Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Getting My Baby Back

The Cover Up

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Joanna learns more about what's been happening in the house, will she change her mind?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-02-12 - Updated: 2009-02-12 - 1239 words

2Original
I laid there in bed next to Gerard contemplating the events of the day. Waking up to find Gerard was there in the house waiting for me, waiting to apologize to me and hoping that I would forgive him, which I did of course. I love Gerard, I’ve always have loved Gerard and probably always will. But the kiss with Bob shook something inside of me, I don’t know what. I only know it can’t happen again. I can’t lose what I have with Gerard.

All those lonely nights were spent thinking of him and Emily, every time I fucked someone it was his face I saw to get me through it, that and the promise of either money for drugs or drugs itself. I needed them to forget, forget what we did to Bob, forget that Gerard cheated on me, but mostly I needed to forget that I had to give up my baby.

Gerard and I had a long talk about it all. He asked me all the questions I needed from him the night before. I now know how much I hurt him by keeping this a secret. I promised that I would never keep another secret from him.

Even as I promised I knew I was already breaking my promise because I’m keeping two things from him. The kiss I shared with Bob only hours ago. It would destroy him if he knew I kissed Bob back. The other is the fact that Bob’s dad killed Patrick. I didn’t want to ruin their new found friendship. Even though it wasn’t Bob’s fault, I know Gerard would blame him.

After our talk we made love for the first time since we got back together, how do you describe something so incredibly earth shattering. It was everything I remembered and more. He wasn’t the kid that I had sex with before he was a man making love to me. He never questioned the fact of wearing a condom, I think he knew it would devastate me if I ever passed my disease on to him.

After we made love we just laid in each other’s arms as sleep consumed us. It was the best sleep I had in a long time. I decided to get up and get a glass of water. Ray was on the couch playing a video game, Christa left because she had to go to work.

“Hi,” I smiled at my best friend.

“You look incredibly happy.”

“I am. For the first time in my life I feel whole.”

Ray paused his game, stood up, wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. “You don’t need Gee to make you feel whole,” he whispered in my ear.

The then stood back and stared into my eyes and held my hands, ‘Oh my god, is Ray going to kiss me?’ my thoughts were racing a mile a minute was it true Ray had always wanted me?

“I can see in your eyes you’re hiding something, did something happed between you and Bob?”

What did he have a sixth sense?

I put my head down, “Bob kissed me. The worst part is I kissed him back.”

Ray blew out a deep breath, “Lys you can’t string him along. You know how he feels about you.”

“I know and I swear it will never happen again.”

“What about your little ruse that you’re playing for the benefit of the court?”

“We don’t have to make out in front of them to convince them we’re a couple. We just have to get to know each other better.”

“I still think you’re all making a big mistake. Someone’s going to get hurt real bad.”

I felt guilty I hated that I was going to hurt Bob so badly, he had been so nice to me. I really got to know more about him last night.

“Ray I don’t want to hurt anyone, I just want my baby back. Besides this was his idea.”

I knew Ray was disappointed in me, fuck I was disappointed in myself, but it was Gerard that I loved, wasn’t it? Yes it was I’ll just try not to hurt Bob any more.

Joanna’s POV

I hate all this paper work that goes along with being a lawyer, and with my secretary home with the flu, I’m stuck answering the phones and opening the mail.

I sort through and find a couple of fee payments, some court docs, a notice of intent, but lastly it was the results for the paternity test for Bryar. Didn’t they know I wasn’t handling that case anymore. I looked at the results, no surprise it was a 99.998 chance that Bryar was the father. I’ll send it off to him.

I was about to pack it up for the night, when my phone rang. I looked on my caller ID it was a number I didn’t recognize. I let it ring two more times then finally picked it up.

“Joanna Brahms,” I said into the receiver.

“Hey there my client told me when I found something I should call you.”

“Whose your client?”

“Bob Bryar.”

“I’m sorry I’m no longer representing him.”

“Oh, do you know who is?”

“From what I hear no one is. I’m a very busy woman and I was about to leave. I’m sorry I can’t help you.”

“I’m sorry too. No kid should have to be going what she’s going through.”

Why did he have to say that, didn’t he knew he got me there. How I lost my child in a custody battle and then again to lose her when my ex beat her so badly that she was brain dead when they brought her in.

“What do you know?”

“I found out from a nurse the kid has been abused since she was less than a year.”

“Can you get her records?”

“Slight problem with that, there are none. Seems the good old doc blackmailed another doc into not filling out the proper paperwork. The kid should have a file three to four inches big but it only shows her check ups.”

“So there’s a cover-up.”

“Yep.”

“And how do you know all this?”

“Seems the doc that was treating the kid was banging this nurse and told her everything.”

“So why is she telling you this?”

“Well I myself have particular talents.”

“Spare me the details.”

He just laughed. “Will she testify?”

“I’m working on that. I thought you weren’t interested.”

“I think I changed my mind.”

“Hey Brahms, sorry about your kid. That ass should never have gotten custody and I hope he burns in hell.”

“Thank you. What’s you name?”

He hung up before I finished the question. I have a feeling I’ll be hearing from him again.

Whoever this was knew about what happened in San Francisco. I moved to New York hoping to put the past behind me, but here it is staring me straight in the face. I made a decision. Even though I hate that Bob and Alyssa will be lying, I realize that they’re just doing anything to get their child back. Thinking back I wish I did the same thing.
Sign up to rate and review this story