Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering 2.0

131: "He always leaves me with babies!"

by Syn_INC 1 review

"What happened?" "You'd never believe me if I told you." "Try me." "Well this ring." I started. "I've never liked it." "And with good reason."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-02-02 - Updated: 2009-02-02 - 1651 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 131
after that run in with Elisa in Target I just knew that's where this was leading too. He was suddenly extremely distant and texting on his phone more so then often. As much as I know he could put it down, the sex wasn't even that great. It was literally as if his mind was somewhere else when he was with me. He would look me in the eye but he wasn’t there. He was looking through me.
Patrick then spoke to what I said and I soaked it all in.
"You are my perfect girl Calista. I've always known that you were right for me in every way but you came at the wrong time in my life. I wasn't in the right mind state. I wasn't ready for that type of commitment to one person at that moment. I had just gotten dumped by a woman who I thought I'd be with forever. After I met her I thought I was done looking. I thought ok this is it this is my wife and the mother of my kids. And then she was gone. She left me so easily I didn't even know how to feel. And then I met you-" He turned to look at me then continued to speak, "When I met you and it was like a whirlwind. You just took over my every thought from the first time we talked all I could think of was wow- this is her. This is The One."
"Ok Neo." I said rolling my eyes, "but if that's the case then you should have never introduced me as 'your girlfriend' in Vegas."
"Was she your girlfriend Patrick? What happened before then?"
Patrick thought this over in his head. Elisa had broken up with him, he was sad, she was supposed to love him forever. Calista had been something new that he loved and no one else could have her. She was his toy and when Vegas came he wasn't through playing with her. He felt that a woman of her caliber would always just be a little bit out of his grasp. But she seemed to want him and that was something he couldn’t explain to himself. He loved that she wanted him, that drew him to her.
It was then at that moment that it hit him. It hit him why he jumped into things so fast with Calista.
"I was about to propose to her." Patrick said suddenly.
My head turned so fast I thought it was going to snap off.
"What?!" I demanded.
"Yea. I was going to ask Elisa to marry me when she broke up with me."
"This isn't a recycled ring is it? Because if it is we're going to have bigger problems here Patrick.” I said between my teeth, hoping my world wasn't about to shatter right here, right now.
"No. Of course not. Because then that would...be...dumb, right?" Patrick questioned.
"He's lying." I shot.
"Calista-" Dr. Phillips called out.
"Liar." I grumbled as I stood up.
"We still have another 20 minutes." Dr. Phillips.
"I DON’T CARE! He's a cheating whore, a liar, and a ring recycler! You claim you love me but you don't! You love the concept of love and I just so happen to be in those crosshairs. You sir are a serial monogamous and I-"
I was so pissed that I couldn't finish my sentence. I then placed a call into our car service and there was a car outside before I could exit the building. I got in and started to gently weep. Again I've been lied too, I don't know what's wrong with Patrick, I feel as if I'll never be good enough for him.
I don't see what's so good about Elisa. She's just a bitch that cares about nothing else but herself. Why does Patrick find that attractive?
"Huh?" I asked.
"Where to Cal." Dave asked again.
"Oh, umm, Gin and Joe's. I have to pick up the babies."
"Are we waiting for Patrick?"
"Are we waiting for hell to freeze over? Drive please."
When the driver pulled off Patrick was coming out the building. We got to Gin and Joe's a little bit under 20 minutes and there was crying coming from everyone. I quickly made it inside to find my twins crying and her twins crying. She gave me this "eh" shrug and just gave me a hug.
"What happened?" I questioned taking Roman and Sofia out of the pack n' play. They both whimpered some more and cuddled into me.
"I don't know they've been crying for like 30 minutes. I let them be, they'll be ok." Gin said through a sigh.
"Ok, why are Shia and Noah crying?"
"Joe went grocery shopping."
"Seriously?"
"Yea...and you've been crying."
"No I haven't-"
"You have."
"And what of it?"
"What happened?"
"You'd never believe me if I told you."
"Try me."
"Well this ring." I started.
"I've never liked it."
"And with good reason."
Before I could finish Gin gasped and Roman stuck his binky in her mouth. I guess he thought she was going to cry too and gave it to her. She laughed and spit the binky out as she covered her mouth.
"Yes indeed, ladies and gentlemen this ring, I've been wearing wasn't intended for me. Which explains why it was so small when I first got it." I concluded.
"He's a ring recycler?!"
"Yes he is."
"What are you going to do?"
"Me? I’m leaving him. For good now. I’m through with therapy...well, not through just..."
"Through with therapy with him?"
"And tell her what she's won Johnny."
"What I win?"
"You're condemned to a life with me living next door and 3 kids."
"You have 2 kids."
"No, no, no. Paco hit it out the park. Not only is he a cheating whore, ring recycler and down right horrible person he knocks me up whenever her leaves! He always leaves me with babies!"
"No shit dude I KNEW IT!."
"How am I gonna do this?"
"You can take half of his half."
Even in times like this Gin made me die with laughter. I guess that's what it may come down too.
"Did you talk about what happened in Target last week?" Gin asked.
"Oh, how if I was closer he would have thrown Sofi in the cart and sexed Elisa on the front lanes? No we didn't talk about that, because I left."
"That boys got balls the size of- what was it?"
"Jupiter."
"Yes, Jupiter. I can't believe him."
"You should have seen him Gin. He looked at Elisa the way he used to look at me. He looked at her and I know he saw an exit. Its like I could almost see his thought process in action. We know he loves Rome and Sofi but...he wanted to run. His hands got so cold. He was in fight or flight mode. He was going to run."
"Crazy."
"I've never felt him like that. I touch him all the time...he's never been cold like that."
"I don't know what to say-"
"How's the wedding coming along?"
"What wedding?"
I saw Joe walking through the door and had to change the subject. I doubt Joe knew what was what going on. Right now I just needed him to be pleasantly ignorant to everything that's going on. He had his boys, they're all he needed to worry about right now.
"Oh that wedding." Gin said laughing, "its gonna be in July...right Joe?"
"Yep." Joe said walking in, kissing all the kids in the room, "not much more to plan."
"So are you doing it in temple?" I asked.
Gin shook her head yes and Joe smiled.
"The dutiful wife." I said laughing, "hey Joe, help me with their car seats. I’m gonna take off now."
"Yea sure." Joe replied.
"Call me when you get settled...or IM me, but whatever works." Gin concluded waving.

