Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 1991

Collide

by wheresyourheart 8 reviews

...then looked in his eyes and--- this is the cheesiest thing ever, but the only way to describe how it felt--- I melted.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2009-02-07 - Updated: 2009-02-07 - 748 words

3Original
In all honesty, I have never been much of a conversationalist. But Gerard and I, we could have talked for an endless uncountable amount of time, without going back to the same subject. It was extremely refreshing to meet a guy that wanted to be around you and wasn't trying to get in your pants.

We had just finished getting a snack and were sitting under the Jersey afternoon sky in my backyard, jeans rolled up and feet dangling in the water of the inground pool. As I splashed my foot around, I said, "So do you have a younger brother?"

Gerard looked at me, surprised, "Actually, yeah. Mikey. How'd you know?"

Shrugging and thinking about my younger brother in Maine, who I was unbelievably missing, I said, "I just wish I had a little brother."

"No you don't," Gerard told me. "He's unbearingly annoying."

"I'm sure he's not that bad," I said. "I bet you'd miss him if he were gone."

Gerard gave a sarcastic laugh, said, "That would be a vacation!"

I laughed, "Yeah, maybe."

"So you and uh... Jake? That's his name, right?" Gerard asked. I nodded and he continued, "Do you two get along at all?"

"Uh, not exactly," I sighed, "I don't know why, but he despises me."

"Hm," Gerard was quiet in thought. We both sat in silence, enjoying eachother's company.

Suddenly Gerard said, "If you could wish for any three things, anything, and it would come true, what would you wish for?"

I bit my lip, "That's a big question." I thought for a moment, then said, "You realize it will take me, like, two hours to think of one thing, don't you?"

He laughed, "Just anything off the top of your head."

Automatically my first wish came to mind; I wish that I could be Casey Stone again, but bring you with me. Of course there was no way I could say that out loud, expecially not to him, so I thought of something else.

"I would wish for a white Gibson Les Paul guitar. I have always loved those," I said to Gerard. I moved my bangs out of my face, Gerard did the same.

"You play guitar?" he said.

"Yeah, I love guitar. I could sit around for days and just play," I said, smiling. "My second wish would have to be... hm... To take a trip to..." I thought for a second, then exclaimed, "The moon!"

"Why the moon?" Gerard questioned.

"Why not the moon?" I replied.

Laughing, he said, "Touché."

I giggled a little. He asked, "Your third wish?"

I took a look at his expectant face then looked down into the crystal-clear water. "To never have to leave your side," I blurted out.

His facial expression turned to one of utter surprise and he asked, "Really?"

I swallowed, my heart racing, "Of course." I wasn't even nervous that he would be wierded out, because I knew he felt the same... just by the way he looked at me that very moment.

"You know what's really strange?" he said.

"What?"

"That I think... nevermind."

My jaw dropped and I said, "Gerard, you can't just start telling me something and then stop!"

"Fine," he started tapping his fingers nervously on the cement beneath him. "This is going to sound dumb and--- well, there's just no one that I've ever had this kind of connection with."

Already knowing what he meant, I asked him, "What do you mean?"

"I mean that... it's like we've been friends since kindergarten or something. Like we didn't just become friends four days ago. It's like... I don't even know, Amanda."

"I know exactly what you're saying," I told him, then looked in his eyes and--- this is the cheesiest thing ever, but the only way to describe how it felt--- I melted. We looked at eachother, taking in eachother's faces. He leaned in toward me slowly, stopping at the very last second, inches from my face. My heart stopped as I drew closer to him and we collided.

"Amanda," said a male voice from the sliding glass door a few feet behind us. Gerard jumped a mile and I pulled away from him quickly. I felt like throwing up when I thought that it was Amanda's dad, how emberassing this was and how he probably wouldn't be Gerard's biggest fan now, considering we were in a full-on make-out mode.

But then I felt like dying when I realized it was Harvey Stone.
Sign up to rate and review this story