Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Star Wars: Knights of the New Republic Episode I: Daughter of the Sith

Chapter 6

by Classic_Cowboy 0 reviews

Chapter 6

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Kim, Ron, Shego - Published: 2006-03-20 - Updated: 2006-03-20 - 2414 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6: Kim's Decision

Ron stood there in awe. Rain, sweat, and a few drops of blood slid down his face as his eyes just stayed locked with Josh's equally wide eyes.

It was over.

The Duel was won.

And looking down, Josh's blue Lightsaber made it clear who had won.

'I let her down,' Ron thought with despair. 'Really shouldn't be a surprise, I screwed everything else up, why not this too.'

"I have to admit you're good with the Lightsaber, APRENTICE Stoppable," Josh smirked, placing the edge of his Lightsaber less then an inch off the side of Ron's neck, "But not good enough to take a real Jedi Knight."

"Don't worry, Ronnie, I'll take real good care of Kim for you," Josh chuckled.

"That's nice," an angry voice stated from behind him, "Who's going to take real good care of you then?"

Josh glanced back, and even with his force reflexes he couldn't dodge the small fist that connected with his jaw, making the sound of shattering bones echo through the rainy air. Josh was spun around by the impact before hitting the muddy wet ground with a splash.

Kim stood over the stunned Josh, who was spitting out blood and a few teeth, "If you ever ... EVER come near me or one of my friends again, you son of a wampa, I swear by all things considered holy in the galaxy you will die the most painful way imaginable, am I clear, Jedi Mankey?"

"Someone mind telling me what's going on here?" Luke Skywalker barked, running up with Mara close behind.

"Gladly Master," Kyp spoke up, trying to sound official, "Apprentice Stoppable walked up and said some extremely uncalled for statements toward my former Apprentice Jedi Mankey, then challenged him to a duel. Joshua won easily, but Stoppable took a cheep shot and broke his jaw just now." He then glanced back at the shocked Apprentice now on his knees staring into space, "I believe that a person such as him has no place as a Jedi Knight."

"Forgotten what you have learned, you have, Jedi Durron," Rue Fus stated, crawling up to sit on Luke's shoulder.

"Yeah," Mara stated, stepping up, "I haven't been a Jedi long but I even I know that a Jedi can detect such obvious lies!"

"I ... I ..." Kyp back peddled.

"I see Jedi Mankey is in no condition to speak his claim," Luke said to the pile that was once the newest Jedi Knight, "Anyone else here would like to say a word?"

"Yeah, I got something to say," Monique said stepping up, "I saw the whole thing."

"Very good," Luke nodded, "Ron would you like to say something?"

Ron just looked up at the Jedi Master, then at Kim. He merely shook his head, jumped to his feet, and dashing into the jungle that surround the Jedi Academy.

"Ron!" Luke called after him.

Rue Fus quickly leapt from Luke's to Kim's shoulder. "Lies before you, several paths do," Rue Fus stated sagely, "Needs you, my Apprentice does, as friendship not, but as a companion. All but laid out his feelings are. Up to you now it is."

Kim nodded and sat the small Jedi to the ground before dashing into the jungle trail Ron took.

Luke smiled as Kim ran after the Apprentice before glancing around at the much smaller crowd, "Ok, who wants to help get Josh inside?" the Jedi Master asked, but no one made a move. Luke let out a sigh, and used the Force to make Josh's prone body rise into the air. "Oh well, now to decide if he deserves a healing trance or bacta therapy. Probably bacta ..."

----

Kim ran till her legs and chest was burning, and her 'blasted hair' wouldn't stay out of her face. She wiped some of the rain form her face, as she glanced around looking for where Ron went.

Then she finally spotted him.

The Jedi Apprentice sat at the base of a large tree, with his knees pulled to his chest.

"Hey, you forgot this," Kim said, running up to him, holding out his father's Lightsaber. "Aren't Jedi never supposed to let this out of their sight?"

"Yeah," Ron mumbled, "But I'm not a Jedi, and I probably won't ever be either, so what's the point?"

Kim plopped down beside him, and the two merely sat there under the tree watching the rain fall in silence.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Kim asked softly, trying to start a conversation.

"Part of the deal, I have to now," Ron stated someone what bitterly, though seemed more at himself then Kim.