~*~
When I got home I put everyone to bed and awaited Patrick's arrival. I sat and started at this ring as I sat Indian style on the couch. I then got up paced the floor and continued to look at this ring. What killed me now was that this wasn't my ring. In total I've maybe worn this ring for about a year.
But now that I had the time to process this and know that the ring didn’t mean what I thought it did, this ring wasn't me at all. It was gaudy and ugly. I would never pick out anything oval cut, oval is not cute. Rings should be square, princess or even emerald cut. Not this funky pear/oval cut. This started to get me even more steamed.
It showed that Patrick didn't know me at all! I took the ring off and put it- I don't even know where I put it, maybe I dropped it down the garbage disposal or even somewhere on the floor.
I was sitting on the couch when Patrick walked through the door 6 hours later.
"I want you gone. No questions. I don't even want to have this argument. I want you to pack your things and leave. I don't even think therapy can help us any more Paco. You've hurt me beyond repair. So here's what I need you to do. Grab what you need and leave my house." I said softly.
"Your house-" Patrick tried to argue.
"I own it like I own you Cariño."
This was the only way I knew I could hurt him, by using the nickname coldly, that's only always made him feel warm.
"When it comes to the kids- you can see them when you want, I’m not that woman. Until tomorrow." I concluded as Patrick left the house and I went to bed, numb.
Sign up to rate and review this story