Categories > Original > Drama > Her Eyes Are Closed

Three Cent Turntable

by stenciledhearts 0 reviews

"YOU know damn well what I'm talking about! It took ONE BOY to break this friendship, ONE BOY to ruin what we've been building for 7 years!"

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2009-01-22 - Updated: 2009-01-22 - 868 words

0Unrated
Dawn's POV

When i saw him walk down that hallway straight towards me i thought i had died and gone to heaven. He was stunning, a little scary but stunning nonetheless. Now i understand why Maddie sent me such a random text in the middle of class. This boy was for sure frantic text worthy.
Oh no....He...he.. Looks like...NO it can't be..he looks like Ace. How is this possible, Ace leaves and now this boy walks into my life. Well maybe not my life but still my 'area.' This is just too perfect. I cant think of a better way to get over Ace than to befriend and date him.

Oh wait Maddie, SHIT, do i really wanna go for the same guy she likes, AGAIN? My mind is screaming no but my heart is saying yes yes yes yes yes! And she always said follow your heart, so that's exactly what I'll do, follow my heart no matter the consequences.

Maddie's POV

"I'll tell you what, if this mysterious boy is in my academy then i will text you." Sissy said smiling as her boyfriend walked closer.

"Hey that's not fair why does she get the warning text and i dont! I deserve to know his classes too!!" whined Dawn cutely.

Why does she do this? Friends aren't supposed to fall for the same people, that's the unspoken rule, that's why we were all close friends. Different tastes in boys but same taste in every other aspects of our lives. It meant no competition, no worry, and no fighting between us all. Until Ace came along, perfect little Ace with his perfect head of hair.

Instantly i was a goner, he had me under his spell from the moment he introduced himself to me. How was it that this boy looked so much like me and acted just like i did. My 'Twin' as they called him but it wasn't until his last few months here that he finally admitted to loving me, close to a year of flirting and electric charges between us and now he says it, but he also wanted to know how it felt to date Dawn but i was more important.

I believed every word he fed me, down to the good nights. Dawn denies ever liking him and that he was all mine, all ways has been. Fast forward two days and theyre dating, she lied to me, her best friend, she had us ALL fooled and so did he.
I shuddered not wanting to dwell on the past so much.

But today was just making that impossible.

"Are you serious? Are we really starting this now, again? Wasn't once enough for you.." I half screamed, half whispered. "What are you talking about?" she giggled. WAIT...she giggled?? WTH! She thinks this is fucking funny now! Last time i checked breaking your best friends heart wasnt a laughing matter. "YOU know damn well what I'm talking about! It took ONE BOY to break this friendship, ONE BOY to ruin what we've been building for 7 years! You sure you wanna start this AGAIN, roundFUCKINGtwo of the breakdown! I'm not sure either of us can handle another go at months of long silences."

A little too confidently screaming at her and cornering her while everyone else around us began paying more attention to my screaming. "CALM THE FUCK DOWN YOU TWO! Maddie gets the text, YOU just deal with it and find another boy to fuck with, leave this one alone for once." insisted Sissy pointing at Dawn. I couldn't believe i was getting into another huge fight over a boy with my 'best friend.' So much for true friends.

"Let's go to class Dawn." Walking slowly we went off to class in silence, neither one of us stepping up to start a conversation. After a class or two and some lunch, i had finally calmed down and started to forget about the boy a little bit. I said a little, not entirely silly. Now it was time to face Dawn once again in art. "How was lunch Maddie Baby?" Surprised i answered her. Maybe she's forgotten about our little blowout earlier.

"That bell pisses me off, every time I'm super deep in thought that fucking bell rings and interrupts me." SCREW YOU BELL! I was so not a happy camper right now and to make matters worse as soon as we got out of the building Dawn grabbed me in a loving way and kissed my cheek then pulled me towards everyone else. It wasn't until i turned back around did i realize why she did that. There was my ex boyfriend with my ex girlfriend, talking. Phew close one. "Why'd you do that?"

I inquired a little confused but happy. As much as i love her affection because no matter what she WAS my best friend and i did still love her. "I saw them when we got out and they were staring so i gave them something to stare at." I admit sometimes she does the best things ever. Jealousy was what ended both of those relationships, and jealousy is what they were feeling.
Sign up to rate and review this story