Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And I'll End This Direst: a Frerard story

Chapter 15

by xDescendingAngelx 1 review

Parents, pajamas, and Pansy

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-02-11 - Updated: 2009-02-12 - 1792 words

0Unrated
sorry for the intense cliche-ness in these past chapters... i didn't remember how much of a cheesy writer i was last year (i first wrote this for fanfiction.net in july of '08)
......................
Frank's POV

God, this was unbelievable. Not only did I tell Gee what I thought about him, but I found out that he felt the same way about me! Being in Gerard’s arms was—cliché as it sounds—a hell of a lot better than being in the real world, in a way. I’d never felt as safe in my life as I did right then, close enough to Gee to hear his heartbeat.

He pulled away from our kiss, and I blushed. Elena walked in with her groceries just after we separated, and we helped her put the food away.

“What is that smell? It smells like…” Elena sniffed the air, trying to name the scent.

“You,” Gerard finished. “It’s Frankie, Grandma. He used your shampoo by mistake.”

I smiled sheepishly as Elena walked over to me, sniffing my head. “So he did,” she laughed, not believing I would actually mistake her shampoo for Gerard’s.

Just then, I heard “Dust to Dust” by the Misfits playing faintly. “Hey, I love that song,” I said, mouthing some of the words.

“Uh, Frank? I think that’s your phone,” Gerard said, looking at me like I was a complete nutcase. Oh, yeah, I felt dumb then. I pulled out my phone and looked at the screen.

“It’s my mom,” I said to no one in particular.

“Let me talk to her,” both Gerard and Elena said simultaneously, lurching forward in attempts to reach my phone before the other. I shook my head no to both of them as I flipped my phone open.

“Hello?”

“Frank Anthony Thomas Iero, where the hell are you?” My mom screeched over the phone so loudly that I had to take the phone away from my ear to keep from going deaf.

“I told you; I left you a note! I’m—”

“You get your ass home, now! Where are all my drinks, boy?”

“I can’t, Mom. I’m at a friend’s house,” I said, avoiding her last question.

“When you get home, you’re gonna get it! I’m gonna make sure you—”

Elena stepped in right then, coming to my rescue. “Let me reason with her,” she said softly, taking the phone from my hand.

“I don’t think she’ll reason right now,” I warned her, keeping my voice at a whisper. She nodded and started to talk to my mom, waving Gerard and me away. We ran to his room and shut the door behind us.

“Damn, Frank, we could hear her from half a room away,” Gerard said, looking at me.

I shuffled my feet, ashamed. “I know. I hope she doesn’t yell at Elena too bad, I wanted to save her…”

“Don’t worry about Grandma; she’s dealt with situations like these before,” he said, and I assumed he meant himself. I wrapped him up in a hug, and he pressed his lips to mine a second time reassuringly. “You’re definitely staying another night, just so you know,” he breathed, eyes closed.

I smiled into the kiss, resting my forehead against his. “Thanks, Gee.”

“Hey, I just remembered Pansy,” he said. “You want to play something for me?”

I nodded; Pansy was exactly what I needed right then. As Gerard got up to go get her from the living room, I remembered all the horror Pansy and I had been through together: all the times my parents fought; got drunk; hit me; Pansy was there. She was my only comfort, and the only therapy I had ever needed.

Gerard returned with her case, and I took her gratefully, slipping the shoulder strap over my shoulder and strumming a few times. I then began playing intros to various songs that I thought Gerard would know, and played the verses to the ones he did. He sang along to most of them.

“You’re a great singer,” I told him honestly.

“You think so?” he asked, blushing a little. “Grandma taught me all I know about singing in music. She’s still not done talking to your mom yet, but I’ll have her sing for you once she is.”

I nodded, still strumming a few chords until Elena's face appeared in the doorway.

“Here’s your phone, sugar. You’re staying with us again tonight, then.”

“I guess; it depends on what my mom said. I may have to go back to my house.”

“No, Frankie, I wasn’t asking if you were staying another night. I was telling you that you were staying, and you mother knows it, too,” she said, looking serious. It was strange seeing Elena so defensive.

“Yes, ma’am. How did you convince my mom… never mind. I don’t even want to know,” I said, smiling at her.

“Grandma, Frank's got his guitar. Do you think you could sing something for him?” Gerard asked, eyes wide.