"It was a draw."

"What?" Ron asked, glancing at Kim in complete confusion.

"It was a draw," Kim repeated, "You were still on your feet, you could have easily used the Force to retrieve your Lightsaber and continued the duel. I was the one who jumped in and broke Josh's ... jaw ..." Kim's eyes widened as it dawned on what she did and what had happened.

"Sorry I screwed up your relationship with Josh," Ron said, though his tone of voice showed he wasn't sorry at all.

"You didn't," Kim stated, "I just wish you would have came to me and told me the kind of Jerk he was. I was the idiot blindly following him around like a puppy thinking he loved me. Would have been nice to have some forewarning that my relationship with the Taun-taun tail was about as real as a hologame."

"Would you have believed me if I told you?" Ron asked, "I mean ... hey KP, your boyfriend is a certifiable bastard, just thought you'd like to know!"

"Coming from someone else I would have shook it off," Kim said before bringing her hand down to rest on Ron's, "I would have believed you."

Ron looked at her, disbelief clear in his eyes. She took a deep breath before continuing. "Ron ... Josh WAS my boyfriend yes, and I guess it did get a bit out of hand but ... he was just my boyfriend. Josh wasn't there for me when I lost my parents, Josh didn't fight tooth and nail to keep what was left of our family together from the Mos Middal local government and by the Jedi, he didn't put his life long dream at risk for me and my brothers. Yori ask me something just a little while ago. Ron, I could live without Josh, it would hurt but ... but if something happened to you ... if you left ... Ron, don't you get it?" she asked, diving into the shocked Apprentice's chest.

"You'd make it just fine without me slowing you up," Ron said, finally putting his arms around the girl's shoulders.

"You've never slowed me up, Ron," Kim corrected, pulling away.

"Face it, KP," Ron sighed, "I've been holding you back for how many years now?"

"What makes you think you've been holding me back, Ronald Stoppable?" Kim asked, crossing arms, giving her patented glare of death.

"Kim, it's like you said on the ship, I dragged you and the boys half way around the galaxy. Your parents were pretty high on the social ladder back on Tatooine, and I took you from that," Ron sighed, looking up to meet her eyes, "You were better off without MMPH!"

Ron's eyes widened when he realized that KP, Kim Possible, his childhood best friend was kissing him full on the mouth. "M-me ... um what was I saying?" Ron finished as Kim pulled back.

"I ... I'm sorry, Ron," Kim said sheepishly, turning crimson. "I actually wanted to slap you to make you stop degrading yourself ... I ... I'm not sure what came over me ..."

"That really beat a slap," Ron smiled goofily, receiving a playful punch to the shoulder, but Kim gasped when he winced in pain.

Her eyes went to his arm and saw the burn where Josh's Lightsaber cut him, "You're hurt!"

"It's just a burn, I'm ok," Ron said, looking down at the darkened skin through his torn tunic.

"Ron, you can't just let that go, it could get infected!" Kim said pulling off her jacket and her small tight Camo tank top, leaving her only in a sport's bra. She ignored Ron's dumbfounded stare, rung the rainwater from the shirt, then used it as a makeshift bandage for the burn on his arm. She then pulled her jacket back on and buttoned it up.

"There, that will do till we get you back to the school," Kim nodded at her handiwork, "I ... I can't believe I was so blind ... I'm sorry this happened to you, Ron, I'm so sorry ..." she repeated pulling the stunned Apprentice into another hug.

"I'm ok, KP, see? I'm ok," Ron said softly, rubbing her back soothingly, "You ok?"

"I guess I shouldn't be," Kim said, snuggling in his arms, "I just found out my now ex-boyfriend was a complete jerk and my best friend did the most stupid stunt he has ever pulled and could have been killed for my sake, but I'm just happy your ok."

"The rains letting up finally," Ron said looking up as the sun began peaking through the clouds. "Looks like I better face up to Master Skywalker and Master Rue Fus."

"You were in the right," Kim stated as she leaned in to kiss his cheek, "And I'll be right there with you."

The two then made their way back to Praxeum they didn't know that a pair of sad eyes were watching their every move.

"Take care of him, Kim-dono," Yori sighed, before making her own way back.

