Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Like I Did Yesterday

Nothing left but a memory

by disturbedangel6 2 reviews

Nicole is dying to get out of the house before Gerard comes back.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-02-01 - Updated: 2009-02-01 - 1006 words

2Ambiance
Tapping my foot, I waited for the moving truck to arrive along with Toni and Maria. I collapsed onto the sofa and ran all the things that I've packed in my luggages in my head, so far I haven't forgotten anything. It was almost three in the afternoon and I was busting to get out of this place. I couldn't believe how much my heart was beating a million times a minute and how my palms were all sweaty. I also couldn't ignore the butterflies in my stomach. This is all because Gerard was at work today and I didn't want him to come home yet while I'm still here.
'We'll be there soon' was what Toni said when I called her and that was 20 minutes ago. I sighed and got up and headed towards the bathroom. I teased my hair a little to give it life. I absently looked into a drawer and found different products. From Gerard's shaving creams and gillettes to hair gel and hair brush. Shows that he liked looking after himself. I smiled at it and closed back the drawer. I knew I was going to miss this house. I mean, I've lived here for more than a decade... who would want to move out of the place that they lived most of their life? But at the same time I was excited about moving out. Moving on and starting a new page in your life seemed exciting for me. To try and put the past behind me and forget about what has happened almost made me happy. I didn't want anything putting me down and I had to leave this place in order to do that.
The front door suddenly knocked which made me jump. I ran almost immediately to the door and was greeted by Toni, Maria and the two movers. I was about to tell them about how frustrated I was with waiting for them when Toni ushered the movers in to collected my luggages. I watched them take all my stuff into the truck including my bed. I decided not to take my bed frame along because I had so many things engraved on the wooden frame that I didn't want those stupid memories back.
"Aren't you excited?" Maria grinned.
I nodded and smiled back at her.
"Good, cause I can't wait to move in our new apartment!" she chuckled. "So um... where's Gerard?" she looked around.
"Yea, where is he anyway?" Toni looked curious.
Even though Toni and Maria are my close friends, I never did invite them to my house or let alone introduce them to Gerard. They don't know what Gerard looks like, hell they might even picture him as some hobo.
"He's at work," I answered them.
"Oh ok," Toni seemed a little down about it.
"Ladies, is there anything else to carry to the moving truck?" one of the movers asked.
I looked around and saw that they cleared every one of my belongings into the truck. "Yea, that's it."
"Good, we should get going anyway. It's almost 4, who knows when we'll arrive there," Toni smiled.
So we all got out of my house, I was the last to leave as I looked everywhere just a last glimpse of the house that I was leaving forever. I was leaving the past life and Gerard behind me. I was glad that I had a small time to say goodbye to that. I was upset that I couldn't say goodbye to Gerard. But I knew it was going to be hard doing that. I shut the door and turned my back to my once home.
I walked back to the truck and when I was about to get into Toni's car, Gerard drove up the driveway. My heart jumped to my throat from the sight of him getting out of his car. His face was so gloomy as he stared at me. I didn't know what to do, was it right for me to run up to him and say goodbye or to just get into this car and leave without another word? I really didn't know what to do. I bit my lip and let my gaze fall to the floor.
"Nicole!" he called out.
My head flipped up at him.
He had his arm open wide and I walked towards him with tears filling in my eyes.
When I came up to him he was the same, his eyes were ready to let go of the tears were filled. I hugged him just so tight that I hoped that I wasn't hurting him. I heard him sniff near my ear.
"I really don't want you to go," he breathed out. "But I can't stop you."
I nodded in his chest.
"Take care angel," he rubbed my back. "Just remember you can always come back."
"Mmhmm," I nodded again. I couldn't say anything, I was just so afraid that I would break into tears.
"Love you," and I felt his soft moist lips kiss my cheek.
I was going to say 'love you' back but instead I gasped.
We heard Toni's car honk, "Ok I guess you should go," he let me go.
I nodded and looked down.
"Be safe."
"You too," I told him quietly and turned and walked to the car.
I really didn't want to leave Gerard, I really didn't. I suddenly started asking myself why I was leaving.
"Wow, Nicole you never said that Gerard was so hot!" Maria said as she stared at Gerard for afar.
I nodded, I wasn't really listening to her, I was just thinking about everything. I was really lost. I just realised that I really don't know what I'm doing with my life. What am I doing here? Why exactly am I moving out? Because of Gerard? Fuck I'm stupid.
But it was too late now. We just arrived to our new apartment. I wonder what Gerard is doing...






Yay! I'm like watching 'So You Think You Can Dance' so hot!!!! Lol

Review?
Sign up to rate and review this story