“Oh, yes! What songs do you know, hon?” she asked, pulling up a chair.

“Whatever you want to sing,” I smiled, enjoying the “family moment” while it lasted.

Gerard’s POV

Night came quickly for me that day; after Grandma got off the phone with Frank's psychotic mother, she came in and the three of us sang like drunken fools to Frank’s guitar, which he is extremely good at. Just like when I was a kid—back when Mikey and I were close—and the two of us would gather around my parents, listening to them play the guitar in the living room. Memories like that made me hate Mikey and my parents even more for breaking them and making what they were: memories.

I had to say, it was great being able to get back together with family, even if it was just Grandma and Frank, who wasn’t even family, and just sing and have a good time. I was sure it was fun for Frank, since God knows he’s probably never done this, and Grandma just loves music in general. She particularly enjoyed Frank's guitar playing, since he could make the chords harmonize with her voice, making sweet sounds.

Before I knew it, it was dinnertime (burgers for Grandma and me, veggie burgers and salad for Frank), and we all went to bed shortly after that. I resumed my normal spot on the couch while Grandma took to her room and Frank took to mine.

I found it impossible to get to sleep because of the couch, and I stayed awake for what seemed like hours. By the time I knew Grandma was asleep, I quietly got up from the couch and made m way back to my bedroom, where I was surprised to find Frankie still awake, as if he were waiting for me.

“Hey, Gee,” he whispered.

“Hey, Frankie,” I replied, shutting the door behind me. “Can’t sleep.”

He scooted over, patting the bed, which was my cue to lie beside him.

“Nice pajamas,” he smirked, eyeing my huge wool skeleton pajamas.

“You too,” I replied, looking down, just then noticing that he was wearing nothing but a t-shirt and boxers. I blushed when I realized what I had said, and he chuckled.

“I knew you’d like them,” he joked, wrapping his arms around my waist again.

We just laid there, doing nothing but cuddling for a few minutes; I was lying flat on my back while Frank was sort of half-on top of me, half-beside me. His face was buried in my chest; his hot breath sending chills down my spine. After a while, he looked up at me. “Gerard, aren’t those pajamas hot?” he asked somewhat mischievously. I nodded and smiled, knowing he wanted me to take them off, so I did. I returned with just my boxers, suddenly feeling self-conscious and exposed, but he took my example, taking off his shirt as well so I wouldn’t be alone.

We got back into our original position, with his face buried in my chest and my head resting on top of his; my arms around him. I kissed the top of his head, smelling Grandma, and laughed, sending hot air down the back of his neck. He shivered as my breath traveled down his spine this time, and he drew closer to me, holding me tighter.

I froze as I remembered my little episode at his house earlier that morning; more pangs of guilt and remorse shot through my veins. I didn’t deserve this, I knew that much; I would never deserve anything as good as Frankie for as long as I lived. It wasn’t fair for him to be stuck with a filthy, gutless creature like me when he deserved so much better.

“Frankie, I…” He looked at me, concern wrinkling across his face. I reassuringly pushed some of his hair back behind his ear. He squirmed as my fingers brushed the top of his ear, trying not to let out a laugh.

“What is it, Gee?”

It was my turn to squirm when he slowly moved his hands from around my waist to my upper back, lightly dragging his fingertips along the way up to my shoulder blades. He repositioned himself so that his face no longer resting on my chest, but right under my chin.

“Frankie, I can’t… I don’t deserve… You don’t deserve…” I was trying to put my previous thoughts into words, but I couldn’t seem to find the right ones to say. I didn’t want to tell him about my drinking, which I had sworn to myself that I would never do again before.

“Shh, Gee,” he instructed quietly, placing a finger over my lips. “It’s okay.”

I groaned slightly as he slowly kissed in a line up my neck from my collarbone to my jawbone, leaving moist spots where his mouth had been. Making his way up to my lips, he moved his hands from my shoulder blades to push my hair out of my eyes, leaving my hair messier than it was originally. Smiling, he placed a hand on either side of my jaw. I leaned in, using the grip I had around his waist to pull him closer and into a kiss. After a while, he pulled away, returning one hand to its initial place around my waist, the other affectionately rubbing small circles over my cheek.

I smiled in spite of myself: my whole world was resting in my arms, and we stayed that way, falling asleep together.
Sign up to rate and review this story