!" he said patting his best friend on the back.

"You can count on the Falcon and the 'cat to be with you, Wedge, then," Han gave a thumbs up.

"Good, we leave first thing in the morning so we can get back in time for that silly dance," Wedge stated, giving a flinch. "See you guys in the morning then, night guys. Come on, Du." With that Wedge and Will exited the Solo home.

A moment later C3PO came into the room and looked at the group before focusing on Luke, "Excuse me, Master Luke?"

"Yes what's the matter, Threepio?" Luke asked turning to look at the droid.

"As you know I am fluent in six million forms of communication ... but I am confused," the droid stated, tilting his head to the side, "What does the terms ... 'bicka, bicka, boo', and 'pusha' mean?"

---

"So we going together as usual to the dance, KP?" Ron asked as he walked her to her room in the second floor of the Solo home.

"Ron ... you know me and Josh have been together for a year now," Kim said carefully, before looking up into his chocolate eyes, "he already asked me to be his date for the dance. I'm sorry."

"It's ok, KP," Ron said, using his training as a Jedi to his advantage to mask the hurt and disappointment.

"But hey, I get a minimum of one dance, right?" Kim asked almost as hopefully as Ron was.

"You know it, KP," Ron said, and on instinct gave her a kiss on the cheek goodnight, before walking toward his room.

----

Kim awoke in a start and glanced around her surroundings, surprising to find it wasn't her guest room but a colorful flower garden beside a large lake, "W-where am I?"

"Naboo," a soft kind voice called behind her, "Or ... at least how Naboo used to look."

"Who are you?" Kim asked standing up, and turning to face the young man, not much other then her. Despite the likeness in age, the boy towered over her at near six foot. He was obviously a Jedi, with his form fitting dark robe and the silver and black Lightsaber dangling from his belt. His hair was long and messy and his blue eyes shinned with what looked like sadness and regret.

"It doesn't matter who I am," the boy smiled down at the redhead, "but my friends called me Ani."

"I loved it here, ya know?" the boy smiled through a sigh, "I found out I was going to be a father right over ... here!" he said walking over to the corner of the garden. He then glanced up at the confused Kim, before smiling apologetically, "oh sorry, just reminiscing."

"I had to talk to you, Kim," Ani said turning to her, "But since you aren't very Force sensitive I had to come to you in your dreams."

"You're ... you're one of those Force spirits Master Skywalker used to talk about, are you ... Master Kanobi?" Kim asked nervously.

"Do I look like a paranoid old man?" Ani asked with a broad smile, "No I'm not Master Kanobi. I just had to warn you about something... something big."

"I'm listening ..." Kim said, crossing her arms.

"Your friend, Ron, he's got a long road ahead of him," Ani said, his blue eyes narrowing slightly, "a long ... painful road. He's going to need you ... desperately. He's going to fall into a trap. The same trap I fell into. Everyone will tell you there is no hope for him. Don't believe it. There's always hope. Only you can pull him back to the light, you and you alone: as Luke did for me."

"You're ..." She said, her hand going to her mouth as the color faded from her features.

"Yeah ... I get that a lot ..." Ani shook his head, "Don't worry, I don't tear people's throats out from the inside out. At least not anymore."

Ani walked over and sat down on a bench, and gazed away from Kim toward the corner of the garden, "We were married over there," he said pointing toward the location. "I used ... used to think some of the things that Padmé used to stress about were silly and trivial. Made us fight more then anything else. I thought her views were crazy and mine made sense. Kim, no matter how outrageous he may seem, nothing is ever trivial." Ani looked up at her, "History states Anakin Skywalker became a monster and Padmé Amidala Skywalker grieved herself to death afterwards. History doesn't have to repeat itself. And I wouldn't put our pain on anyone else. Including you and Ron." Ani then smiled sadly at her, "It's in your hands now, may the Force be with you."


Kim sat up in bed, her fists clinging to her chest. She looked around and found herself in her guest room. "Ron ..."

She shot up out of her bed and padded to the room across from hers. She, without missing a beat, walked to the bed and pulled back the covers and crawled in the bed.

"Kim!?!" Ron gasped, shocked at the girl curling up beside him.

"Ron, remember when my parents ... died," Kim asked, her green eyes locking with his, "and you held me all night when I was upset?"

"Um ... yea, I do, KP?" Ron asked nervously.

"Do that again ..." She said snuggling into his chest.

Ron opened his arms and engulfed the girl, pulling her to him. "You're as much a brother to me as Jim and Tim, Ron," Kim mumbled into his chest, "I love you ..."

"Love you too, KP ..." Ron whispered into her hair, "love you too..."

----

"It's about time!" Mara sighed from her seat behind Kim and Ron as the Wildecat, Millennium Falcon, and Rogue Squadron X-Wings dropped out of lightspeed just outside orbit of the Imperial Capital 'New Coruscant'.

"Welcome Rogue Squadron," a voice called over the radio, "We have been expecting you. You are all welcome."

"Wedge, keep the Rogues in the air up here," Luke ordered over the secured line, "Han, Kim, follow me down."

"With all do respect, Master Jedi," Will's voice spat, "I do not recall you being given command of this mission ..."

"Lt. Du, do shut up," Wedge snapped, "Luke, we got your back."

"Ok, lets get this over with," Kim stated, hitting the throttle, following Luke's X-Wing into the planet's atmosphere.

"Yeah ... can't keep Josh waiting ..." Ron said under his breath. Kim didn't catch it, but Mara and Rue Fus did, and looked at each other worriedly.

----

Luke, Mara, Ron, Kim, Rue Fus, Han, and Chewbacca walked toward the group of Imperial guard when a Imperial soldier walked up.

"Master Skywalker, how do you do?" he asked, and most of the Jedi all gave bows while Kim, Han, Mara, and Chewbacca all crossed their arms.

"We wish to speak to the leader of the Empire ..." Luke stated, as embarrassment and realization hit him, "Though we ... really don't know who to ask for."

"That is understandable, Master Jedi," the officer smiled, "We've kept to ourselves more then most, haven't we?" He then looked back, "here she comes now."

A woman walked up with a warm friendly smile. She was in a green Imperial uniform with her long raven hair flowing down to her thighs. Her skin was a pale green shade, set off by her bright emerald eyes. "Ah Luke Skywalker, I was hoping that we would meet someday," the woman said, "Allow me to introduce myself ... my name is Shelia ... Shelia Palpatine."

To Be Continued

Next Chapter: Crossing the Line

Sign up to rate and review this story