Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Star Wars: Knights of the New Republic Episode I: Daughter of the Sith

Chapter 4

by Classic_Cowboy 0 reviews

Chapter 4

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Bonnie, Josh M., Kim, Ron, Shego - Published: 2006-03-20 - Updated: 2006-03-20 - 3488 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4: Crossing The Line Chapter 4: Crossing The Line



"Um ... excuse me?" Luke asked, as the group from the New Republic stood flabbergasted, "What did you say your name was again?"

"Shelia Palpatine, Chairman of the reformed Imperial Senate," the woman smiled, before approaching the shocked Luke and Mara.

The woman stopped right before Luke and Mara and took both their hands in her own, "I especially would like to give you my humble apologies," she said smiling sadly, "My father has ... especially affected your lives. I know there can be no amount of apologies to change what has done, your history, Mara or your father and family, Master Skywalker. I can only hope the Empire's aid to the New Republic can somewhat redeem for my father's sins."

"That's nice, Chairman Palpatine, but we're here for a reason and ..." Mara started, but Shelia cut her off.

"You wonder if we have anything to do with the reports of a Star Destroyer fleet formation just outside New Republic space?" Shelia asked, nodding in understanding, "We too have gotten word of the fleet." The woman pulled a palm computer from her waist pouch and handed it to Luke, "As you can see all Imperial Star Destroyers are reported in their assigned position, with multiple witnesses saying that they have never left Imperial space. It's not our ships."

"I'm pleased to see that the peace treaty is still intact then," Luke smiled at the woman.

"I am pleased for the treaty as well, Master Jedi," Shelia nodded, "and also our investigators have been looking into this mysterious fleet. We have gotten word that several former Imperial fleet admirals have been seen visiting Kronta the Hutt on Tatooine. Perhaps it is not a coincidence."

Luke looked over the palm computer for a few moments before nodding, "Everything checks out, thank you for your time, Madam Palpatine," Luke nodded and the group turned and returned the way they came.

"She's hiding something," Mara whispered as the group walked toward the ships.

"I sensed no darkness in her," Luke stated, looking to his fiancée.

Mara snorted, "That's nice, Farmboy, but did you sense any light in her?"

"..."

"What would you do without me, Skywalker?" Mara grinned victoriously.

"Probably figure out things at the very last minute when I have no time to prepare," Luke shrugged, "And have a lot less headaches," he stated before getting slapped in the back of the head. "Ok, then, what do you suggest we do?"

"WE do nothing," Mara shrugged, "You and your lil Rogue Squadron head back to Coruscant, I'll stay here and watch and see if Kim can live up to her name."

Kim and Ron nodded at them, and Luke sighed when he saw a glimmer in Ron's face. Luke shook his head as Master Yoda's voice sounded in his mind. 'Adventure ... heh! Excitement ... heh! A Jedi craves not these things...'

---

Kim and Ron, with Rue Fus on his shoulder, strolled to the main office building straight to Shelia Palpatine's office.

"Hello, may I help you?" the perky secretary said from her desk.

"Is Ms. Palpatine in?" Kim asked with a friendly smile.

"No, but she should be back in an hour," the secretary nodded.

"Can we wait in the office for her then?" Ron asked casually.

"No, no one is allowed in her office without her company," the secretary shook her head, "I'm sorry."

"But you're willing to make an exception this time," Ron said waving his hand before the girl's face.

"But I'm willing to make an exception this time," the secretary repeated almost in a daze.

"Especially for such a celebrity like Kim Possible," Ron continued waving his hand again.

"Especially for such a celebrity like Kim Possible," she repeated in the same haze.

"And for such a cute guy like myself," Ron added with a smile.

"And for such a cute guy like yourself ..." she purred eyeing Ron up and down.

"We may go in now, good day," Ron finished, dodging a glare from Rue Fus and Kim.

"You may go in now! Good day!" Ron and Rue Fus nodded, and the three walked into the office.

"That was a nice trick," Kim smirked, "bout time you made yourself useful, cute guy," she said sticking out her tongue.

---

"Find anything yet, KP?" Ron asked, watching Rue Fus at work at Lady Palpatine's computer and nibbling on a piece of fruit from a basket behind her desk.

"Not a blasted thing," Kim sighed, digging through her file cabinets, before turning her glare on her best friend, "And are you here to help us or eat?"

"I am helping!" Ron defended, after swallowing a mouth full, "I'm keeping watch like this!" Ron said strolling toward the office door and sticking his head out and looking both ways before slamming it and leaning against it. "Oops ... I'm ... so sorry ..."

"By the Force ..." Rue Fus slapped his forehead as alarms sounded through out the office.