----

Kim and Ron walked into Master Skywalker's office, though Kim seemed to be dragging him. "Ah Apprentice Stoppable, Kim, we were beginning to wonder if we needed to form a search party," Luke nodded as the teens entered.

Ron looked visibly scared, but Kim refused to let go of his hand. And after giving it a small squeeze, the two sat down in the two empty chairs in front of his desk.

Ron sat there staring at the floor, waiting to be reprimanded or even kicked out of the academy.

"Ok," Luke began looking at a file, "We aren't really all that surprised, but the Senate refuses to acknowledge the existence of this 'ghost fleet' so it's up to the Jedi to investigate it. We're going to travel to Tatooine to pay Kronta the Hutt a visit. I know for a fact Hutts aren't always really friendly to visitors, so it would probably be wise for someone to sneak in and see what security and the layout is like."

"Get the layout, I can," Rue Fus stated, "but easier it would be for someone to get in among the crowd."

"Um excuse me?" Ron spoke up.

"Yes, Apprentice Stoppable?" Luke asked, blinking in what appeared to be amusement.

"Shouldn't you be yelling at me, making me peel potatoes, scrub the 'freshers, threatening to kick me out of the school?" Ron asked nervously.

"Foolish to challenged a Jedi Knight, it was, My Apprentice," Rue Fus spoke up. "But a challenged duel it was. Taught you a lesson it did, believe, do I. Is why I let it go on."

"Teach him a lesson?" Kim questioned, her face growing red with anger, "He could have been KILLED!"

"Cut off Jedi Mankey or Apprentice Stoppable's Lightsabers before dangerous harm could be done, would I have," Rue Fus nodded, "Easiest way to remind you both how much you both require one another, it did. Showed you how mismatched you were with Jedi Mankey it did as well."

Kim sat down with her face in her hands, taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm her temper.

"As we were saying, we need a way to get in and find out what we're up against," Luke continued.

"I think I have an idea," Mara spoke up from her seat on the corner of Luke's desk.

"What kind of idea?" Luke asked, getting a very bad feeling.

"I might not make it in myself," Mara mused, hopping off the desk to walk toward the seated red-haired teen. "According to the reports on Kronta, he tends to like duo dancers. You wanted to help didn't you, Kimmie?"

"Um what?" Kim asked, blinking in confusion.

"How far are you willing to go to help us find out what's going on?" Mara pressed.

"Like my motto goes," Kim smiled, forcing down her unsure feelings, "I can do anything."

"You shouldn't have said that ..." Luke said under his breath, rubbing his face.

"Stand up, Possible," Mara ordered, and the girl nervously did as told. Mara proceeded to walk around the girl looking her up and down, finally she stopped and slapped her backside, producing a slight squeak from the bounty hunter, "Should be about right, might be a little tight in the chest but should fit."

Before Kim could ask what she was talking about, Mara turned to Luke, "Hey, Farmboy, does ya sister still have that bikini outfit she got from her experience at Jabba's?"

"I think so ..." Luke said very unsurely, "Why?"

"Call her up and see if we can borrow it," Mara said, "If she don't mind, which she shouldn't you boys go and get it. While you're gone, I'm gonna give Young Kimmie a few dancing lessons."

Rue Fus, Luke, and Ron just stared at the older redhead in awe, before she used the force to jerk them to their feet, "Hop to it, boys, I've remember preferring to learn this stuff in private, especially not with guys watching ... yet."

"But ..." Ron looked toward the nervous Kim worriedly.

"Don't worry, Ronnie boy, I'll take care of your girlfriend," Mara winked, "and I'm sure she'll be more then willing to show off her new found knowledge on you later. Now shew!" she said, pushing the three males out of the room, and slamming the door.

Luke, Ron, and Rue Fus listened to the sound of the door locking, and Luke could feel Mara's Force barriers going up around the room.

All three then said in unison, "I have a bad feeling about this ..."


To Be Continued ...


Next Chapter: Beckoning of the Dark Side

C. Cowboy: first off, I know I might have gotten Mara's age a little off from canon, but like I said in the summery it's AU, so if a few things are off canon on either side of the fence bare with me ^^ Enjoy and don't forget to leave a review!




Sign up to rate and review this story