Categories > Original > Drama > Her Eyes Are Closed

If I Only Knew Your Name

by stenciledhearts 0 reviews

WAIT, he...he-. He just smiled at me! OMG! HE SMILED AT ME!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2009-01-24 - Updated: 2009-01-24 - 1616 words

0Unrated
I dont believe this. He was...1,2,3... Four steps away from me now, walking in a straight path towards me. I turned each and every way checking if anyone else was around me. Nope just me standing here.

Stunned i just stared and awed. But to my dismay he passed me, walking towards the locker room.

Phew close one. That was a little too close for me right now.
Staying ecstatic the rest of the day wasn't hard. Once the last class had ended i told Dawn I'd catch up to her later i had to go somewhere first. So walking as fast as i possible could i went around all the buildings and through the parking lot to the front of the school and back-tracked the other way hoping and wishing that he'd walk past me and he did but not before pausing for a second to smile at me.

WAIT, he...he-. He just smiled at me! OMG! HE SMILED AT ME!

What a gorgeous smile he has. I felt like i had met my match. Never has a boy 'dazzled' me the way I've 'dazzled' them. My friends always told me it was impossible to find someone who could 'dazzle' the way i did, but i just might have found my equal.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

I stood there watching him leave campus while playing with my lip ring.
That smile, it reminded me of something that i just cant put my finger on.......What was it about him that seemed so familiar to me?

Slowly taking in his last few steps out of eyesight i turned around and headed off to find Dawn and Sissy.

"What's the matter Maddie? You look...dumbfounded." Sissy replied once i had found them all. "Oh its nothing i just-i just have this feeling, like I know that boy from somewhere but i just cant pinpoint the exact thing. Besides has anyone seen Hannah lately? Its odd of her not to text me all day or show up, shes basically tied to me at school." Something just wasn't right.

Oh well, might as well get my mind off of everything and hang out with Darren them even though McDonald's was not a place i wanted to go to. It's kind of against me, seeing as they torture animals and stuff. But hey whatever one day wont hurt me, so off it is to McDonald's.


"Wait you didn't know that they weren't virgins?!?" I yelled excitingly at Darren, hoping not to get the attention of his brother. Darren wasn't the smartest person but he still tried to be.

"He's your best friend and he NEVER told you about their sex-capades??" It was now impossible to control his brother not hearing me since he was sitting on the table next to us. "No when i asked him about the ' hot kinky sex' the other day he just said pfft no! so i figured it was a no go because Sissy is so unstable like you." Was i supposed to take that as a compliment?

"You just wait till they get back from the bank and you ask them!" I smiled knowing he was in for the rudest awakening of his life. "Oh hey Maddie you didn't show up to my P.E. today, that boy was in there. I was trying to wave you down when you were outside drawing."

What?! Oh yeah that's right i was supposed to go find out his name today, oops. "Oh I'm sorry i totally forgot, i got all caught up in finishing my art project." I said, trying to say it nonchalantly so no one noticed how bummed i really was.

"Isn't he in your class Tory?" Kristie asked him trying to help me get the information i needed to be happy.

XD Someones staring at you! Told you he still liked you. WTH! I don't need this right now, i hated it when Darren's brother stares at me, it makes me feel like he's undressing me with his eyes.

NO! Pfft whatever loserface, He's probably just enjoying the conversation. I hope that was true because i wasn't about to deal with him wanting me again.

Hey you dated him, you got him hooked remember? So you get to deal with him still liking you. I seriously hated it when Darren did this to me. I just wanted to slap him and tell him to control his brother, but he was right i did date him, he was the reason i was so determined to get out of school as fast as i could.

He creeped me out and not to mention always accused me of cheating, which was just stupid.

Ex-Boyfriends suck! Hows bridging the fading gap with Dawn?

"..Michael, and he's so weird he has these tattoos on his arm. Ones a sparrow and one is this weird eye looking thing with words, and he NEVER takes his beanie off. Something about 'The darker-"

Boy did that get my attention.

"-things get the better i see?" I replied cutting him off.

"Yeah." Now they were all staring at me waiting for the next thing i was about to say, but i stayed silent pretending my ice cream was the most interesting thing in the world. It was no use hiding my smile and excitement now. "OH MY FUCKING GOD! This boy IS perfect for me!" I screamed like a love sick school girl. "Huh? What is she yelling about?" Darren asked confused. Looks like i had confused all of them.

"He likes Chiodos!" Wide eyed and smiling i was so giddy that i could probably have a bigger smile than a clown. "Wow." was all Dawn said, this would be war, i am so not fighting fair for this boy. I was now fully hooked, he liked Chiodos and sparrows. CHIODOS!!


Dawn's POV


Why she was so obsessed with Chiodos is beyond my comprehension. When we became close again in 9th grade the only thing that could bring her out of her mood swings was Chiodos. It wasn't until the end of 10th grade that i realized why she was so infatuated with this band.

The lead singer had the voice of an angel, just like her. She would kill for them. Sweet Maddie would kill for HIM, this, Michael kid. Oh no, i can't do this now. she's in too far to get out in time i have to be the one to give up.

"I hate giving up" I said unknowingly to everyone around me who now looked at me like they missed something. "What are you giving up on?" Maddie asked engrossed in her ice cream cone that now had ketchup covered pickles on top. "Oh nothing sorry just thinking out loud." Now i wished i hadn't said anything at all because Maddie could see through everyone's lies and charades. She was good like that. Putting her ice cream cone down and turning to face me she stared like she was reading my soul.

"You know you don't have to technically give up, but it would be in your best interest and your health to give up before you get hurt." She whispered then picking her ice cream back up got back into Kristie's conversation. I hate how Maddie can read us all like open books, it was those damn eyes, i swear it had to be. She had the brightest green eyes any of us had ever seen. And when she was on to something they would flash grey then turn a blue-green. That was her weakness; no matter how good she was at hiding her feelings, her eyes would tell a different story. If you were lucky enough to catch her walking about town without her sunglasses you would see what I'm talking about.

Her eyes mesmerized and dazzled but she never took her glasses off unless it was absolutely necessary. Like in class or if it's a serious conversation, she was comfortable around us though so the glasses weren't necessary anymore. She was as scared of her eyes as we were. She knew what she was capable of doing and how it affected us all.

That was our only hint as to what her next move MIGHT possibly be. No one really understood the changing colors of her eyes but her, and she wouldn't ever give up that secret. No one dared stare into her eyes for longer than a few seconds and who could blame them. She was used to that, she was a very private, shy person most of the time. Once you get on her good side and break her shell, you were in for the long haul, she would become the craziest person you would befriend in a long time. She was loud, funny and crazy at heart, but always quiet in fear of getting her secrets thrown out for everyone to see again. "Maddie, can i ask you something?" I asked a little ashamed of what i was about to do.

I wasn't even gonna give her a chance to say yes as long as i had her attention i was going to ask. "...uhm..." Dammit those eyes, they just bore in to your soul, it's one of those things you want to look away but you can't, her eyes were just too beautiful. "Uhm what?" She replied a little scared of what she was gonna get out of me. "What if you can't get this Michael boy to like you?" Her eyes flashed black then went to a nice subtle green. Uh oh, i didn't have to decipher that look, i knew it well, she was mad, very mad and at me.
Sign up to rate and review this story