"At least he didn't mess up until we were done," Kim sighed, as the three ran out into the hallway, but froze.

"Stormtroopers," Rue Fus sighed as the group was surrounded by a large group of Guard Troopers.

"Mara, we're on our way," Kim said through her mini-communicator, "We'll meet you on the roof."

"Put down your weapons and surrender," one of the troopers ordered.

"Make us!" Kim barked as she fired her blaster at the group. She heard a blast shot her way, and glanced around only to see Ron's saber up deflecting the laser.

Kim quickly ducked behind Ron, firing her blaster over his shoulder, while he deflected incoming fire.

"Get us nowhere, standing here does!" Rue Fus stated dashing toward the group of Stormtroopers, stopping just before them.

One of the troopers pointed at the small rodent-like Jedi, "Ha! What's that little thing going to do?"

Rue Fus answered by opening his robe and a small double-ended Lightsaber flew out to his waiting paw. He spun it around a few times as the two blue beams erupted from the ends with a snap-hiss.

Before the troopers could react, Rufus spun into the air bringing the saber through one of the trooper's blaster rifles, then another. The small Desnudotoporatan kicked off the helmet of one of the troopers and used the Force to shove a large group into the wall and into unconsciousness before the rat-like Jedi could land from his jump.

Kim jumped past Ron, and, with a slight lift from his force power, leapt into the large collection of guard punching and kicking.

Ron followed her, slicing only the Guard Trooper's weapons, and using his free fist and feet to attack the troopers.

"Ron, watch your back!" Kim barked as the apparent lead Guard Trooper came at Ron from behind. He was dressed in the same red armor, but with a cloak and without the helmet. The Guard had shaggy brown hair, and a long scar across his face.

Ron spun around to meet the attack, Lightsaber meeting staff. Ron was easily able to deflect the attacks, but could not come off the defense at all.

"Hurry! This way, come!" Rue Fus called from the stairway leading to the roof. Kim dashed toward the Jedi Knight then turned to Ron, who was still struggling with the Guard.

"Dude ... I don't have time for this!" Ron barked, using the Force to shove him backwards, far enough for Ron to get past to join Kim and Rue Fus in escaping.

The three made it too the Roof, and saw the Wildecat hovering several feet above with the hatch opened. "It's still too high!" Kim cried, looking up at the good 15-foot difference, and the young bounty hunter didn't pack her grapple gun this time.

"Size and distance matters not," Rue Fus stated, before easily leaping the distance, before looking back expectantly at the two teens.

"Show off ..." Kim snorted, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Move now, talk later, KP!" Ron stated, glancing back to see the lead guard exiting the stairwell. Kim let out a squeak when Ron scooped her up in his arms, and Force-jumped into the open hatch, landing roughly on his rear with Kim bouncing lightly in his lap.

/ All are in, are we,/ Rue Fus sent Mara through the Force, and the Wildecat's hatch closed and turned toward the sky before the speeding away.

The Guard watched the Wildecat speed away before turning to the shadows, "They got away ... just as you foresaw, My Mistress."

"Yes," a dark cloaked figure walked out to watch the ship vanish into the stars, "Everything is going according to plan. They found nothing in Palpatine's office of use and will be forced to believe her words. You and your Guards have done well, Kir Kanos."

"Thank you, Lady Shego," Kir bowed humbly.

"The New Jedi Order and the New Republic shall fall as the old did," Shego stated with a slight chuckle, Skywalker and Jade will especially pay for what they did to our Emperor. They will pay highly."

----

Luke Skywalker stood by the finger food table at the grand hall of Coruscant. He was dressed in his finest Jedi Robes. As he took a sip he sensed Mara's Force signature enter the room and turned to welcome her. The sight caused him to spit his drink wildly.

His fiancée pranced toward him in a dark green skirt that came to the middle of her thighs and a matching skin-tight excruciatingly low V neck top, a pair of knee high green boots, as well as a lose belt that hung off her hips at a angle with her Lightsaber dangling from its hook. Her golden red hair remained as free and wild as her spirit, bouncing with her steps. "Like what you see, Skywalker?" Mara asked, taking the glass of punch from the stunned Jedi Master and downing it with one gulp.

Luke shook his head, and focused himself as much as possible, before turning back to Mara, this time focusing on her emerald eyes, "So did you find out anything?"

"Not a blasted thing except it seems Kir Kanos is back in the main Imperial Forces," Mara shrugged, glancing over the crowd.

"That could be a good thing, or a really bad thing," Luke sighed.

