Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're Together, Still I'm On My Own- Chapter 2 up

Let Me Help You

by lostmyfearoffalling 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-02-07 - Updated: 2009-02-07 - 665 words - Complete

0Unrated
I have no idea where to look for Gerard. No one really knows people’s names yet, so I can’t go asking people if they’ve seen him. And I’m going to be late.
I endure my next three classes, until lunch break. I tap my fingers against my side. I sigh, then decide to try asking around anyhow.
I walk up to a short girl with pixie hair that’s white blonde.
“Excuse me, have you seen a boy with black hair, average height, with green eyes?”
She laughs. “Oh him? Yeah. He’s way hung over.”
“I know. That’s sorta why I need to find him.”
“He walked out into the courtyard like five minutes ago.”
“Thanks.” I smile at her.
“Welcome. Hey, aren’t you in my first class?”
“ I don’t know.” I haven’t noticed anyone in the class except Mark and Gerard.
“You are. Did you draw the hand, and the blank paper?” She asks.
I blush, nodding.
“That was really cool.”
“Thanks. Got to go.”
“See you later.” She says brightly.
But I’m already on my way out to the courtyard. I don’t even know what I’m doing. Going to find a boy who I barely know, to do what? I’m clueless. But he needs help, and he’s the only person I know. He was nice to me.
I run outside, and the sky is overcast again. My eyes scan the yard, past the artful bushes and statues, the fountain in the middle. I do a double take when I see a dark figure braced against the wall, until they double over and dissapear into the bushes.
I walk over, hesitant, though I’m positive that it’s Gerard. I take a deep breath, and approach him cautiously. He stands up right before I speak, wiping his mouth shakily with the back of his hand.
“Gerard?”
He looks back at me, wincing when he turns his head too fast.
“Are you ok? Do you need some help?”
“No. I’m…I’m ok.” But he throws one of his hands against the wall to hold himself up.
I shake my head. “No. I’ll take you home. “
“No. I’m-“ he mumbles, unconvincing.
“You’re not. Let me help you.”
“Don’t you have another class? You’ll miss-“
“It’s the second day. Mark’s class is the only one that we’re doing anything in. Let me help you.”
He sighs, and I can almost see him wrestling with the choices. It looks like thinking is hurting his head.
“Fine.” He steps forward, and my hands float up instinctively, ready to steady him if he needs it. He seems ok. I walk slowly, so that Gerard can keep up with me.
By the time we get to my car, he’s stumbling again. As we get in, I smile at the similarities in the insides of our cars. I have drawings on the floor, along with my Ipod. I have coffee cups, and several articles of clothing.
Gerard cringes when the door slams shut.
“So, where am I going?” I ask him.
“Boy’s dorms.” He says tiredly. He’s shivering, so I turn up the heat in the car.
“Ok.”
I bite my lip as I drive, trying to decide if I want to ask him what happened. I decide to let it go. It’s not my business. Not yet.

I stop in front of the building, debating whether or not I need to walk him up.
He answers that for me. “I can walk to my room on my own. Thanks Rainier.”
“Welcome. See you tomorrow.” Hopefully. Maybe.
He nods, making his best attempt to walk normally as he goes into the building.
I watch him go, looking back the road and blinking profusely.
“Don’t. Don’t count on anything.” I tell myself.
But it’s already beginning. I already like him too much.
Sign up to rate and review this story