"You said it, Farmboy ..." Mara said, breaking off when her eyes fell on Kim in a flowing green gown and Josh in his brand new Jedi Robes in the center of the floor dancing, "Poor Ron ... Seeing those two together has to kill him. I know first hand."

"First hand?" Luke asked, looking at his future-wife curiously.

"Nothing," Mara shook it off quickly.

"Looks like Ron's about to get a pain reliever," Luke smiled, nodding toward the lone Ron standing in the corner in his dress robes.

Meanwhile Ron tried desperately from the corner not to look at Kim and Josh together. He didn't know why Kim being with Josh bothered him so much, it's not like he was jealous ... was he? His pondering of the subject was cut off by a soft voice beside him, "Credit for your thoughts, Stoppable-san?"

Ron looked to the source of the voice, and bowed slightly to the Jedi Knight Yori Taka. Yori was around two years older then Ron, and was in a form fitting black Jedi Gi that showed her curves perfectly. Her long raven hair ran down to her shoulders and her exotic tan skin shinned in the ballroom's lights, "Would you like to dance, Ron-san?" the Jedi asked nervously.

Ron nodded dumbly and the Jedi Knight took his hand in hers and gently led him to the dance floor.

They danced and Ron continued to try to have as little visual contact with Kim and Josh. "Your feelings betray you, Ron-san," Yori stated, with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"In more ways then one, Yori," Ron sighed, while looking at the older girl sheepishly, "Just wish I knew why ..."

"As badly as it hurts, sometimes fate isn't what we wish it to be," Yori stated wisely, "Sometimes the ones we care for cares for another, and we can only hope their eyes should turn someday."

The Jedi leaned forward and rested her head on Ron's shoulder, "You should tell her your feelings. Telling the one you care for your feelings knowing they care for another takes courage that I know you possess, and that I know I do not."

"Thanks for the advice, Yori," he said hugging the girl, not realizing a pair of emerald eyes were on them and burning with fire.

"Would you just look at that ... that little hussy?" Kim hissed from Josh's arms, though it wasn't a hug or dancing, more like holding the redhead back.

"Look at her in that tight little outfit!" Kim grumbled, grinding her teeth, "It's so ... it's way too tight! You can practically see everything!"

"No you can't, Kim, it's a little tight but it isn't ..." Josh tried to defend the fellow Jedi, but Kim cut him off.

"You're just saying that because you're a guy!" Kim snapped, "It IS too tight, and the little witch probably doesn't have anything on under that, and just trying to get him in bed. Probably going to try to pull Jedi rank to make him feel obliged to sleep with her!"

"Kim! You're being silly!" Josh tried to calm her down.

"Silly?" Kim asked, shocked at the concept. "My best friend is about to be mistreated and you're calling me silly!"

"Yori is a nice girl and a great Jedi Knight," Josh sighed, "It's not like she's some non-sensitive or something?"

"What did you mean by that?" Kim asked narrowing her eyes.

"Nothing! Nothing!" Josh said quickly, "Besides who are you with, baby?" he cooed, pulling her close and stroking her back, "Ron or me?"

"You ..." Kim said, reluctantly giving in, "But me and Jedi Taka are going to have a nice long talk soon."

"Don't worry about it, Kimmie," Josh whispered, leaning in for a kiss.

The kiss was short and sweet, and as Josh pulled back Kim tried to speak her feelings. "I ..." she started, but for some reason the words caught in her throat, as if it knew something she didn't. Every time she tried to force out the 'L' word, her throat would constrict and an image of her blonde headed best friend would flash in her mind.

"My room or yours?" Josh purred in her ear, but she quickly pulled away.

"I'm awfully tired tonight, Josh," Kim lied. "Maybe some other night? After we get back to the Praxeum?"

"That's ok," Josh smiled, before leaning in to kiss her again, this time on the cheek.

"I better go, Josh," Kim apologized, "after the dance the tweebs, Ron and I are going to head back to Yavin."

"I'll walk you to the Wildecat then," Josh nodded, "Then I'll probably head back to the school too." He said, leading Kim off the dance floor. "One of the perks to being a Jedi Knight, my own custom X-Wing."

----

Star lines marked space as the Wildecat soared toward Yavin IV. Kim and Ron sat in silence in the pilot and co-pilot's chairs. Neither daring to look the other's way, and the silence was deafening.

Kim finally had enough of it and tried to start a conversation. "You seemed to be hitting it off well with Jedi Taka," Kim stated, not taking her eyes off her instruments.

"We're just friends, KP," Ron stated dryly.

"I see ..." Kim responded, and the two fell in silence once again.

"Things ... going ok with you and Josh?" Ron asked uncomfortably.

"Yeah ... yeah things are great ..." Kim responded unsurely.

"That's good ..." Ron nodded, and again silence.

"Blast it, KP, we've been friends since before we could read and we've never had problems talking to each other before!" Ron stated, getting up and standing over the still seated Kim.

"Things have changed since Tatooine, Ron!" She snapped, then blushing slightly at the fact she just noticed Ron was now slightly taller then her.

"Well then, Kim, tell me how they've changed?" Ron asked irritatedly.

"Oh? I'm sure you were an all powerful all knowing Jedi back on Tatooine when we were kids, right?" Kim snapped.

"No, and I sincerely doubt I ever will be, Kim," Ron retorted, "And I don't recall being on a time-share with Mankey for your attention either!"

"Time-share?" Kim half asked half snorted, "At least Josh never dragged me half way around the galaxy like a piece of furniture!"

"Furniture? Hey if that's how you feel, you've got a ship now," he said waving his hand around the bridge of the /Wildecat/, "You can go on anytime you want ... oh wait, you can't get far from Josh's bedroom or you'll go in withdrawal!"

"You've been spying on me or something?!?" Kim half screamed.

"No, when a Jedi really, really cares about someone they can especially feel them through the Force ..." Ron started but stopped himself, mentally kicking his big mouth.

The conversation was cut off as the warning beep began to sound, signaling that they were at Yavin.

Kim sat down roughly in the pilot seat, and brought it out of hyperspace, just outside of Yavin IV's gravity field.

"Ron, what did you mean by ... Ron?" Kim asked, but was answered by the door to the cockpit closing behind the Jedi Apprentice.

----

Ron quickly exited the freighter before Kim could finish the post-landing procedures and made his way to the main cafeteria of Praxeum for early breakfast and to clear his mind.

A lot of the things Kim said hurt, he could read her through the Force and realized for the most part she didn't mean most of what she said, but that didn't ease the hurt she caused from it.

"That was the worst party I've ever been too," Ron heard Bonnie's voice as he entered the cafeteria. He spotted Josh, Bonnie, Kyp Durron, and a few others seated at a booth in the corner of the dinning area and a few other Apprentices scattered around including Kim's friend Monique. "Why do we have to hang around those Non-Force sensitives? They're all a waste of space, and they all think they're better then us!"

Ron sighed as he silently sat in a booth on the other side of the cafeteria. He's heard this faction of the Jedi Order's opinion on those who do not possess Force powers, and it made him sick. KP and her brothers were just as worthy of rights as the Jedi. He slouched back in his seat and listened to their mindless rambles.

"I can't stand Non sensitives," Bonnie explained with a snort, "Especially that Kim Possible," she hissed, and Ron sat upright quickly, "I don't know why Master Skywalker allows her to stay here, just because his little brownnoser, Stoppable wants his little best friend to hold his hand, she can stay!"

"Hey, calm down, Bonnie," Josh spoke up.

'Maybe Josh isn't as bad as I thought ...' Ron thought, listening to Josh stand up for his childhood friend.

"Kim has her uses. Sure it took me a year, but I finally got her to trust me enough to give me what I want. Non-sensitives should be on their knees before us, and believe you me, Kim Possible does her best work on her knees before me!" Josh laughed, then his friends joined in.

'Why that little ...' Ron though, clenching his teeth. Ron took several deep breaths, remembering what Rue Fus had taught him about anger, hate, and the Dark Side of the Force, 'they'll be done and leave soon.'

"I'm a better actor then I thought," Josh chuckled, "I mean, I think she honestly believes I give a taun-taun's tail about her! I think she might even love me, that means almost an easy bag every night!" he shook his head trying to control his laughter. "Free prostitutes are very hard to come by, and especially the ones that scream-" his sentence was cut off by a pop-hiss.

"That's my best friend you're talking about," Ron said warningly holding his lit Lightsaber with both hands.

"So? What ya going to do about it, Apprentice?" Josh smirked, believing he'll back down

"I want you in a duel, outside, now," Ron snapped, his knuckles white from his grip on his saber.

"Ah I see," Josh nodded, "you're jealous I got her first, when you had what several years head start?"

"Unlike you, Kim's not a piece of meat to me," Ron hissed, his eyes dangerously narrow.

"Oh really, why not put a wager on our duel," Josh smirked, taking his Lightsaber from his belt. "Winner gets 'KP', and the loser ... breaks all contact with her for good. Sound fair?"

Ron watched Josh closely for several moments, before finally speaking up.

"You're on."

To Be Continued ...

Next Chapter: Duel of the Fates
Sign up to rate and review this story